Vital Proteins- Collagen

[St...]

Anyone consume collagen? My hair is falling out. It’s supposed to help. However, it has amino acids in it. Just wondering! I’m trying to go paleo/keto to see if it helps. I can’t feel any worse than I do now!

I tried it as I have hypermobility syndrome and my hair if falling out as well as all skin gone loose etc.

I discovered collagen contains a lot of glutamate so not really sure.

Hey there.  I've been doing bone broth.  I have the same issue with hair (and weight loss).  It's just a natural food.  It helps.  But every time I cut, the hair loss kicks in again.  I have the saggy skin stuff going on too The bone broth seems to help the GI issues too.  I mean, we gotta eat something, right.  But the hair loss thing is scary.  Once I cleaned up the diet and started adding chicken bone broth regularly, the hair loss slowed, stopped to a 'normal' amount, and a lot of new fuzzy hairs started to show up.  I just tapered three days ago and I noticed a little extra fall.  Just a little.  Overall, it's definitely improved.  It's the tapers that ramp it up.  Probably from adrenal overdrive, adjusting to new dose.  (.125)

Welchie, yes. And I had a lot of hair too. Still do in a sense, but I had a lot more on top. Hard to gauge because I had chemo after my taper. When I had chemo that’s primarily where it thinned. Never lost all of it.

What I have a lot of is dry skin and thirst for H20 that is almost unquenchable. My skin was dry but nothing else but withdrawal could explain the ongoing level of dryness. Less collagen (elasticity,) too. Much less. Before chemo I had that and it wasn’t solely age or the cancer (I feel.) However, I feel those three things were all connected. Which is hard to say on here, but it’s the toxic feeling and the seriously unquenchable thirst that happened on bzds. This just got to insane levels after first (uneducated) rapid taper attempt.

I had a second and final rapid taper as per sig.

Sorry for the edits: it’s all intertwined in my emotions and mind  :-\  “toxic,” “thirst,” “dry skin,” “less elasticity,” “less collagen.”

The thirst went over to beyond extreme at the end of final r/t.

mon pilote    God bless you hun.  You're a double warrior.  You'll be in my prayers.  (Hope I don't offend).

I had the killer thirst thing too.  Drank water all day long and just seemed to be thirstier the more water I drank.  One thing that helped me with the dehydration was coconut water - with the caveat that I am not a doctor and it worked for me.  But because supplements are out, I started to think toward food.  My gut seems ok with it and it slaked the awful dehydration and thirst fairly noticeably.  I do about 4oz three times a day now, give or take.  Started out with one.  Seemed good.  Then bumped it up.  Don't dare to do too much of anything right now.

I am so so very happy for you that you got through your taper.  Hope everything else you're going through works out ok.  We are strong, stronger than we give ourselves credit for.  We are still here.  We'll get through it.  Believe.

Much love and compassion