Ready to start Crossover from Xanax to Valium

[Ma...]

As you can see in the signature I am at .64 Xanax. I am planning on trying to crossover to 12.5 Valium, but am open to suggestions if I should try more or less. I have seen other crossover schedules so I know the basic idea. I saw Outis post some rapid croossover schedules which I guess I would like to try. It seems like you can at least try to croossover quickly and slow down if it does not go well?

If it's going to be a rapid crossover, it may be better to cross over to about a dose of valium that is 20-25% greater than the dose of Xanax you are currently taking. If you are doing it slowly, I'd say that 12.5mg of Valium sounds about right.

Thanks LorazepamFree I guess 12.5 would be the amount of Valium I would use once I get off all Xanax. For starters I thought I might go with 6.25 Valium and .32 Xanax.

Yes, that could work. It really depends how you are feeling at the moment. Listening to your body is key. If you feel stable enough on current Xanax, what you are proposing sounds like a plan. Otherwise, you could go more conservative with 2.9mg Valium and .48mg Xanax. You could probably round it to 3mg Valium and .5mg Xanax. May be easier to dose that way.

Yes I was loking back in the thread and I saw Yellow Rose's schedule where she took 3/4 of her original Xanax dose in the first phase. So yes I like the rounded off figures you suggest. I have felt pretty good lately I had changed my dosing from 4 times a day to either once or twice a day at 6 PM and 8 PM for almost two weeks I  did not feel great throughout the late morning and afternooon, but not nearly as bad as I thought I would. The reasons are not worth mentioning, and I have generally been kind of inconsistent with the timing of my doses per day. I know it is not recommended, but it kind of surprsed me that you could go back from 4 per day to 1 without the bottom following out. I just mention this as just a curiosity for others, and just a little extra background The bottom may have fallen out if I had gone another week or two I am planning twice a day, about 12 hours apart on the new crossover taper.

I really apppreciate your help. Thanks

I will probably start Friday

Yes, that is actually great news. Flexibility is the key in this, and unless your body is prodding you to dose every 6 hours (i.e. "take this or end up in hell!"), you can definitely afford some flexibility in all this.

I had very hard time myself because my body was screaming for a .5mg ativan dose every 5 1/2 to 6 hours. I basically had to insert a 2.5mg Valium dose into my regimen before I could even move a bit with the Ativan. But I ended up being a pretty severe case with some really horrible rebound hypertension that I had to plan things around. And then, once I was on 5mg of Valium, my BP started to fall down quite a bit, so it all felt really odd and scary. If you don't have these sorts of problems, then I imagine your crossover will probably go much more smoothly. Not everyone here reacts with blood pressure spikes and racing heart, and that is worth remembering.

• 3 weeks later...

Things don't always follow the plan. I crossed over a bit more to a dose of .4 Xanax and 3.6 Valium.  I was basically splitting them up in three even doses; one in mid afternoon, the other two roughly between 6 and 9 PM. Sometimes the two night doses together right around 8 which is roughly bedtime. Then I noticed I was falling asleep just taking one dose, and so the next night I just slept through the night with one dose and felt pretty good until the next afternoon. The upshot, I eliminated an entire dose or a cut of 33 percent.

I seem to feel fine though I know with Valium you can feel a cut up to a week later. Also worth noting is that I was feeling moderately sedated at my 3.6 mg and was pretty concerned about going to 12. I was OK when moving, but sitting still I was just kind of out of it

The plan at this point is to hold a couple of weeks and then cut both drugs at the ratio I am using and then start crossing over to Valium only hopefully around 5 or 6 mgs

• 3 weeks later...
There seems to be a lot of variation on how people do crossing over to Valium, so it can be difficult to give advice. So far it seems I am one of the luckier one's but who knows when things can turn and whether ?I am pushing the envelope I will let my signature tell the story fof the last 6 weeks or so

• 4 weeks later...
I had a few episodes of really high blood pressure last week, up to 190 over 110. I have reason to suspect that at least some of that problem was caused by an overdose of licorice root. Though it was clear it was also related to the interdose withdrawal from Valium dose. It has basically calmed down but still feeling weird. A kind of feeling of high pressure a kind of pulse or pressure i kind of up by my ears. My blood pressure is better but not to where it was a few weeks ago, but now my pulse rate is really high. Up around 97 this afternoon, and it probably normally around 55. It sounds like the effect of licorice can last a couple of weeks so it possible this is still what is effecting things, but am concerned I may have hit a wall with pretty rapid cuts during my crossover of the last 6 weeks or so