Hot Yoga - good or bad during taper?

[So...]

I used to do hot yoga 5x a week and felt much better always afterwards. I was told to be careful doing hot yoga during my taper because it can instigate w/s - has anyone heard anything? I have a kind of window today and was going to go but don't want to feel lousy tomorrow with w/s

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing though I'm nearing ten months off c/t. I was thinking of going to hot yoga once a week and wondering if it would be helpful or hurtful.

If you are able to handle it, you'll most likely be fine.

I can't handle even the thought of yoga in my wd and the slightest exercise causes issues, but if that's something you're used to and are feeling well enough to do it - don't give up something you love.

Sorry about your struggling - it will get better and the insomnia will also go away.

I am going to do a hot yoga class today and will report back how I feel after and how I feel tomorrow.

Stay strong!

I waned to report that I had a whole day window. 2 nights before I was only able to get 2 hours of sleep but last night I fell asleep, woke up at 5am (per usual) and then fell back asleep until 8:30am. I felt 90% "normal" all day and even did hot yoga this afternoon for the first time in weeks. I have been eating very healthy and clean which helps I think and drinking loads of water too. I am going to focus on this window and will my brain and body to bring more windows!

Hey Boom -

Hope you are feeling better. The hot yoga doesn't seem to have set me back this morning. I slept the best I have in weeks last night and by accident took only half of my daily tapering dose before bed.

I am going to report how I feel later in the day and might even take another class this afternoon as it helped yesterday - hoping it doesn't bring on a wave. I keep reading that exercise is helpful in this process so going to try and stick with it.

Thanks. I will keep what you have said in mind. I think yoga in any form would be useful right now, even if it's not hot yoga. I am taking four weeks off work and am looking to workout with cardio and yoga daily. I need to get better.

I cut from 4mil to 3mil of Valium yesterday. Feel a little bit overwhelmed today but know I can handle this cut. I slept well for me last night (6 hours!), woke up with that anxious feeling but plugging through the day.Trying hard not to future trip as they say and worry about future cuts and then the big jump. I did yoga 2 days in a row which has helped with sleep I think, even if the 2nd day was definitely more challenging to balance myself in class.

I can't believe I started at 10mil and am now at 3mil - I hope I haven't been going too fast but have been listening to my body and know I can handle this.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!