18-30 MONTHS AND UPWARDS

[A1...]

Hi all ,i see that the 18-30 site has been stopped ,has everyone healed or just given up hope,,,,,,if you still struggling please tell us whats going on and even better if you have seen some healing from 18 months onwards , please tell us all to give us some hope ,as we all need some motivation with this journey through hell.......

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Kl...]

• [NY...]

• [pi...]

• [Ho...]

HI.... there is a group under 18-30 plus which was going and has been started up again....go to google and put in 18-30 plus group benzo buddies.....or post withdrawal recovery on the benzo buddies site.......

Hi A1965,

So sorry to hear you're still struggling.  You may want to read some of my posts so I don't repeat myself here.  I was on Klonopin for 30 years and it's now been almost 5 years since I cold turkeyed.  Keep in mind I was gravely ill and bedridden from Klonopin BEFORE I quit.  I didn't see much improvement until my 3rd year.  My first 2 1/2 years were horror shows.  I came back specifically to let Buddies know that all my horrific symptoms just very slowly faded away.  It did take more TIME than I ever expected, but if my very sick body could recover, then I know the rest of the Buddies here will too.  Don't think that this is forever, because it's not.  It all goes away, but it just takes time.  It's very frustrating because society is so use to taking a pill for this and a pill for that, but honestly there are no pills to help what we have.  We are at the mercy of TIME.  I stopped all medications and am nearly completely recovered.  Just needs time.  Hang in there.

I’m coming up on 29 and seeing some real improvement. Some days 100%. When I do have sms it’s a mix of rotating glitches. 26-28 were pretty dam rough and discouraging. We protracted folk do heal too. We’re so close.

Hi all ,i see that the 18-30 site has been stopped ,has everyone healed or just given up hope,,,,,,if you still struggling please tell us whats going on and even better if you have seen some healing from 18 months onwards , please tell us all to give us some hope ,as we all need some motivation with this journey through hell.......

26 months here, still having a rough time but it comes and goes. just got sick with a cold and my symptoms are 10x worse. extreme fatigue, depression, anxiety, dp/dr, insomnia very bad some nights, feeling very very sick all over, feeling like my nerves/muscles need to puke,extreme pressure in brain, feelings of utter despair and dread, feeling like i'm dying etc.. lots of weird stuff i cant explain in my head. just feeling very tired and done, like i'm giving up. i have no energy for anything.

hoping its just a wave and this eases up and it's almost over.

I'm approaching 28 months next week. Things definitely got better around 24 months, though I'm still up and down with sx daily.. They have

gotten a lot less over the past few months even.. I am hoping as I get closer to 30, things will improve much more rapidly. I am mostly functional, I work, can enjoy life a little more, but I'm not there yet and it's not an easy life yet. It does get better!

Hello to all my fellow warriors.

I’m approaching 30 months and although my monophobia has mostly disappeared and the anxiety is lessened a lot I’m still getting hammered by depression and apathy with head pressure headaches, nerve pain and depersonalization but as bad as it sounds I’m better than I was even last summer.

Although far from recovered I can tell that I am definitely healing and someday this will all be in the rear view mirror. Hang in there buddies, this will eventually go away and remember that there is no pill that heals what pills have done to us.

I'm at 20 months. No change in recent months -- cognitive issues, visual disturbances, tinnitus, and so on persist.

I just realized that this is my sixth year of not feeling normal (tolerance withdrawal hit in early 2014) and it's scary to me that it's been that long since I've felt like my regular self.

Hoping for healing in 2019.

Feel sorry for all of us. Just a question to the 24+ buddies; did you also have a very bad time in month 21 & 22? And when did you start feel “functional” again? I am pacing the ground every day now.

Yes I had the worst wave in 6 months or so around 21/22. It lasted a couple months but peaked around a month then gradually fell away. Since then I've not had a wave that bad or as long. The windows I started getting around 22.5 onwards were so much better.

Hey buddies.

Never thought I'd be a 30+ case, but here I am.  In a horrible wave, day 13.  Many old symptoms are back - feeling poisoned, DP/DR,  depression, glutamate storms, vision issues, benzo belly, head pressure, intrusive thoughts, on and on.  Torture.  I had a window for two hours this morning where it all went away, and I felt hopeful it had broken, but nope - it all came back around 11AM.

Bright side - sleep is good for the past 2 weeks or so  ::).

And yes, 22 months off was one of my worst waves.  I don't think I had another huge one, until this one.  Maybe, hopefully, my last.  Hang in there buddies.

WR

Hey buddies.

Never thought I'd be a 30+ case, but here I am.  In a horrible wave, day 13.  Many old symptoms are back - feeling poisoned, DP/DR,  depression, glutamate storms, vision issues, benzo belly, head pressure, intrusive thoughts, on and on.  Torture.  I had a window for two hours this morning where it all went away, and I felt hopeful it had broken, but nope - it all came back around 11AM.

And yes, 22 months off was one of my worst waves.  I don't think I had another huge one, until this one.  Maybe, hopefully, my last.  Hang in there buddies.

WR

Hang in there my friend. We’re following the same pattern and path. It will all come to a wonderful end someday soon. We are all warriors. 👍🏻

Hey buddies.

WR

Hang in there my friend. We’re following the same pattern and path. It will all come to a wonderful end someday soon. We are all warriors. 👍🏻

Thanks, Baden.  I think the uncertainty of when it will end, is one of the toughest aspects. We are getting close tho  :thumbsup:

Hey buddies.

WR

Thanks, Baden.  I think the uncertainty of when it will end, is one of the toughest aspects. We are getting close tho  :thumbsup:

that’s 100% correct waverider, the uncertainty is the worst, hey it could be tomorrow! 👋

I'm nearing 20 months out from a cold turkey off of Klonopin. Most of my old symptoms are much better and I feel normal physically. My remaining symptoms are mental. I still struggle with some intrusive thoughts and anxiety, but I've kind if just gotten used to it.

My worst symptom that still plagues me pretty much every day now is conscious breathing. My breathing is not automatic and I'm forced to control it when I'm aware of it or thinking about it. I kind of just wake up doing it. I've had this symptom since about month 3 and it's only abated for about a week here and there, but has otherwise remained pretty consistent.

I dont really post too much anymore, because I struggle with if this is even withdrawal anymore, or healing rather. That's pretty much been the issue with me, is feeling that I'm stuck with this symptom and the fact that it might just be something I'm forced to live with because of the anxiety or my new obsessive brain. I'm not really sure what actually causes this symptom, but I'm learning to live with it, as much as I hate it.

29 months off and i am having a bad day. winter has hit me hard!

there's been improvements but i honestly do worry this is permanent at times and i lose hope.

scretching tittinius, high anxiety/confusion, stomach/digestive issues, horrid skin issues, and crippling insomnia being the worst.

if i don't sleep well it's like my panic button is pressed and i'm in excruciating pain.

i starting working here and there and often the night before i woke i can't sleep a wink and i am in pure emotional and physical pain, it's embarrassing, and i can't do a good job at work.

Glad to hear that Bernard. I've been in a bad way and just turned 28 months. Had a stressful family situation come up it's been going on for months  and got exhausted and my sms have gone through the roof. Back to basics as much as possible. Really hope you've turned a corner and enjoy those 100% windows!

At 26 months off benzos and 13 months off remeron I am 80% healed edging towards 90 % , and I have to say that life feels great .

I have more energy and the bugger symptoms of muscle aches and nerve pain seem to be abating somewhat . Sleep is not perfect but I get enough to feel rested .

I never ever imagined that healing would take this long , but it is what it is . I was double poisoned with temazapam and klonopin . I was also kindled and I spent months in tolerance withdrawal .  I had very short tapers  ( Shout out with a boo-hiss to the worthless Dr. who prescribed the muck in the first place , and then refused to help me with a taper  ) All in all I feel lucky to be alive .

30 months off healing about 50% still have severe symptoms:

1.strange severe right foot pain (bottom of foot pain)

2.jelly legs (weak legs almost constant)

3.benzobelly every day

4.lower and upper back pain , neckpain

5.all over fatigue feeling all day long

beginning to wonder of if this is gonna be my life forever, sick and tired of it.

Hello Fellow Warriors!

I am on the same ship, at 19, soon 20 months off a cocktail of klonopin, valium and 2 ADs. I don't yet have much improvement to report, it really has been one long wave since jumping over a year and a half ago.

I still struggle daily with akathisia, anhedonia and emotional blunting, intrusive looping OCD thoughts, cog fog, big difficulty planning and making decisions, time-traveling (although that's not always totally unpleasant), no satiety, tummy akathisia, the inability to feel physically comfortable (again, akathisia)...

...let me just say that some months ago, I was also agonising with monophobia, and this may have let up a little, just enough for me to dig my knife into the gap and start trying more things. I used to only have one solution, and that was run off to my Mum's for company. Now I still need to be busy with people, I go to classes which take my mind off the torment and give me a sense of belonging and purpose to share for a couple of hours every day.

Here's to healing some more over the next few months! Trust that this is what our brains are doing right now  :thumbsup:

Warm Hugs to All  :smitten:

Julz xx