Liquid Taper Update

[pu...]

I am having a hard time since getting from 0.75mg Jan 18, 2018 liquid taper from pharmacy down to 0.24mg

So I held for 8 days and never really felt great more exhausted than before so I decided to drop for a couples of days felt good on the first drop and on 2nd not great so now holding for a couple of still feel off very foggy headed, intrusive thoughts, anxiety. Don't know if I should have held longer so hard to know. Nothing seems to work right now wonder if its because it lower and mind and nerves are reacting. Any suggestions?

Purple

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [pu...]

• [wa...]

• [bu...]

• [Ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a hard time since getting from 0.75mg Jan 18, 2018 liquid taper from pharmacy down to 0.24mg

So I held for 8 days and never really felt great more exhausted than before so I decided to drop for a couples of days felt good on the first drop and on 2nd not great so now holding for a couple of still feel off very foggy headed, intrusive thoughts, anxiety. Don't know if I should have held longer so hard to know. Nothing seems to work right now wonder if its because it lower and mind and nerves are reacting. Any suggestions?

Purple

I would suggest that you slow down or hold until you stabilize.

Just from checking a taper calculator, you are right on track with a drop of 10% every 30 days:

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16705-tapering-calculator-at-reversepsychiatryorg/

http://reversepsychiatry.org/

Start: 0.75

Month 1: 0.675

Month 2: 0.6075

Month 3: 0.5468

Month 4: 0.4921

Month 5: 0.4429

Month 6: .3986

Month 7: 0.3587

Month 8: 0.3229

Month 9: 0.2906

Month 10: 0.2615

Month 11: 0.2354

You're about 11 months in so I'd say you are making good progress and it doesn't sound like you are going too fast.  :thumbsup:

This is just a guideline, however. This is a marathon, not a sprint. If you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms then you are going too fast.

Maybe think about holding at .24 MGs for a month and then see how you feel after that?

question when you hold do you have to recalculate the % from the last dose?

appreciate advice

thxs

The % should remain the same, but it will be applied to the current ("last") dose.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys haven't been on in a while and just want to update and get some suggestions on my continuing with my taper.

I have finally made it to 0.222mg from 0.75mg on me liquid tapering since Jan 18, 2018.  I have started dropping about 2.5% and then hold for about 7 days.  Have used this for the last 4 weeks and starting to feel it a bit should I slow down and hold longer?

Hi guys haven't been on in a while and just want to update and get some suggestions on my continuing with my taper.

I have finally made it to 0.222mg from 0.75mg on me liquid tapering since Jan 18, 2018. I have started dropping about 2.5% and then hold for about 7 days.  Have used this for the last 4 weeks and starting to feel it a bit should I slow down and hold longer?

Why not switch to a daily microtaper, instead of that cut&hold?

I was doing the micro daily and was finding it really hard which is why I switched things up as I get lower need to tweak.

I have done 2.5% about every 7 days since Dec 31, 2018 so that makes it 4 times so its about 10% within less than a month. 

Is holding a bad thing?

Thanks

Purple

My micro tapering schedule is I taper 3 times a days and so I drop 0.003mg/ml per day.  So what I have done is double up to taper 0.006mg/ml and then hold.  Do you think it would be easier on my system if I switched back to daily and then held on some days as I was doing?

Thanks

Purple

Everyone is different, but it seems that most people (including me) benefit from smaller cuts more often. So yes, I would think it might be beneficial to do that. :)

My micro tapering schedule is I taper 3 times a days and so I drop 0.003mg/ml per day.  So what I have done is double up to taper 0.006mg/ml and then hold.  Do you think it would be easier on my system if I switched back to daily and then held on some days as I was doing?

Thanks

Purple

I definitely think that it will be easier on your system doing smaller cuts.  I had to slow down at one point as my sxs flared up.  A couple months down the road I was able to increase my rate without issue, so your body's response can change over time.  Better to be slowly tapering than holding IMO.

Thank you guys I will try going back to dropping only 0.003mg/ml per every 2 days and see how that goes.  Have 0.21mg left to taper

Purple

My GP is demanding I taper at 10% a month even if it I have a horrific time with it.  He's so ignorant and refuses to listen.  Has anyone done a 10% a month and was able to get through it?

Yes I will try and hold to that schedule 0.003mg/ml per day as I dose 3 times but still will maybe only do it every 2nd day see how my body reacts.

Yes I have done 10% in about 3 weeks and not to bad lots of anxiety and foggy headed thinking.  What dose are you sitting at right now and how long on.  I started at 2mg 3 years ago and made it to 0.21mg left

Purple

Does anyone else get that anxiety and foggy headed scared feeling.  That is all part of the w/d correct and should subside as I get lower and then off.

Purple

Hey purple, just fyi, hope is taking valium. Her 10 MG is equivalent to 0.5 MG of clonazepam, so not as crazy as it sounds. :)

Those do sound like typical w/d symptoms to me. If they are difficult to manage, you can always slow down a bit.

Ops you are so right I forgot she was on valium thank you for pointing that out.  I have tried slowing it down not much slower I can go I always seem to feel better when I drop and then 2 days later feel off.  Which is why I am trying to drop every 2 days but only the 0.003mg/ml vs. the 0.006mg/ml  I just hate the mental w/d the anxiety is easier to deal with

Purple

10% every 2 weeks is kind of pushing it for most. You could remove 0.001 ml every day, this would be about 7% every 2 weeks for you right now, and if would be smooth since it is literally a daily microtater that way. :)

Yes I was doing that at the beginning and worked really well for about 2 1/2 months and then was hit really bad so been trying different tweaks.  Might go back like I said to 0.001mg/ml every 2 days and continue with that instead and see how that goes.

Purple

• 2 weeks later...

So I just completed a 17% drop and never realized I was that high and I got hit really bad so have been holding now for 6 days and starting to feel better should I continue with the hold for a few more days or even total of 14 days and then drop again.

Purple

Purple - listen to your body. I held at 3mg for 3 weeks and never felt "stable" so decided to just start my DLMT tomorrow and start going down again. It's different for everyone.

I agree with Waves - i would go slower for sure. I am cutting 5% every 15 days, so 10% a month - this means it will take me longer to taper but it will also mean a smoother step off as opposed to a jump. I am going to taper all the way down to 0...

Let us know what you decide to do - we have your back!