Anxiety/setback/help

[To...]

I am currently in a setback and I’m haveing 24/7 anxiety and I’m freaking out bad,is anxiety this bad doing anything normal? Like even walking is major anxiety...I’m just really freaking out...could use anyone who has healed from a setback support...thank you

Well, I know that anxiety can certainly ramp up something awful. I used to wake up and jump out of bed, the anxiety was so bad. I ended up in the ER a number of times because of it. So, yes, it can be normal in benzo withdrawal.

I read your previous post. The stress plus doing the normal things you did probably threw you over the edge. It's not uncommon for that to happen. Take it easy during this time. You'll get back to your baseline. Jennifer Leigh, a woman who offers advice for benzo sufferers, had a similar reaction. She felt she was sufficiently healed and did a number of things, putting stress on herself. Along the way she got signals that she was doing too much, but then she returned to normal quickly (I think I'm getting this right), so she kept on going. She kept pushing, not realizing she was doing too much for her CNS to handle, and suffered a massive setback. She's done with it and all the wiser.

The problem is that we never know when we're completely out of the woods. We start to feel well and want to do all kinds of things. Then WHAM.

It sounds like you were just about healed, but not quite there. You'll get back there again! Who knows, this could be your last setback ever. Just have faith that you will be well again.

Terry thank you,the anxiety can just be so overwhelming and yes I was healed but maybe I’m thinking my brain has a tad bit more healing to do before my nervous system got shocked like that.

Thank you for the reply,it’s just so frustrating to feel  it like all over again.

All that chemical Anxiety,ect...it’s just that crushing fatigue back again after all the years of being on the healed side,and that fatigue is horrific,hopefully the nervous system fully recovers like it did my first time.

It WILL recover. You were there before and you'll be there again.

One thing I've learned in this process is to take things slow and easy. The body doesn't bounce back quickly. It would be great if it did, but usually there's a slow process of healing to go through. Just don't throw anything at it, trying to hurry the process, like pills or changing the way you eat. The body knows what to do and doesn't need any interference. Be patient. I know that's hard, but I've been very impatient with my body and in the process have made symptoms last much longer. I wish I hadn't been impatient, but what's done is done.

It's got to be such a switch, changing from almost healed to the state you're in now. What a difference!! But as I said, the body will repair itself and you'll be back on the road to wellness.

Hi Tommy,

I am in an anxiety set back as well. Plus my insomnia is back. I was good for 8 months and thought I was completely healed. I am trying to stay calm about it all but it is scary the crap out of me.

Looking for encouragment as well.

Wishing you calm days and sleepful nights.

Riversedge

Riverside ya it’s so tough to be healed and to go back into it,the crushing fatigue is all day everyday.

Do you get the crushing fatigue to? And it feels like the chemical anxiety gets worse as the fatigue gets worse,I was healed 100% so I know healing happens in this hell as long as it takes...but it’s just feeling it again ya know?

Hi-

I am having something very similar to you. I went through a Cold Turkey Withdrawal back in 2015. It was pretty horrific and I had about every symptom under the sun. It took about a year to heal and feel normal. So for the past three years I have been healed except for a few muscle twitches and some mild sleep issues (waking up a few times a night). Well on 1/4/19 I had a minor panic attack out of the blue in the evening. I hardly slept that night but woke up to that insane cortisol rush and extreme anxiety. From then on it's like I'm back in benzo withdrawal. I just could not believe it. I went to the ER thinking something was seriously wrong with me. All labs came back normal. It's been 3 friggin years, how can I feel so bad after being healed for three years. I have had a lot of stress in my life (death of a close fiend, then death of my beloved dog, then my mom's cancer diagnosis). So can these things cause me to have a setback? So now I have had insomnia sleeping a few hours a night, that terrible morning adrenaline rush that keeps going and going, extreme anxiety (where stupid things like doing laundry causes it), very high heart rate when I'm standing up or walking around (now I have to take a beta blocker), derelization, cog fog, gut issues, sensitivity to sound, and hard to watch TV, racing thoughts, mood swings. I haven't been on this board for years, never thought this would happen. You are not alone my friend. Hopefully we will both heal soon. What a nightmare!

@[ch...]

Like my skin is burning again it’s so annoying,what other symptoms are you getting chulacat ?

My setback started from a death that shocked my nervous system,but I never had this issue before.

I’ve only had a 1 month setback to antibiotics and that was it,but this setback is much severe.

Agrophobia is back full force,and my wakeing up mornings are so toxic.

• 2 weeks later...

Riversedge....I just woke up it feels like I over slept and woke up with that toxic anxiety and adrenaline feeling,I hate this....and my nausea is extreme,I hate how this can go on for awhile.

My first setback last year wasn’t near as bad as this one,but I’ve had way more panic attacks in this

Setback,so I think that’s why I’ve been in this setback longer,I’ve been in it since mid October..

But I think I would of been better without all these bad panic attacks.