New and need some input.

[...]

I have crossed over from klonopin to valium to quick a think?  was at K.25 morning and K.25 night doing ok slight withdrawals confusion concentration went 3.5 valium morning and 3.5 night then to 2.5 V morning  and .025 V at night very confused, ring ears bad, wake at 5.or 6  body tremors in the morning better at night Hate the anxiety and body tremors Did this all in a month should I up dose to stabilize,  and then go real slow!!! Going to start a journal to keep track>

I took 7.5 Remeron knock me out couldn't get up the next dy in a fog and it felt like that might of made my anxiety worse or just CNS just can"t keep up with the the fast cuts.

Please any advice about hold or updose to stabilize don't want to get in trouble that i can't get out off?

Thank you

I have crossed over from klonopin to valium to quick a think?  was at K.25 morning and K.25 night doing ok slight withdrawals confusion concentration went 3.5 valium morning and 3.5 night then to 2.5 V morning  and .025 V at night very confused, ring ears bad, wake at 5.or 6  body tremors in the morning better at night Hate the anxiety and body tremors Did this all in a month should I up dose to stabilize,  and then go real slow!!! Going to start a journal to keep track>

I took 7.5 Remeron knock me out couldn't get up the next dy in a fog and it felt like that might of made my anxiety worse or just CNS just can"t keep up with the the fast cuts.

Please any advice about hold or updose to stabilize don't want to get in trouble that i can't get out off?

I have two observations :

1. The Ashton manual gives the equivalency of a conversion ration of 20 units of valium for each unit of klonopin.  So you probably should have switched over to 5 mg valium in the day and 5 mg valium at night.  However, you reported that you switched over to 3.5 mg valium in the morning and 2.5 mg valium at night.  Were you relatively stable at that amount or were the symptoms tolerable.

2.  The you wrote that you went down to 2.5 V morning  and .025 V at night in the course of a month.  To me this sounds like too much of a cut too fast.  This is more than a 50% cut in a month.  The board typically recommends reducing your dose by 5%-10% every 10 days to two weeks.  Some of us reduce our dose by much slower rates than this to make it more manageable--like 5%-10% per month from your previous dose.  You might want to consider going back to your original dose of valium and waiting until you stabilize and then reducing it at a much slower rate. 

Also, after you updose it might take 7 to 14 days for you to stabilize and fell better.

Thank you

I switch to 3.5V at night and 3.5 in the morning then symptoms started to become tolerable decided to start dropping because valium was making me depressed and tried then dropped 3mg V night and 2mg V morning a week or two  then 2.5 mg V at night 1.25 in the morning and that when then mornings started get bad then took remeron seems like it has just gotten worse from there.

Not Feeling so good anxiety, low self worth, worse is headaches, can't concentrate. Sucks!!

I know now even if i want off. i have to really slow down.

Do think it could be the valium not sitting well with me. Do people ever cross back and taper off the Klonopin.

Going to go back up and try to stabilize.

Thanks!

Hard to know if it is the change in drug or just the dramatic cuts causing withdrawal. Generally when you cross over, you hold at an equivalent dose for quite a while before continuing to taper, so as not to cloud the issue. What should have happened is that you should have crossed from 0.25 klonopin twice daily to 5 mg Valium twice daily, then you should have held there for 2-4 weeks to evaluate your reaction to switching drugs. Then, when stable, you would have made a cut, at a max of 10%, which would be going down to 4.5 mg Valium twice daily.

But, it is what it is, so hold on tight and wait it out. It will end. Once you stabilize at the 3.5 twice daily, what is generally recommended here is a slow symptom-based taper. There must have been a reason you switched to the Valium and you haven't given it a proper chance yet, so not sure if I would upset things further by crossing back at this point.

.25 mg K morning and night to stabilize feel much better my Valium cross over made me really depressed and sick with systems really messed me up! I am starting to stabilize only after a day and then I’m going to do liquid or dry cut using a scale golng to go slow slow slow!!!!down from here.

Everybody had said Valium was smooth not for me. Maybe I didn’t use enough valium but still the valium made me really depressed my doctor told me to switch back. I have a family and I can’t live like that with my family or I won’t have any family left.

Easy healing to all!