Wellbutrin 150xl

[bl...]

I found that Wellbutrin did not help my depression, and exacerbated my anxiety during withdrawal to such an extent that I had to taper off of it during my Valium taper. Some respond better, of course. Good luck!

Gwinna

Thanks for your reply I’ve tried it for five days now and for some reason today as I’m anxious could just be me but it sure helped me calm down now I’ve been off benzos for nine months now I don’t know if that makes a difference how long you’re off the benzo’s but Wellbutrin mild antidepressant take time to work

You're welcome! I would just monitor benefits and side effects so that you continue to make an informed choice. If the anxiety persists or your depression doesn't lift after a little while (or if it returns) you can always discontinue. I think it probably does matter how long we've been off benzos - so much is changing in our brains while we're still healing, after all. I hope you find some relief soon!

Gwinna

looking for more comments from people that have been  on Wellbutrin  it seems to be helping me but today I’m having a bad day I’ve been at it since the 18th of this month

I was on Wellbutrin for about 7 years, and it really helped a lot with my depression issues.  As far as anti-depressants go, it worked for me because it didn't have some of the annoying side effects of SSRI/SSNIs.  However, it exacerbated my anxiety, which is why I went

off of it and transitioned to Zoloft.  It's also not great for people who are predisposed to seizures, as it has a reputation for lowering the seizure threshold to dangerous levels.  I didn't have this problem, but I know a lot of people who had seizures on it.  Overall, though, I thought it was great for depression, not for anxiety.

I've been through tons of ADs, mood stabilizers and antipsychotics. Wellbutrin worked for me but made me a huge b***h. Had to get off it.

Everyone is different, I have a friend that it works great for, it also works very well for my sister

I don't know why they would write well butrin for any 1 with anxiety.  Depression....could help, anxiety....only see it making problem worse. I didn't like it it at all for anxiety, its stimulating so does the exact opposite of what is needed.