Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Sleep and depression

[Ru...]

I am nearly at 5 months after a CT from klonopin.  Have had most of the terrifying withdrawal symptoms but the last few days I noticed that I am feeling very depressed (first time for this symptom).  The depression is coming. I can feel it.  Adverse reactions to AD’s landed me on benzos 8years ago after a misdiagnosis.  Any suggestions on how to cope with this new symptom  (depression) would be greatly appreciated.  I have not been able to leave the house much since I CT in August.  I can’t work. Can’t drive.  Needless to say it has been a horrifying experience so far.  Thank you all. 

Hey, runner. I'm 9.5 months off Klonopin, which I quit c/t. I was on a low dose of .25 mgs for about 2.5 months. You find out that there is no low dose. What was your dose size for the 5 months you were on it?

I am still suffering from depression and insomnia at 9.5 months off. I also have bad intrusive thoughts that I am learning to cope with. Feel free to PM me anytime and we can discuss symptoms more.

Hey, runner. I'm 9.5 months off Klonopin, which I quit c/t. I was on a low dose of .25 mgs for about 2.5 months. You find out that there is no low dose. What was your dose size for the 5 months you were on it?

I am still suffering from depression and insomnia at 9.5 months off. I also have bad intrusive thoughts that I am learning to cope with. Feel free to PM me anytime and we can discuss symptoms more.

Boombox, you say that "I was on a low dose of .25 mgs for about 2.5 months." At the same time you mention in your signature that you used K sporadically for years off and on. That is not short term. That is long term and I think it may explain why you're having a hard time now.

Yes, I know thing are more complicated than I claim. I was obviously kindled from years of use. I should never have been on the medication for as long as I was and I never should have started them again after being off for two years. The short period of time, those 2.5 months, is really what changed me and caused me to have a bad, adverse reaction to the medication.

Yes, I know thing are more complicated than I claim. I was obviously kindled from years of use. I should never have been on the medication for as long as I was and I never should have started them again after being off for two years. The short period of time, those 2.5 months, is really what changed me and caused me to have a bad, adverse reaction to the medication.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging. I myself took Rohypnol when I was young on and off and then Ambien later on. Finally, i went on a 7-month continuous Xanax "binge" last year. From what I've learned the previous benzo usage may be making coming off Xanax so difficult now.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as youre housebound this is a harder question to answer...

Distract distract distract...

I'd say go for walks, but well... any type of exercise you can manage will help but dont push it especially if youve been bedridden. Read if you can, draw if you can/like to, color. Puzzles. If you can focus, movies, rewatch ones you already know maybe? So you dont have to focus to much??

Stuff they'd make you do in the mental hospital is what I say, (honestly thats all there was to do in the ward, I got a good Dot to dot book that helps distract me)

I would go back on the benzos.  What is the point of all this suffering?

You said you had a paradoxical reaction and you had to stop. How can you go back if you have a paradoxical reaction? What was that paradoxical reaction?