My time has come: healed from Klonopin at 8 months.

[9d...]

[9d...]

Hello, dear buddies!

It's been a while, but I'm back because I'm healed and I want to share my story. Those who shared theirs helped me throught the darkest of times, so may this text give you strenght, patience and hope. How I know I'm healed? Life comes back as if nothing happened, I can go through stressful situations and eat everything I want with no symptoms bothering me. In my case, the trauma of this benzo thing disturbed my healing process a bit, but it ended as well.

My story is very simple and very common:

1. Once as a fool young girl I thought that grief and worries were diseases. I thought I was weak. Some people were bad to me in the past and I didn't know how to deal with it. I was extreamly lost.

2. So I went to the psychologist. She told me after a few months that I was sick indeed. That was the begnning of everything. Since when grief is a disease?

3. As she asked me, I went to the psychiatrist. He gave me klonopin and one antidepressant, as he learned he had to. 1 mg of klonopin (I don't remember the AD's dose). Biggest unecessary mistake. I wasn't sick.

4. 6 months passed and I was still feeling ill in the soul, but this time I was getting worse and worse. I started hallucinating (never before), having muscle spasms (never before), having mini-seizures (never before), my personality changed in a disturbing way (never before). I lost my core, I didn't recongnized myself anymore and so did no one.

5. I realized it was all klonopin (the antidepressant I quit much earlier, with no much problems), because I started reading testimonies of the dangers and effects of this drug when used in long term. I read and heard people complain of the same symptoms I listed above. So I had to do something, klonoping was killing me.

6. For those faithful (please, if you don't have any faith or religion, I don't mean to offend anyone, skip this topic): I discovered God in the middle of the process, just a little after starting the medication. Once baptized, He gave me the grace and strenght to go through it. It was rough, but faith was bigger and this crazy love I feel for Him was stronger. So one day, staring at Jesus in the Cross, I sad yes: I will withdrawal and I will succeed. I assume that I'm not sick and I assume that all I had was insecurity and normal anger and grief.

7. So I started. I took klonopin for 1 year. Withdrawal lasted 4 months, it was weird but not unbearable. The dephts of hell showed up after withdrawal, and the symptoms lasted 8 months, 4 acute.

8. After the last drop, I had all the symptoms you guys write here on this forum, ALL of them. Including seizures. Including derealization. Including the itchy skin. Including hallucinations. Including insomnia. Just all, all of them, which I call acute. 4 months later, acute faded and I witnessed the most beautiful process: my core returning to me. My personality being born again and returning to my hands. My brain recovering and making me proud once again. My strenght coming back.

9. It was beautiful. It was painful. Worth every moment. I ended up traumatized by this process. You know, once you discover things like that, your life changes. People don't have a clue of this benzo reality, even doctors, yet I know a bunch of people that will go through it in the future, not so distant, and I fear for them, because it requires a lot of hope and strenght. But it ends. IT ENDS.

10. I recovered from the trauma and I am healed for about a month now. I drink all kinds of teas, I eat chocolate, milk and everything. I don't have any restrictions anymore. I go through stress normally, I worry, I laugh and cry, I sleep as a baby. I'm alive and better than ever, because not only my brain came back 100%, but because it came back and I am stronger and capable of tolarating much more difficulties than previously.

11. Advices:

- Don't drink alcohol, avoid sweets, avoid caffeine, avoid food that can hurt your stomach, it will suffer a lot.

- Trust the process and distract, even if it feels crazy and pointless. It will end.

- Don't read horror stories on this forum. People can do a lot of things combined with taking the benzo to aggravate their situation and don't tell us the truth.

- After a while educating yourself here, take all the knowledge you conquered and use it in your favor: through rationality you can wait this process come to and end.

- If you're traumatized: patience, it will pass.

- Don''t exercise if It makes tour symptoms worse. I now rum every Morningside with no problems.

- Find your ways to cooperate with the pains we all have to live with in this life.

12. I hope I didn't sound scary. We all know this process is everything but easy, but here you have help. It is sad though that we take madication to get better and end up in situations like this one. May the future doctors find better ways to help us, ways that don't hurt our souls. After this experience, you ahve to regain your confidence again. Trust yourself, you're very, very strong.

13. For those faithful (please, if you don't have any faith or religion, I don't mean to offend anyone, skip this topic): If you are scared because you can't see your faith or you can't find your love for God, please, don't give up! It all comes back after a while. I stumbled in this path, too, and thought my faith was hurt, but it is wasn't. Evil may try to use this situation against you, but it won't succeed. Trust God, trust His ways, He counts with our faults and He knows we're doing the beast we can. Nothing else matters.

I'm sorry for any typos.

May the Lord's peace be with you all.  big, big, huge THANK YOU.  :thumbsup:

Favoritesong.

Big congratulations on your story! I hope you continue to heal even more. Thanks for sharing, especially about your faith!

B strong ❤

Definitely a positive story, although it's evident that you've been through a lot!

So happy to hear you're now in a place that the fear and terror you once felt isn't even there anymore! Way to go!

• 2 weeks later...

Great story, thank you for sharing.

Question: what was your trauma like after you were mostly healed?  Did you do anything to help you recover from the trauma, or do we just need to wait that out too?  I'm also feeling much better, yet have trauma/anxiety which interferes with work and going out (leaving my apartment and neighborhood.)

Thank you!

Thank you so much for posting. It means so much to hear these successes while in the depths of withdrawal. Congratulations on your healing! :boxer:

Thank you Favoritesong,  a really heartfelt success story, I for one, really needed to hear today.

Mary ☮️💜🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• 3 weeks later...

Favoritesong,

Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on your success. I agree that having faith in this troubling time definitely helps.  Also, even though I have exercised most of my life, it has been a trigger for waves.  Good luck and hope things only get even better for you going forward.

• 4 months later...
Thanks for sharing. I'm healing at a pretty rapid rate myself, and look forward to MY month 8! It's nice to see stories about (relatively) rapid healing. I read a lot of these horror stories, and wonder if it's all a sham, that the other shoe is going to drop, and I'm going to end up bedridden like some of the others.

Hello, dear buddies!

It's been a while, but I'm back because I'm healed and I want to share my story. Those who shared theirs helped me throught the darkest of times, so may this text give you strenght, patience and hope. How I know I'm healed? Life comes back as if nothing happened, I can go through stressful situations and eat everything I want with no symptoms bothering me. In my case, the trauma of this benzo thing disturbed my healing process a bit, but it ended as well.

1. Once as a fool young girl I thought that grief and worries were diseases. I thought I was weak. Some people were bad to me in the past and I didn't know how to deal with it. I was extreamly lost.

2. So I went to the psychologist. She told me after a few months that I was sick indeed. That was the begnning of everything. Since when grief is a disease?

3. As she asked me, I went to the psychiatrist. He gave me klonopin and one antidepressant, as he learned he had to. 1 mg of klonopin (I don't remember the AD's dose). Biggest unecessary mistake. I wasn't sick.

4. 6 months passed and I was still feeling ill in the soul, but this time I was getting worse and worse. I started hallucinating (never before), having muscle spasms (never before), having mini-seizures (never before), my personality changed in a disturbing way (never before). I lost my core, I didn't recongnized myself anymore and so did no one.

5. I realized it was all klonopin (the antidepressant I quit much earlier, with no much problems), because I started reading testimonies of the dangers and effects of this drug when used in long term. I read and heard people complain of the same symptoms I listed above. So I had to do something, klonoping was killing me.

6. For those faithful (please, if you don't have any faith or religion, I don't mean to offend anyone, skip this topic): I discovered God in the middle of the process, just a little after starting the medication. Once baptized, He gave me the grace and strenght to go through it. It was rough, but faith was bigger and this crazy love I feel for Him was stronger. So one day, staring at Jesus in the Cross, I sad yes: I will withdrawal and I will succeed. I assume that I'm not sick and I assume that all I had was insecurity and normal anger and grief.

7. So I started. I took klonopin for 1 year. Withdrawal lasted 4 months, it was weird but not unbearable. The dephts of hell showed up after withdrawal, and the symptoms lasted 8 months, 4 acute.

8. After the last drop, I had all the symptoms you guys write here on this forum, ALL of them. Including seizures. Including derealization. Including the itchy skin. Including hallucinations. Including insomnia. Just all, all of them, which I call acute. 4 months later, acute faded and I witnessed the most beautiful process: my core returning to me. My personality being born again and returning to my hands. My brain recovering and making me proud once again. My strenght coming back.

9. It was beautiful. It was painful. Worth every moment. I ended up traumatized by this process. You know, once you discover things like that, your life changes. People don't have a clue of this benzo reality, even doctors, yet I know a bunch of people that will go through it in the future, not so distant, and I fear for them, because it requires a lot of hope and strenght. But it ends. IT ENDS.

10. I recovered from the trauma and I am healed for about a month now. I drink all kinds of teas, I eat chocolate, milk and everything. I don't have any restrictions anymore. I go through stress normally, I worry, I laugh and cry, I sleep as a baby. I'm alive and better than ever, because not only my brain came back 100%, but because it came back and I am stronger and capable of tolarating much more difficulties than previously.

11. Advices:

- Don't drink alcohol, avoid sweets, avoid caffeine, avoid food that can hurt your stomach, it will suffer a lot.

- Trust the process and distract, even if it feels crazy and pointless. It will end.

- Don't read horror stories on this forum. People can do a lot of things combined with taking the benzo to aggravate their situation and don't tell us the truth.

- After a while educating yourself here, take all the knowledge you conquered and use it in your favor: through rationality you can wait this process come to and end.

- Don''t exercise if It makes tour symptoms worse. I now rum every Morningside with no problems.

- Find your ways to cooperate with the pains we all have to live with in this life.

12. I hope I didn't sound scary. We all know this process is everything but easy, but here you have help. It is sad though that we take madication to get better and end up in situations like this one. May the future doctors find better ways to help us, ways that don't hurt our souls. After this experience, you ahve to regain your confidence again. Trust yourself, you're very, very strong.

13. For those faithful (please, if you don't have any faith or religion, I don't mean to offend anyone, skip this topic): If you are scared because you can't see your faith or you can't find your love for God, please, don't give up! It all comes back after a while. I stumbled in this path, too, and thought my faith was hurt, but it is wasn't. Evil may try to use this situation against you, but it won't succeed. Trust God, trust His ways, He counts with our faults and He knows we're doing the beast we can. Nothing else matters.

I'm sorry for any typos.

Favoritesong.

Well done indeed. Thanks for sharing. Great confidence booster

Hi Favoritesong,

Grief is most certainly not a disease, but a temporary condition, which any educated psychiatrist should know and act appropriately to it.

Anyway, apart from that, I felt exhiliration to hear such a successful story. HUGE CONGRATS!  :thumbsup: And 100 % recovered.

I'm glad you can drink, eat and sleep as you like. You were responsible (and, God might've helped ;), but it was all YOU.

Enjoy your life from now on wiser than ever, and don't ever trust medications without proper research or a second opinion!!!

I wish you good health,

BenzoMutant

• 2 months later...

Hello, dear buddies!

11. Advices:

I'm sorry for any typos.

Favoritesong.

Did you reply 100%?

Jerry, all but one of your "replies" to people's posts ask the same, single question, "Did you reply 100%?". You aren't getting any responses because I don't think people understand what you are asking. Do you mean "Did you heal 100%?"

Jerry, all but one of your "replies" to people's posts ask the same, single question, "Did you reply 100%?". You aren't getting any responses because I don't think people understand what you are asking. Do you mean "Did you heal 100%?"

Yes, I'm worried about permanent damage

• 1 month later...

Yes, I'm worried about permanent damage

Hi Jerry,

It is difficult for many of us to find our way around the forum at first. Let’s get you in the right place to ask questions about your symptoms and fears.

If you follow this link: Post-withdrawal Recovery Support and start a post for help and questions.  Choose ‘New Topic’ and you will be able to do this. 

I’ll also send you this information in a PM.

Challis  :)