Eggs in Withdrawal

[bo...]

For breakfast every day, I eat some scrambled eggs with a banana. Has anybody found that eating eggs hurts them more than helps them? At nine months out, I'm looking for anything to help with speeding up the healing process.

• 4 weeks later...
She don't bother me. Even Ashton said not to limit your diet, if your not noticing any problems then don't worry. Like for me I was getting bad anxiety after eating fruit for awhile so I stopped and gradually brought it back in

eggs are healthy and give you protein and vitamins etc.. Unless you experience anything seriously adverse keep eating them

it wont stop your recovery

shania

It's not the eggs.  The Banana has as much Sugar (a Stimulant) than a Candy Bar.  It's the banana.  Get all the sugar out of your diet as long as you are tapering off Valium.

I eat eggs every day.  I did when I was tapering off 20 mg with no sxs.  I just went too fast on my taper, but now I am stabilizing and I eat eggs every day.  No problems.  I also do not touch SUGARS.  I avoid them all, I read every label.  Blueberries are okay, very low glycemic.  Otherwise, most fruits are high in sugar.  Just look it up.

Benzos harm your adrenals and eggs help them to heal as well.

I think eggs are a good healthy breakfast and I have had them often with usually no problems.  Sometimes they give me a stomach ache, but also I think maybe I was just going to have a stomach ache no matter what I ate. 

Hopeforrecovery, not tapering off of anything. Been off Klonopin for ten months now.

Isn't the sugar that's in fruit naturally occurring so it shouldn't be an issue? I thought fruits were good in withdrawal.

I will keep eating eggs once in a while.

Boom Box,

Yes, it is natural but it is still a sugar which will still Stimulate your CNS. Again, you can eat low glycemic fruits such as blueberries and strawberries.  You can check out the low glycemic fruits online.

Bananas and Oranges are the very worst.  Loaded with sugar. 

I had hypoglycemia when I was 18 years old.  I am now 70 and I stopped eating sugar since then.  I had fruit BEFORE VALIUM.......but now, I cannot even have that until I am healed. 

If you get off the high sugar fruits, you'll see a big difference.  Wish you the best and CONGRATS on getting off this poison.  I envy you!!! 

It's not the eggs.  The Banana has as much Sugar (a Stimulant) than a Candy Bar.  It's the banana.  Get all the sugar out of your diet as long as you are tapering off Valium.

I eat eggs every day.  I did when I was tapering off 20 mg with no sxs.  I just went too fast on my taper, but now I am stabilizing and I eat eggs every day.  No problems.  I also do not touch SUGARS.  I avoid them all, I read every label.  Blueberries are okay, very low glycemic.  Otherwise, most fruits are high in sugar.  Just look it up.

Benzos harm your adrenals and eggs help them to heal as well.

Bananas are perfectly fine. They don’t “have as much sugar as a candy bar” either. The nutritional value between a banana and a candy bar are not even comparable. You’re talking to a person in benzo WD, not a diabetic. Stressing over everything you eat is a symptom in itself. There MAY be advantages in avoiding gluten, but that’s different for everyone and TBH it’s way over blown. Eat bananas bro.

T1D.

I did the research and Bananas are full of sugar.  It can stimulate the nervous system.  It is not about diabetes at all, this is about the CNS being over stimulated and Sugar is a stimulant.  And apparently he is having problems and we all know it is NOT EGGS.  EGGS are NOT a stimulant. 

And Sugar does stimulate my CNS and I am sensitive to it.  So when I removed these sugars, my CNS calmed down.  That is what he was talking about. 

And No, I do not have diabetes, never did, very healthy in this area and I am very thin.  Which happens to most ppl coming off these drugs.

Geez you got problems.

I couldn't eat eggs for well over a year after stopping Klonopin. Made my symptoms worse+gave me nausea and diarrhea. Now I can eat eggs once in 2 weeks or so.

I also had issues with bananas. I then learned that they have component that is a migraine trigger. I didn't eat any bananas for 18 months. Not at all, not even in anything cooked.

T1D.

I did the research and Bananas are full of sugar.  It can stimulate the nervous system.  It is not about diabetes at all, this is about the CNS being over stimulated and Sugar is a stimulant.  And apparently he is having problems and we all know it is NOT EGGS.  EGGS are NOT a stimulant. 

And Sugar does stimulate my CNS and I am sensitive to it.  So when I removed these sugars, my CNS calmed down.  That is what he was talking about. 

And No, I do not have diabetes, never did, very healthy in this area and I am very thin.  Which happens to most ppl coming off these drugs.

Geez you got problems.

I do have problems.  One that brightly sticks out is that I'm a type 1 diabetic and I have manually operated my endocrine system for 32 years.  Sugar can be stimulating, but more so it's the speed in which sugar is digested that is usually the problem - for those who have an issue with carbs/glucose anyway. For instance, honey, maple syrup, juice, candy... are all quickly digested - almost universally by everyone.  For me, I need to know what works fast for when my sugar goes low.  Banana's, for me, do not elevate my blood sugar as quickly as say an apple, pear, juice, syrup and many other things as it turns out. 

I know this quantitatively because I was moderately successful amateur boxer and I needed to know what works, and how fast it works, given the circumstances I may find myself in during a match in the event I needed to raise my BG quickly (1 minute in between rounds).

So in order to truly know what works for me, I did a glucose tolerance test with around 15 different foods/drinks that could potentially elevate my glucose.  I would test my glucose in the morning fasted, ingest said food, test 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours and track what my sugars where for each food.  I did this over months, a little maniacal but justified given the circumstance and situation.

That was my experience.  However I know several other diabetics, and a few nutrition coaches like myself who perform these same tests on themselves, as well as their clients, in the case that they feel the need to eliminate high glycemic foods.  To there amazement, the results actually varied very widely from person to person.  You might not believe this but it turns out that "everyone's different."    White rice for example would raise my glucose 15 points in a half hour but nearly 100 in 2 hours (all 50g carb portions) so the glycemic load was very high, but the glycemic index not so much.  However, for 2 of my clients, 50g of carbs raised their blood sugar 25 points in the first half hour and only 40 points at 1 hour, and back down to 10 points at 2 hours.  But no, tell me more about your research...

The point I'm trying to make is that everyone is different.  And adding more confusion to an already confused and F'd up topic like nutrition... to someone with an F'd up WD brain is the wrong direction.  I can literally site peer reviewed studies to strengthen any nutritional argument I feel like making... and find many articles all written by accomplished and prestigious individuals - all backed up by research - claiming vegan, carnivore, paleo, ketogenic, etc - is the best way to eat. 

The other thing you have to, or should, consider is some people can't afford to buy whole, organic, unprocessed foods... many have to rely on fast food or frankly whatever they can get their hands on, or afford.

The other thing you mentioned is that you are very thin, and people coming off these drugs are very thin (You're right.  I actually lost close to 20 pounds - not good - back up to 207 now though  :thumbsup:) yet your pushing to limit intake, especially carbs and fruits?  Inadvisable.

In hindsight I think I may have been a bit brash with my wording of my original post... I think partly, or mainly, because there is so much "you need to do this, or you need to eat this way in order to heal."  and it hit a button.  Maybe that or my daughter wouldn't put her shoes on for 20 mins this morning.. I dunno.  :o

Try and eat whole foods, exercise if you can, and rest/sleep as best as you can... and you'll heal eventually. 

ps: cut up bananas and almond butter is one of my favorite snacks  :smitten:

I am eating Complex Carbs.  And I am 70 years old and never had Diabetes.  Guess why?  I don't eat refined sugars that's why.

If a person is not on Benzos, then fruits are fine.  But if ppl are tapering off benzos, the smallest amount of sugars and yes, even in FRUIT can stimulate the CNS which is not what we need while we are suffering with a myriad of sxs.

So if that works for you, that's fine.  The person who was eating the banana did NOT HAVE DIABETES.  That person was having more excitability sxs and I told them it was not from EGGS which is isn't.  EGGS do not have sugar, Bananas do.

Your argument is that YOU have diabetes and have to have the Banana.  That is fine if that works for you.  The person who had the question DID NOT HAVE DIABETES, I was answering that person's question NOT YOURS.

GEEZ.

T1D.

Geez you got problems.

I do have problems.  One that brightly sticks out is that I'm a type 1 diabetic and I have manually operated my endocrine system for 32 years.  Sugar can be stimulating, but more so it's the speed in which sugar is digested that is usually the problem - for those who have an issue with carbs/glucose anyway. For instance, honey, maple syrup, juice, candy... are all quickly digested - almost universally by everyone.  For me, I need to know what works fast for when my sugar goes low.  Banana's, for me, do not elevate my blood sugar as quickly as say an apple, pear, juice, syrup and many other things as it turns out. 

I know this quantitatively because I was moderately successful amateur boxer and I needed to know what works, and how fast it works, given the circumstances I may find myself in during a match in the event I needed to raise my BG quickly (1 minute in between rounds).

So in order to truly know what works for me, I did a glucose tolerance test with around 15 different foods/drinks that could potentially elevate my glucose.  I would test my glucose in the morning fasted, ingest said food, test 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours and track what my sugars where for each food.  I did this over months, a little maniacal but justified given the circumstance and situation.

That was my experience.  However I know several other diabetics, and a few nutrition coaches like myself who perform these same tests on themselves, as well as their clients, in the case that they feel the need to eliminate high glycemic foods.  To there amazement, the results actually varied very widely from person to person.  You might not believe this but it turns out that "everyone's different."    White rice for example would raise my glucose 15 points in a half hour but nearly 100 in 2 hours (all 50g carb portions) so the glycemic load was very high, but the glycemic index not so much.  However, for 2 of my clients, 50g of carbs raised their blood sugar 25 points in the first half hour and only 40 points at 1 hour, and back down to 10 points at 2 hours.  But no, tell me more about your research...

The point I'm trying to make is that everyone is different.  And adding more confusion to an already confused and F'd up topic like nutrition... to someone with an F'd up WD brain is the wrong direction.  I can literally site peer reviewed studies to strengthen any nutritional argument I feel like making... and find many articles all written by accomplished and prestigious individuals - all backed up by research - claiming vegan, carnivore, paleo, ketogenic, etc - is the best way to eat. 

The other thing you have to, or should, consider is some people can't afford to buy whole, organic, unprocessed foods... many have to rely on fast food or frankly whatever they can get their hands on, or afford.

The other thing you mentioned is that you are very thin, and people coming off these drugs are very thin (You're right.  I actually lost close to 20 pounds - not good - back up to 207 now though  :thumbsup:) yet your pushing to limit intake, especially carbs and fruits?  Inadvisable.

In hindsight I think I may have been a bit brash with my wording of my original post... I think partly, or mainly, because there is so much "you need to do this, or you need to eat this way in order to heal."  and it hit a button.  Maybe that or my daughter wouldn't put her shoes on for 20 mins this morning.. I dunno.  :o

Try and eat whole foods, exercise if you can, and rest/sleep as best as you can... and you'll heal eventually. 

ps: cut up bananas and almond butter is one of my favorite snacks  :smitten:

Nice post and well written my friend. I learned a few things here.

• 1 month later...

Bananas and egg whites have something called histamine which tends to revv up symptoms for people in withdrawal

Here we go...

[d8...]

Hopeforrecovery, not tapering off of anything. Been off Klonopin for ten months now.

Isn't the sugar that's in fruit naturally occurring so it shouldn't be an issue? I thought fruits were good in withdrawal.

I will keep eating eggs once in a while.

Fruit sugar is still sugar and it doesn’t take much excess to be really bad. I eat keto and limit sugars to veggies and some berries here and there.

My personal hot take on food...

I was badly revved up in the beginning by processed sugar, MSG and spice so I tried to limit a little bit, but unless you really have food intolerance or allergy it’s part of the WD deal to feel some discomfort when eating or digesting.

It won’t kill you and it usually fades within 1 hour or so. If you try to go after and check every little component in food to know what revs you up or not it can become a new anxiety problem. I also think that slowly habituate yourself to all type of food can reinforce your CNS and mind.

At almost 7 months off I’m reintroducing food and some sweets, with moderation, it’s part of feeling normal again to eat the food that you like and don’t feel ashamed about it.