Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 3319 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Finally!
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 11:11:03 pm »
Your story is painful for me to read, because it echoes my own journey. But you wrote this very well and it will help others as they struggle through. The horrors of benzos and ADs just goes on. I will never take those drugs again, unless I am diagnosed with a terminal disease. And then I WOULD take benzos again but NOT ADs. They do more damage than good and don't help your mood a bit.

I went through a 5 year WD from those drugs. Even now I have some minor lingering stuff I attribute to WD. But I can live with this stuff. I am now so much healthier than I have been in about 20 years, and ALL of that is due to getting off psych drugs.

Thank you for sharing your story, your journey.
[...]

Hi [...],

I remember reading so many of your posts and also felt a kinship with you...maybe it's our age. Thank you for the kind words and I'm so very sorry it brought up pain for you. I think that's why it took so long for me to write it...sometimes revisiting all this brought back the pain as well. But I'm hoping it'll help more than it hurts...

Every time I think I'm done healing, I still witness more. It must be because the nervous system takes so long to heal. I pray you continue to get better and better...

God bless you,
Chari

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 11:17:14 pm »
Well done, my TT - ma Chari !

Thank you my TT -- mon ami, mi amigo, meine freunde...my sweet friend. We made it!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 11:24:55 pm »
Thank you for sharing your story! Congratulations on your success in overcoming and your new life.

Thank you. It looks like your journey has been a long, winding one as well...may the remainder be as quick and painless as possible. God bless.

Chari

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 11:48:48 pm »
Wow what a story!!  Thanks for sharing it. We are the same age actually and I have been off from CT of xanex coming in 10 months.. TONIGHT I was going to bite the bullet  and try a trazadone just so I can get a good [...] sleep. Just 1 for tonight, my brother has them.. I been scared to try one but tonight I was caving in... until I read your story. Now i Am back to being too scared to try one. 

I just want to sleep a full [...] and give my body the rest  it so desperately needs..

Think I am making the right decision. ?

Hi Jimmy,

I'm sorry I can't make recommendations to you about your care...those decisions are yours and your doctor's only. Unfortunately, there isn't one prescription for everyone, we all have to feel our way through.

But I will tell you, Trazodone only complicated my journey. Desperate for relief, just like you, I started taking it and 8 months later after learning about tolerance, withdrawal, and recovery wished I'd never touched the stuff.

You're very strong to have CT'd...I chose to taper because of work yet I really wanted to CT. You're the only one that feels your pain and so the only one that knows when you need something to help. Just don't beat yourself up if you suffer a misstep...that'll only make things worse, believe me.

Best wishes and God bless!

Chari

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 11:55:58 pm »
Hi Chari,

That was a great story and you're a great writer. I trust your insomnia will resolve itself, but if it doesn't, there are a couple good books I can recommend: Say Goodnight to Insomnia by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs or End The Insomnia Struggle by Alisha Brosse and Colleen Ehrnstrom (PhDs). They both take a CBT for insomnia approach and it works better than any darn pill ever would :)

Hope you enjoy the house you built  ;)

Thanks!

Hi Data Guy,

Thank you for braving the story...it took a long time to write. And thank you for the insomnia book recommendations, I'll definitely read them if need be as I've used CBT all my life...even before there was a name for it. :)

I love my house...thank you!

Chari

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 11:57:34 pm »
Thank you so much for sharing your story! Congratulations on making it to the other side! Enjoy it all.  :)

Hi [...],

Thank you for all your comments!

God bless you,
Chari

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 12:57:32 am »
Congrats on making it to the other side!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 05:28:27 pm »
Thank you [...]...I remember reading many of your posts. I hope you're doing well...

Chari

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 11:09:08 pm »
This is beautifully written. Thank you so very very very much for taking the time to write it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 07:39:29 pm »
This is beautifully written. Thank you so very very very much for taking the time to write it.

Thank you [...], for letting me know it helped you.

It was very cathartic for me, I finally feel past all of it.

God bless you,
Chari