Very high cortisone level

[Vi...]

I’m not sure how to lower my cortisone in my body. Feels like I’m in fights and flights mode non stop

Severe anxiety 30 months out.

How you lower your cortisone?

Vica

There are many supplements that can lower cortisol - seriphos, relora, holy basil, zinc etc.  Just do a google search ' supplements that lower cortisol'.

• 2 weeks later...
I found a Youtube video about an adrenal cocktail that is supposed to help lower cortisol levels. It contains orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tarter, and 1/4 teaspoon of Himalayan sea salt. It's worth a shot. I tried it once or twice but have not tried it consistently.

That sounds like an electrolyte replacement forumula, i.e. something that can be used if a person has diarrhea and is dehydrated. It has sodium, fluid and potassium, along with sugar (i.e. natural source sugar from the juice -- very sweet).

I don't know. I don't think it's the same mechanism, i.e. dehydration and high cortisol levels. If you can find the source where you saw that "adrenal cocktail", maybe it includes an explanation of how it supposedly works for that purpose. I wrote down the same recipe (which included some extra water and even a bit of sugar) for a "natural" homemade electrolyte replacement. I usually use store-bought Gastrolyte (it's very $$$).

I think deep breathing or exercise or some other anxiety-reducing activity might work better for high cortisol levels. It's the hormone that's produced during times of high-stress, so anything that counteracts that might work.

I’m not sure how to lower my cortisone in my body. Feels like I’m in fights and flights mode non stop

Severe anxiety 30 months out.

How you lower your cortisone?

Vica

Think about restoring your nervous system that's more important than cortisol.

I tested with extremely high cortisol levels when I was on Clonazepam and Elavil.  I was retested a year or two later, and my levels are now "perfect" according to my naturopath.  Guided meditation and visualization plus Chi Gong may have helped - but I think time was the greatest healer!