Author Topic: I Feel HAPPY and WELL!  (Read 3002 times)

[Buddie]

Re: I Feel HAPPY and WELL!
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 11:29:59 pm »
HG, your story is just wonderful and should give hope to many out there. Your thread is terrific with people chiming in who seem somewhat similar to you - and me. My garden is important to me and I do grow herbs. Basil, oregano, mint and rosemary. Just smelling their leaves lifts my mood.

From what I have learned, benzos affect the fear center of your brain the most. The amygdala controls fear (anxiety). When you go off benzos that tiny part of your brain goes haywire for a while. My worst symptom was fear (intense and lasted a very long time) and anxiety. Once your brain starts to heal, those things slowly drop away, revealing the true you, NOT on benzos. If you had "issues" before, they wont be fixed, but your brain wont be addled by benzos now and you will be better able to work on those issues.

All the cognitive issues described below will get better in time. Your brain just needs enough time to heal itself. All the tasks you mentioned will slowly become easier. Benzo WD is truly a huge challenge for some people, and I am truly glad toknow you all here. Knowing people on BB is what kept me going, and still does!
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2019, 06:16:31 pm »
[...],

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.  Glad you were able to enjoy Christmas this time around.  And I can relate to your take on how it gets hared to stay hopeful when you are in a dark place.  Thankfully, we all get to come out on the brighter side one at a time, it seems.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 02:32:42 pm »
[...],

You said that in the fall you had to take antibiotics four times.  Do you mind sharing what AB's you had?