Excellent MIA Article re Allen Frances CNN Interview How AD WD Can Trap People

[...]

Allen Frances and the Increasing Use of Antidepressants

Philip Hickey, PhD

October 30, 2018

On May 16, 2018, the prestigious and venerable psychiatrist Allen Frances, MD, gave an interview to Christiane Amanpour on CNN. You can see the video <a href="https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/05/17/amanpour-allen-frances-antidepressants-interview.cnn">here</a>. It’s titled How Antidepressant Withdrawal “Can Trap People.”

https://www.madinamerica.com/2018/10/allen-frances-increasing-use-antidepressants

If the article's too long, just skip to the comments.  It's great to see he's not fooling most people, the guy's truly a psycho, how he can sit there, Mr. Golden Haired Boy, with a straight face condemning others for everything he did himself for years and years and years and yet still won't come clean about any of it.  Scumbag!  I hope they'll turn up the pressure on him, he has some kind of hidden agenda for $ure, for $ure, as far as I'm concerned.

Allen Frances and the Increasing Use of Antidepressants

Philip Hickey, PhD

October 30, 2018

On May 16, 2018, the prestigious and venerable psychiatrist Allen Frances, MD, gave an interview to Christiane Amanpour on CNN. You can see the video <a href="https://edition.cnn.com/videos/tv/2018/05/17/amanpour-allen-frances-antidepressants-interview.cnn">here</a>. It’s titled How Antidepressant Withdrawal “Can Trap People.”

https://www.madinamerica.com/2018/10/allen-frances-increasing-use-antidepressants

If the article's too long, just skip to the comments.  It's great to see he's not fooling most people, the guy's truly a psycho, how he can sit there, Mr. Golden Haired Boy, with a straight face condemning others for everything he did himself for years and years and years and yet still won't come clean about any of it.  Scumbag!  I hope they'll turn up the pressure on him, he has some kind of hidden agenda for $ure, for $ure, as far as I'm concerned.

He is tweeting regularly about over-prescribing etc.  I follow him.

Does he ever happen to mention the over-prescribing of, um say, Risperdal, and how that came about?  Have you (or anyone else) tried confronting him on that via Twitter?  I can hardly bear to watch/listen to him, he's such a sleazy snake.  All his $$ earned from his book and speaking engagements, he should be reimbursing to all those millions of children whose lives he wrecked.  And he should be sitting in a jail cell.  Any other industry and the execs I'm sure would've been held individually accountable.  Ugh! 

:tickedoff:

Does he ever happen to mention the over-prescribing of, um say, Risperdal, and how that came about?  Have you (or anyone else) tried confronting him on that via Twitter?  I can hardly bear to watch/listen to him, he's such a sleazy snake.  All his $$ earned from his book and speaking engagements, he should be reimbursing to all those millions of children whose lives he wrecked.  And he should be sitting in a jail cell.  Any other industry and the execs I'm sure would've been held individually accountable.  Ugh! 

:tickedoff:

We do challenge him now and again about some of the things he says but we don't confront him exactly.  He is helping our cause in the UK as he tweets about over-prescribing of antidepressants whilst psychiatry in the UK says very little about it so we use his tweets to support what we are saying.  However, we do not trust him at all so under no illusions.

Thanks for sharing the article, abcd. I do not trust Allen Frances one bit due to his numerous conflicts of interest and a profit motive that goes against the well-being of many. I feel like using stronger words to describe him, but I am in hell today and will just leave it at that. I'd highly recommend thoroughly researching Mr. Frances' work to anybody who thinks about commencing psychiatric treatment. I think seeing all the cringe-inducing cognitive-dissonance on his part is key to understanding just how dangerous he is. One doesn't have to be against psychiatry to realize the errors of this man's ways. I'm pretty sure there are good doctors and psychiatrists out there who roll their eyes when they read about his work, as well. I do not have a feeling that he is universally liked.