Looking for help. 1mg Xanax to Valium.

[Li...]

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum. I’ve done a lot of reading and researching online. I’m somewhat familiar with the Ashton Manual. I’ve been on 1mg of Xanax for 15 - 16 years. I’m seeing a doctor (in about an hour). My question is can I just jump directly from Xanax to Valium? It looks like 1mg of Xanax is equivalent to 16-20mg of Valium? Or should there be some sort of tapering the Xanax while introducing the Valium? And then of course my goal is to taper off the Valium in time. If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful and hopefully I can help someone down the road. Thanks!

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum. I’ve done a lot of reading and researching online. I’m somewhat familiar with the Ashton Manual. I’ve been on 1mg of Xanax for 15 - 16 years. I’m seeing a doctor (in about an hour). My question is can I just jump directly from Xanax to Valium? It looks like 1mg of Xanax is equivalent to 16-20mg of Valium? Or should there be some sort of tapering the Xanax while introducing the Valium? And then of course my goal is to taper off the Valium in time. If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful and hopefully I can help someone down the road. Thanks!

You can try and see how you feel. If it is to much then look at an Ashton type of crossover.  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
I crossed from Xanax to Klonopin to Valium without any issues (same dose as you-1mg/day, but was not on for as long as you).  The Ashton Schedule allows for both tapered and directed crossovers.