xanax for a little over 6 weeks PLEASE HELP!!

[cw...]

Hello! I’ve been taking xanax for 6 weeks from anywhere from 2-8 mg a day. for the past 2 weeks i’ve been taking from 1-2mg except for one mess up day where I took 5 mg and one where i took 3mg. i’m out of xanax but i was able to obtain 60 5mg diazepam from my doctor and i’m here to try to figure out the best taper plan so it’s not too drawn out but I can lessen my withdrawal

symptoms. i’ve tried to ask my doctor to prescribe me 10mg diazepam tabs but he won’t as he thinks 5mg is comparable to .5 mg xanax which from what i’ve read it’s not. would appreciate any help! i was thinking about taking 20 mg diazepam for five days and lowering my dosage 5 mg every 5 days for about 3 weeks. i need to know if i’m doing the right thing!

Hello! I’ve been taking xanax for 6 months from anywhere from 2-8 mg a day. for the past 2 weeks i’ve been taking from 1-2mg except for one mess up day where I took 5 mg and one where i took 3mg. i’m out of xanax but i was able to obtain 60 5mg diazepam from my doctor and i’m here to try to figure out the best taper plan so it’s not too drawn out but I can lessen my withdrawal

symptoms. i’ve tried to ask my doctor to prescribe me 10mg diazepam tabs but he won’t as he thinks 5mg is comparable to .5 mg xanax which from what i’ve read it’s not. would appreciate any help!

Hello cwillyy-

This class of medication is not one to be on for an extended period of time. While the majority of folks withdrawal with minimal symptoms and fully heal quickly, there is a small chance that one may be sensitive and experience significant withdrawal symptoms. If you were only on xanax 6 weeks I would strongly suggest a rapid taper and be done with it.

Wishing you a smooth taper and speedy recovery!  :smitten:

Hello! I’ve been taking xanax for 6 months from anywhere from 2-8 mg a day. for the past 2 weeks i’ve been taking from 1-2mg except for one mess up day where I took 5 mg and one where i took 3mg. i’m out of xanax but i was able to obtain 60 5mg diazepam from my doctor and i’m here to try to figure out the best taper plan so it’s not too drawn out but I can lessen my withdrawal

symptoms. i’ve tried to ask my doctor to prescribe me 10mg diazepam tabs but he won’t as he thinks 5mg is comparable to .5 mg xanax which from what i’ve read it’s not. would appreciate any help!

Hello cwillyy-

This class of medication is not one to be on for an extended period of time. While the majority of folks withdrawal with minimal symptoms and fully heal quickly, there is a small chance that one may be sensitive and experience significant withdrawal symptoms. If you were only on xanax 6 weeks I would strongly suggest a rapid taper and be done with it.

Wishing you a smooth taper and speedy recovery!  :smitten:

Thank you for the info! When you say rapid taper how long would you reccomend doing it for? 1 week? 2 weeks?