Feeling like you're going to faint?

[Sy...]

Does anyone have sudden feelings like you might faint? Mine seem to come out of the blue and it's like I have to shake myself out of it. Not sure if I was holding my breath or my heart rate took a dip. Learned from my cardiologist that this happens to me sometimes. Does it happen to any of you and it's anxiety and not heart related? I'd rather it be a symptom of stress or anxiety then the heart. Really want to avoid a pacemaker. Thanks

Have you checked your blood pressure? I often get very dizzy, and sometimes I feel as if I'm going to faint. I check my bp standing and sitting because they tend to be different.

Have you checked your blood pressure? I often get very dizzy, and sometimes I feel as if I'm going to faint. I check my bp standing and sitting because they tend to be different.

I didn't think of that. I should get a pulse oximeter to put on when things like this happen to see what my pulse is doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have sudden feelings like you might faint? Mine seem to come out of the blue and it's like I have to shake myself out of it. Not sure if I was holding my breath or my heart rate took a dip. Learned from my cardiologist that this happens to me sometimes. Does it happen to any of you and it's anxiety and not heart related? I'd rather it be a symptom of stress or anxiety then the heart. Really want to avoid a pacemaker. Thanks

This was one of the first symptoms I experienced when I was unknowingly going through tolerance withdrawal. I had gotten up to do some laundry one morning and after taking a few steps my legs just buckled and I hit the hardwood floor pretty hard, messed my knee up for a few weeks. I’ve gotten that same feeling several times over the last 2 year’s. It always happened to me when I got up too quickly. Apparently, ur vagus nerve is responsible for maintaining changes in BP. So when rising too quickly, it can cause a rapid drop in ur BP resulting In lightheadedness, dizziness, & possibly even fainting. I believe it’s referred to as post orthostatic hypotension. From what I’ve been read the only real danger with this is the possibility of getting hurt from fainting. It seems to have subsided for the most part for me although sometimes if I get up too quickly I get that pulsing feeling in my head, like a lack of oxygen or something. From what I’ve read this seems to be a pretty common withdrawal symptom.

this also happens from time to time for me also  its one of the main reason i quit driving in the summer of 2017  that n the panic attacks while driving  still get it tho and i really do not know why i have a few Theory's  but no solid evidence 

Lightheadedness and feeling like I might faint have been classic anxiety symptoms I've had for decades. I just toughed it out for years, then finally learned to accept and relax as best I could,  reassuring myself since I had, in fact, never fainted. Until the morning I did, while going through w/d...it could have been orthostatic hypotension from jumping out of bed too fast, or that nasty Remeron. Since then the feelings of lightheadedness and fear of fainting have come back hard, and I've had to start my process all over again, but it seems to be working...usually, and slowly.

• 1 month later...

Even with my BP normal I would get light headed spells. Benzo recovery plays havoc with your blood sugar & hippocampus.

Is this a fact?  Where can i get more information on this?  During my recovery and (especially this week) I am having what seems like a huge blood sugar changes after eating but I haven't been able to get labs in time to confirm. I'm getting so dizzy I have to sit down.  Any direction to more info would be appreciated!  Thanks!