can raised liver enzymes be caused from withdrawal

[oc...]

my liver enzymes were raised back in late october not a lot but some. I think it was the alt level it was a 68 and the norm goes to 48.

Then it was tested again in November and it was normal again.

It was tested last week and it came back that it was raised again my alt was 108 this my and the ast was raised to a 51 when a nornal range is 32 or something.

Now during this time I have come off a medicine that i have been on for over 30 years. I have been goign thru a lot of withdrawl.

Has anyone else had elevated liver enzymes as a WD symptom?

I have been a low/healthy weight, eaten healthy (except for holidays!) and taken low dose Valium. My bloodwork all last year was nuts- all over the place. Hyperthyroid then hypothyroid, no hormones, high inflammatory markers, ANA antibodies attacking my own tissue out of nowhere. I think my liver wasn’t as crazy but I can’t remember. I stopped worrying about it. No matter what I did, or which doctors I saw, it didn’t help. Just have to get off this stuff!! Good luck!

I appreciate you replying.

Yeah I'm going from one thing to the next as well. This stuff has me chasing my tail all the time. And like you said, doctors do more damage than they do good.

Well I will have it checked, hopefully its nothing.

Thnks

• 3 years later...

My liver numbers are currently high too since ceasing Clonazepam.

I feel you go to the doctors and they just prescribe another drug which leads to another problem!

It is never ending.