Author Topic: Help please!!! Intrusive OCD thoughts and panic about thoughts!!  (Read 1199 times)

[Buddie]

Help please!!! Intrusive OCD thoughts and panic about thoughts!!
« on: December 31, 2018, 05:45:39 am »
I was watching a video and the guy made a comment something like "yu need to "think about your thoughts when upset like you're watching yourself" or whatever and my high anxiety took that way overboard and now I can't stop obsessing about every thought and it's driving me CRAZY!!! Anxiety soooooooo high!!! Losing it!!! Please help!!!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Help please!!! Intrusive OCD thoughts and panic about thoughts!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 07:43:08 am »
I was watching a video and the guy made a comment something like "yu need to "think about your thoughts when upset like you're watching yourself" or whatever and my high anxiety took that way overboard and now I can't stop obsessing about every thought and it's driving me CRAZY!!! Anxiety soooooooo high!!! Losing it!!! Please help!!!

Hi PG,

I think it's important to remember that these thoughts are being driven by the drug withdrawal. Your body is missing the enhancing effect that the benzo had on GABA, a calming neurotransmitter. The thoughts are temporary. Once your body adjusts to being without the drug, you will feel better, but it's just going to take time.

In the meantime, there are some things you can do to help yourself feel a bit better. Have you tried progressive muscle relaxation, meditation (there are some videos on youtube for this), or distracting yourself with something you find enjoyable? I find reading helps me, but you might try watching a movie or listening to a podcast. I also find exercise tends to calm things down quite a bit. It's hard to put much energy into being anxious or tense if you're tired from exercising. Also much easier to sleep :)

Anyway, hope you are feeling better soon. This is probably the toughest drug to withdraw from on the planet, so don't feel bad when you're having trouble.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 09:33:46 am »
Dont watch more triggering info until your mind come back.

I had ocd during one year. With several thoughts. The way how your thoughts are created by your brain is wrong. You cant do nothing. Just accept it is happening and dont be anxious about it. With time, everything come back.

DONT READ OCD WEBSITES. THEY WILL TRIGGER MORE THOUGHTS.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 10:13:50 pm »
Hi Pink! :smitten:
Below is a link to a site where an individual describes the anxious process and intrusive thoughts really welll. Anxiety goes up big time with this drugs during tolerance or withdrawal. Avoid stressful situations as much as you can and that includes movies contents. Hope it helps!
Regards!

https://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70514

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 08:42:55 am »
I've struggled with this on and off as well. Really good advice given here.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 10:48:57 pm »
This is the worst part of my taper!  Horrible thoughts about past mistakes, over and over again.  It makes me panic and my anxiety goes sky high.  Even if I forget about it for a while and I'm having fun, it's like there's a little person tapping my shoulder saying "Wait, don't have fun....you are a mess!" So frustrating.  Need some reassurance it will eventually go away.  It's making me crazy.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 12:48:27 am »
It does get better. I've improved so much compared to when I first jumped. It won't be that way forever. I've gone full days without having too many of those mental type of symptoms. I typically tend to get them worse at night, but I've had really mild days where I hardly noticed or only at night as I was alone and readying for bed.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 09:01:04 pm »
What you say reminds of how we can be great advice givers, voices of such calm truth to our friends and love dones, and then to ourselves we're like ahhhhhhhhh just a wreck lol. not to make light of it but the ole can give great advice but cant follow our own, which i think this withdrawal has tested that mantra to the absolute max.

to my friends im a jedi master, to myself im a total blathering mess sometimes :P

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 11:56:28 pm »
Don't allow yourself to hear those dark voices! They'll get the hint and leave after awhile.
Peace,
Ana

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 12:19:40 am »
These obsessive thoughts are a product of depression. Do something to take your mind off them, something that will improve your mood. Watch some YouTubes. Try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhO7wSAoQCI

If that helped, you can find more like that here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/JustSomeMotion/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid