Cross from Valium to klonopin?

[Ma...]

Crossing over to klonopin from Valium

Valium does nothing trying to get stable before I taper.i wentfrom 10 mg Valium twice a day to 1 mg klonopin twice a day

Will this be ok to just switch?

Valium makes me depressed

[04...]

It should be, and I'm assuming you won't be tapering until you're feeling stable on the K.

I switched V to K due to the V induced depression, over 2 weeks and feel I could have done it as a direct crossover.

If your post is correct, you've doubled your V to K dose. 20 mgs V = 1 mg K.

Hi thanks for your reply.

I went from 20 mg Valium to 2 mg Klonopin

I’m waiting for the crossover to hopefully stabilize me, so that I can start a long taper!

I’m so upset, this is my second time doing this!!! >:(Anyway, thanks for your support

From what I see it is 1mg K equals 15 mg V for a straqight conversion If you are calcualting for a croossover there is usually an additional 5mg V for a total of 20 But I always thought you added extra V because it is replkacing a short acting benzo in K and you needed some extra buffering. So I could be way off but couldnt you just crossover the straight equivalency for K which would be 1 and one third mg for the 20 mg of Valium?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can I hijack this thread to ask question?

I am in horrible taper off valium, which got on from klonopin.  So maybe now i want to go back, tho dr. just called in  ativan!  Anyhow need try something else, like orig. poster, I think.

Am on <3 valium.    About 2.8.....  but just horrendous.  Also on 10 ambien.

could I go valium to klon and how would i get such small amt of klon?

What about the ambien?  Most say get off valium then worry about tht.  One or two say ambien is creating the problem with the taper.  ?

thx and sorry if i was rude to ask on this thread.

Mary- this is too much klon! I hope it's not too late to drop some of that. 10 mg of Valium is equal to 0.5 mg Klonopin. You should be taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin twice daily to replace the valium. I am so concerned that you are digging yourself too big a hole to crawl out of!

Benzo equivalency chart : https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

I know there are some small discrepancies between these charts, but none of them suggest 1 k=10 v.

Barbara- you could technically switch back to Klonopin using 0.125 mg orally disintegrating tabs, then taper with either a scale and a lot of patience or a liquid approach. Your approximate current dose if we use the 0.5=10 approach would be 0.14 mg klonopin. I would recommend starting a bit higher if you do this, just in case, since all equivalency charts are full of edtimations, since it really is a bit of apples to oranges. I hope you find an answer that works for you. I know how you've been struggling.

It’s been 2 weeks since I made this increase

Do you think I could go back down to the Valium dose I was on, since it hasn’t been that long?Or cut the klonopin down 1 mg am .05 pm

Try to get down to 1 mg a day

Thanks

Since it has been 2 weeks you might not be able to drop it all at once, but I suspect you will be able to taper it down pretty quick, to get to a dose more closely equivalent to the dose of Valium you were on. How have you been feeling since switching? Did your doctor give you 1 mg tablets or 0.5 mg tablets? Did your doctor know you were planning to taper from the klonopin?

Mary- this is too much klon! I hope it's not too late to drop some of that. 10 mg of Valium is equal to 0.5 mg Klonopin. You should be taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin twice daily to replace the valium. I am so concerned that you are digging yourself too big a hole to crawl out of!

Benzo equivalency chart : https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

I know there are some small discrepancies between these charts, but none of them suggest 1 k=10 v.

Barbara- you could technically switch back to Klonopin using 0.125 mg orally disintegrating tabs, then taper with either a scale and a lot of patience or a liquid approach. Your approximate current dose if we use the 0.5=10 approach would be 0.14 mg klonopin. I would recommend starting a bit higher if you do this, just in case, since all equivalency charts are full of edtimations, since it really is a bit of apples to oranges. I hope you find an answer that works for you. I know

how you've been struggling.

Thanks, waves I just found this reply.  I am so bad at this site!  Guess it is my brain... sigh.

appreciate the reply.

From what I see it is 1mg K equals 15 mg V for a straqight conversion If you are calcualting for a croossover there is usually an additional 5mg V for a total of 20 But I always thought you added extra V because it is replkacing a short acting benzo in K and you needed some extra buffering. So I could be way off but couldnt you just crossover the straight equivalency for K which would be 1 and one third mg for the 20 mg of Valium?

K is short acting?? I always thought it was pretty long which is why some just taper directly off not going to valium.  ?  I may be wrong.