Seroquel – Not promoting another drug but . . .

[St...]

I’m not the type of person who can just lay and suffer and think things will get better in two or three years. I had to have something to help me sleep. I started with 100 mg seroquel and am now down to 25mg and am getting descent sleep every night. Three nights ago I got 9 hours, night before last was in and out but slept most of the night and last night was another good 8 hours. I’m 8 months off but don’t feel bad if you need that extra push to get through this. People say stay off drugs and that’s fine if you want to be a hero but I can’t do it. I’m going to get off seroquel soon but I did some serious damage to my gaba receptors and I need all the help I can get.

I'm about 3/4 of the way thru my taper of two medications. I used seroquel for a time.

When my doctor first took me of the topamax it was way too fast and the insomnia was terrible. I didnt hardly sleep for a couple months. After a while no sleep wears on you so i started taking 50 mg of seroquel which didnt help at all. Nothing would help me at that time.

But after  I healed some the seroquel started helping me sleep and like you I need the sleep. I have now tapered off the seroquel and I'm sleeping as long as i dont make big cuts to my xanax or topamax.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I got off the seroquel..threw up and felt like I was dying for 2 days but I’m off now. I slept the last 2 nights for 5 hours on my own so we will see what happens. This insomnia is getting overwhelming though. It’s not refreshed sleep at all. I just wake up feeling like someone punched me in the face right now but hopefully it gets better soon.

I just went to a new psychiatrist for help with not being able to fall asleep while stopping my Klonopin.  He also recommended Seroquel, but I'm too afraid to take it.  :-\

You dont have to take the whole pill. If it is not extended release you can cut the pill down to whatever size you want.

I cut and weigh mine down some if I need to take one. Its probably a smart thing to do anyway. Its a lot of medicine to take if never have taken them before. The doctors dont care about your personal medical history - they just prescribe you a pill and dont take in consideration how it might affect you.

I am prescribed 25 mg seroquil so i usually quarter them and then take the quaters and file them down some. Just make sure they are not extended release -those you are not supposed to cut.

Good luck.

Ok..so I just tapered off the seroquel. I was sleeping but my depression was horrible. I was crying every single day. I tapered off and threw up all day for 2 straight days and now I feel better. I took some bersama the last few nights. The first night I feel asleep fast but last night it took about 2 hours. If I do fall asleep, it seems like it’s up in the morning.

I’m not the type of person who can just lay and suffer and think things will get better in two or three years. I had to have something to help me sleep. I started with 100 mg seroquel and am now down to 25mg and am getting descent sleep every night. Three nights ago I got 9 hours, night before last was in and out but slept most of the night and last night was another good 8 hours. I’m 8 months off but don’t feel bad if you need that extra push to get through this. People say stay off drugs and that’s fine if you want to be a hero but I can’t do it. I’m going to get off seroquel soon but I did some serious damage to my gaba receptors and I need all the help I can get.

I to was prescribed Seroquel by a psych doctor after telling him my Benzo history and insomnia. I take a small dose [25MG) half an hour before laying down and it definitely helps fall off to sleep for 5-6 hrs a night. Has tremendously helped with insomnia and no next day side effects on such a low dose. I'll worry about weaning off Seroquel when my CNS is healing to the point of being able to fall asleep naturally from normal exhaustion and being up all day.