Mom wants me to go to the psyche ward...

[By...]

Another night of awful sleep, waking up with migraines, I took an extra .5 cause I haven't stabilized after reinstating my full dose on a different brand after 13 days.

I'm depressed and everything that comes with it, exhausted but can't sleep.

Mom thinks I need to go inpaitent...

But I know they'll throw things at me I can't have, or more benzos! I've been throw a whole bag of medications the past two years, settling on cymbalta and klonopin.

I was ok until my doc decided she wanted to try pristiq.

It made my heart race and made me grind my teeth so I switched back to cymbalta right as they changed my brand of K. I did a rapid taper down to .25 in a month and went psychotic.

Been on name brand for 2 weeks But still not sleeping right and wake up every morning with headaches.

I'm so beside myself but my mom and doc both think I should go inpaitent

I don't know what to do...

I'm officially diagnosed with mdd, gad with agoraphobia, ptsd and supposedly bipolar 2 but the bipolar dx was given after I had started k. I don't see many symptoms of it personally

Also fibromyalgia, celiac, raynauds and svt

so what dose are you on? inpatient ....as you can imagine, won't help you.

you need to stabilize and/or substitute as in ashton protocol via valium and then taper slowly.

so what dose are you on? inpatient ....as you can imagine, won't help you.

you need to stabilize and/or substitute as in ashton protocol via valium and then taper slowly.

I've been back up to 1mg for 2 weeks. Thinking of doing 1.5 like my doc suggested.

Doc won't switch to valium cause test shows I metabolize it too fast

I've been there 3x - horrible place to be, unless perhaps, you're schizophrenic IMO. Didn't do anything for my depression except made it worse. But that was me - I cannot speak for someone else.

I would personally stay away from being an in patient. All Psychiatrists want to do is to drug you more.  The teeth grinding and resulting headaches could well be related?

Can't stand this not sleeping well, its making all my other health issues even worse

Wrote out goodbye notes for my loved ones. But I'm scared to do this

I feel that psyche ward may be more appropriate for people who have a lot of heavy situational depression where depression is leading to suicidal actions, but depression is not prescription-drug induced or at least is not a result of being polydrugged with multiple medications affecting the CNS.

Chemical depression induced by benzodiazepines and psychiatric drugs is a different beast altogether, and I am not so convinced that psyche ward would actually help me in such cases. I am more concerned that they would make mistakes and give me wrong medications that would further destabilize me and would forget to give the essential medications I need.

Plus, I am not convinced it's really the best place for people with debilitating anxiety. It's scary enough going through this outpatient.

Can't stand this not sleeping well, its making all my other health issues even worse

Wrote out goodbye notes for my loved ones. But I'm scared to do this

I am really sorry. I think at this point it is best not to make any medication changes. Given time, your system will stabilize some more.

I think that what a lot of us here experience as "benzo withdrawal" is really severe central nervous system dysfunction/instability brought on by many medication changes, dose changes and all the traumas and collateral damage due to all of this.

Please consider holding at the dose where you are at. I think the sleep will slowly come back.

I agree with all the previous responses too and If anyone is actively suicidal they must go for help.  I don't want to detail here what happened to me in patient.  It would be too disturbing. Anyone can PM me for details on that.  All I can say is twice I admitted myself to hopefully get help coming off the Benzos when I was at my wits end.  I definitely did not receive the care I had hoped as no doctor to date that I have seen has the knowledge, skill, time. desire or compassion to get me off safely.  I agree with other BBs that for somebody with Bi-polar or schizophrenia maybe the psyche ward would be of some help.  And again if one is actively going to harm themself in any situation, there isn't much choice in the matter. As an inpatient my drug induced anxiety/depression was labelled as NEW anxiety and depression not caused by benzos and treated as such that the benzo withdrawal was not really considered.  The result was being over medicated and worsened anxiety/depression etc.....  In short, it was a complete disaster.  On the plus side, at least now I know.  Just know that you are not alone.  We all understand what each of us are going through.  That's the only thing that keeps me going. I often wish we had a drop in location somewhere that we could all have access to to give each other more personal moral support.  Sometimes reading and writing is just not enough.

Coming off of Cymbalta can be dicey as well. Many doctors don't know how to taper that either. I was able to come off it over several weeks, but it still sucked.

There is such a thing as a psychiatric advance directive. It may allow you to detail what reactions you have had to which drugs, which can guide treatment. I'm considering creating one to tell Drs, in case I am hospitalized, to not administer benzodiazepines.

As for sleep, I've had success with melatonin. Of course, I'm very drowsy the following day, but at least I slept.

So I did wind up going,...I was a danger to myself, I had 2 attempts so.

I didn't have a crazy bad experience tbh. Doc agreed to change my medicine back to effexor which I had been great on years ago.

My depression lifted while I was in (they were giving me mylan brand)

Given Gabapentin (which is only 200mg) and Trazadone.

But now that I'm home, after 4 days I'm feeling like I'm having withdrawals again.

Had to take myself off the traz, it was bothering my heart even more.

I am going to do outpaitent therapy, and will see the same psyche that I saw while I was in.

Tonight I'm going back on the solco brand and going up to 1.5, I cant take this anymore.

Solco brand had worked for me but noticed I was getting angry at everything after two months, maybe I was in tolerance?

I NEED to stabilize before I taper, I will be disabled if I taper like this.

I know I'll always be on psyche meds and I'm okay with that, the effexor helps with my fibromyalgia pain which is a major blessing, gabapentin helps me sleep a bit and can help stabilize my moods, I AM bipolar, so I know I need something

I met a girl in there who went off 2mg K cold turkey and was fine, I was really envious, I keep praying and asking why I'm not one of the lucky ones.....

Praying to hold on

My first reaction reading this last post is that you have been seriously polydrugged. Most of us were.

Some people are just super sensitive to benzos, and WD may be more difficult for them.

May I ask a couple questions? How old are you? Did you also use illegal drugs or drink alcohol? Knowing this will help me help you better. PM me if that is better for you.

Why do you say "you will; always be on psych drugs"??? What is your logic behind that?

How long ago were you diagnosed with Fibro? BEFORE you took benzos and psych meds?

I am a bit unclear of your timeline. Benzo WD can take months before one starts to feel better. Most psych rehab units keep people for anywhere from a week to a month. NOT long enough to get rid of Benzo WD stuff. So yes, it is VERY possible you are still in WD now.

I can tell you that you will be fine, but right now, you probably will not believe me. BWD can test your very soul. It has to be one of the most difficult things a human can ever go through - and still be alive.

Seriously, feel free to PM me.

east

My first reaction reading this last post is that you have been seriously polydrugged. Most of us were.

Some people are just super sensitive to benzos, and WD may be more difficult for them.

May I ask a couple questions? How old are you? Did you also use illegal drugs or drink alcohol? Knowing this will help me help you better. PM me if that is better for you.

Why do you say "you will; always be on psych drugs"??? What is your logic behind that?

How long ago were you diagnosed with Fibro? BEFORE you took benzos and psych meds?

I am a bit unclear of your timeline. Benzo WD can take months before one starts to feel better. Most psych rehab units keep people for anywhere from a week to a month. NOT long enough to get rid of Benzo WD stuff. So yes, it is VERY possible you are still in WD now.

I can tell you that you will be fine, but right now, you probably will not believe me. BWD can test your very soul. It has to be one of the most difficult things a human can ever go through - and still be alive.

Seriously, feel free to PM me.

east

How old are you? 34

Did you also use illegal drugs or drink alcohol? I cannot drink alcohol it makes me very ill, even before benzos, I smoked a bit after going off of effexor for the first time because my physical pain was horrible

Why do you say "you will; always be on psych drugs"??? What is your logic behind that? I have been depressed since I was 6, suicidal since 13. I have Depression, Bipolar, PTSD and GAD with agoraphobia, Therapy never helped me much. The effexor helped me get out and have a life and my suicidal thoughts were gone, I was taken off of it because my doctor misunderstood the genesight test, since it was in my 'red' category she said I needed to be off of it, I have since found out that this isnt necessarily true

How long ago were you diagnosed with Fibro? BEFORE you took benzos and psych meds? Yes, part of the reason I went on effexor was because of the Fibro, I've only been on benzos for about 2 - 2 1/2 years

I am a bit unclear of your timeline- I had a failed rapid taper of TEVA brand K in November, got very sick around thanksgiving, didnt realize what was happening and reinstated with name brand on the 14th of december. It hasn't worked the same, the brand they were giving me in the hospital actually worked better (it was mylan, even though its discontinued, I think the hospital had the last of it), after being home after 4 days WD effects seem to be happening again. I'm okay with going up to get stable, I can't work like this and I NEED to work, I can't lose my insurance. I needed to go into the hospital because I was a danger to myself and had active plans.

Plans are to go up, get stable, and then taper slowly. Quite sure I'm not in tolerance because TEVA worked amazingly for me, in fact I slept TOO much and prob couldve used LESS of that brand....

The main priority is to keep yourself safe, Byrjun. That's the main thing. Everything else will fall in place. You will find a stable dose of Klonopin that works for you and can taper when ready. It's still better to be on medications than dead.

The main priority is to keep yourself safe, Byrjun. That's the main thing. Everything else will fall in place. You will find a stable dose of Klonopin that works for you and can taper when ready. It's still better to be on medications than dead.

Thank you LFree... that means a whole lot.

I was very close twice... thankfully and sorry for her my mom found me once, the other I knew it was time to go to the hospital

Thank you LFree... that means a whole lot.

I was very close twice... thankfully and sorry for her my mom found me once, the other I knew it was time to go to the hospital

You are welcome.

That's the thing. It's true that withdrawal can cause all sorts of horrid thoughts, but also it's important to remember if you were in a place in life where things made some sense and you found some measure of success/peace/happiness/achievement and then found yourself in the thick of this, it can make the depression unbearable. I am so sorry.

Yes, I've had a similar experience - on Gaba, Effexor and off K, as well as 2 attempts. I was in the psych unit a few time - really didn't feel right for me, personally. So I would guess the Gaba helps a bit with the fribo as well. Yes, sounds like stabilization is your path - I did a rapid detox off K but would not advise that in most cases. May take a while to taper - whatever feels right to you. I've always found it necessary to avoid stress whilst dealing with Benzo w/d and remain calm and quiet - give yourself time you the brain to heal. Hope you get stabilized well enough set what rate of taper you can manage.

Yes, I've had a similar experience - on Gaba, Effexor and off K, as well as 2 attempts. I was in the psych unit a few time - really didn't feel right for me, personally. So I would guess the Gaba helps a bit with the fribo as well. Yes, sounds like stabilization is your path - I did a rapid detox off K but would not advise that in most cases. May take a while to taper - whatever feels right to you. I've always found it necessary to avoid stress whilst dealing with Benzo w/d and remain calm and quiet - give yourself time you the brain to heal. Hope you get stabilized well enough set what rate of taper you can manage.

Thank you catt!

I'm sorry you've had attempts too.

May I ask, when do you take your effexor? I used to take it at night when I took it awhile ago but they wanted me to take it in the morning. Now I'm taking around 2pm, trying to move it towards dinner time

Hope you are holding up, Byrjun. Things hit the fan here because all my cuts caught up with me in a really bad way, so I can definitely sympathize with what you are going through. I'm in a holding pattern because this has become too much to bear.

I hope you are doing ok. Sometimes life can be dealt with only 1 minute at a time.

I've also had an attempt in 2016, so I understand all too well. Stabilizing is the most important thing now. I am not tapering any further until these extreme thoughts subside a bit for me. It's too much to bear for me at the moment, so that's why I am holding.

Hope you are holding up, Byrjun. Things hit the fan here because all my cuts caught up with me in a really bad way, so I can definitely sympathize with what you are going through. I'm in a holding pattern because this has become too much to bear.

I hope you are doing ok. Sometimes life can be dealt with only 1 minute at a time.

I've also had an attempt in 2016, so I understand all too well. Stabilizing is the most important thing now. I am not tapering any further until these extreme thoughts subside a bit for me. It's too much to bear for me at the moment, so that's why I am holding.

Oh no! I hope you stabilize soon Lfree!!! It really is an awful feeling having those thoughts and I think the dp/Dr makes them somehow feel easier to accomplish (at least for me) like there were no consequences.

I had a bad day today, restarted an old drug for pain/ sleep and even though I was only off it for 2 weeks I think it's hitting me hard. Migraine most of the day, just wanted to sleep and just felt unwell. But it's also that 'special' monthly time AND I tried vaping CBD oil last night...so many things at play right now, we also had a snow storm (which flares my fibromyalgia)

• 4 weeks later...
NO, don't do inpatient, I did that twice and they poly drugged me to death. was so scary locked up with crazy people and an evil shrink. taper slow, u can do it

Byrjun, I hope you've been able to avoid the psych ward.  It's the absolute worst place for anyone in psych drug withdrawal as the people there have no clue what is wrong with you and only heap on more poisonous drugs.  I'm so sorry for your suffering.  Stay home regardless of how bad it gets....that's the safest place to be, unless you are truly and actually in the process of trying to take your own life.