Author Topic: Eggs in Withdrawal  (Read 1298 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Eggs in Withdrawal
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 09:55:22 pm »
I've looked at the low histamine diet and it seems you basically can't eat anything in it.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 11:43:32 pm »
Bananas and egg whites have something called histamine which tends to revv up symptoms for people in withdrawal

Here we go...
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 11:48:27 pm »
[...], not tapering off of anything. Been off Klonopin for ten months now.

Isn't the sugar that's in fruit naturally occurring so it shouldn't be an issue? I thought fruits were good in withdrawal.

I will keep eating eggs once in a while.

Fruit sugar is still sugar and it doesnít take much excess to be really bad. I eat keto and limit sugars to veggies and some berries here and there.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 11:56:39 pm »
I usually eat a banana and orange every day. Sometimes I throw in an apple. That's about it for fruits.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2019, 12:25:53 am »
My personal hot take on food...
I was badly revved up in the beginning by processed sugar, MSG and spice so I tried to limit a little bit, but unless you really have food intolerance or allergy itís part of the WD deal to feel some discomfort when eating or digesting.
It wonít kill you and it usually fades within 1 hour or so. If you try to go after and check every little component in food to know what revs you up or not it can become a new anxiety problem. I also think that slowly habituate yourself to all type of food can reinforce your CNS and mind.
At almost 7 months off Iím reintroducing food and some sweets, with moderation, itís part of feeling normal again to eat the food that you like and donít feel ashamed about it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2019, 12:32:41 am »
I agree with you [...]. I don't like overthinking every little thing I eat. It just makes me have more anxiety. Many of the diets, particularly the low histamine diet, is really hard to abide by. You can eat like ten things. I tried if for about a week this summer and couldn't take it because it was making me feel worse.

I still eat fast food like once a week and I notice no difference in symptoms getting better or worse. I'm sure if I ate it every day, I probably would. But it makes me feel good to eat what I actually want every one in a while.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2019, 12:34:54 am »
If you try to go after and check every little component in food to know what revs you up or not it can become a new anxiety problem.

👆👍

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 02:36:05 pm »
Thanks [...], yours is a very informative and interesting read.
Keep posting!