transition from Klonopin to Valium causing sedation?

[Ma...]

My pdoc is transitioning me from K (0.375 mg) to V (7.5 mg). I'm currently at 0.125 mg of K and 5 mg of V. I feel very sedated in the morning. Maybe I shouldn't go up all the way to 7.5 mg of V but a little less?

Hi Maugham1 ~

My pdoc also did a direct/immediate transition to diazepam (V) to begin tapering.  Although it's only been 2 days on 100% V and I'm coming from a different benzo than you, I feel super sedated in the morning since taking V too.

Right now, I'm exploring just staying on my original benzo & modifying the tapering plan to get proper equivalencies.  I just ordered a jeweler's scale that measures down to .001g for accuracy at smaller doses.

To me (a newbie in this space, so hopefully others will chime in), your plan sounds like a smart one. 

Wishing you the best.

xo,

sierra7

• 1 month later...
Yep since doing a direct crossover from K to V I feel a lot more tired in the morning. It's hard to get going and I have some anxiety just wanting to fall back to sleep.

Yep since doing a direct crossover from K to V I feel a lot more tired in the morning. It's hard to get going and I have some anxiety just wanting to fall back to sleep.

It will go away. It did for me.

This was my V transitioning experience as well - too sedated to be functional at work.  So, I ended up quickly dropping V and going back to A, from which I've been tapering from since. 

In order to taper from A, I've moved to a 4x/day liquid microtaper.  I believe it was the right choice for me, but we're all different.

Wishing you well.

xo,

sierra  :smitten: