Author Topic: I Feel HAPPY and WELL!  (Read 2867 times)

[Buddie]

I Feel HAPPY and WELL!
« on: December 22, 2018, 04:59:49 pm »
Two Christmases ago, I was in desperate straits and scared, trying to trust the stories by those who had withdrawn benzos and said they felt great, that healing comes.  It was not hope for then I could not feel hope - and I had many horrific symptoms. And went through this alone, without spouse or family (or too-busy friends).

This Christmas I feel HAPPY and WELL.  And get this: I feel happy and well despite having had EColi this fall requiring four courses of antibiotics - and the stomach flu last week (to be clear I did not feel happy and well while in the midst of those).  This is not a window, it is consistent - the windows were like prophecies of what later would come and be consistent.  I feel really truly happy, I can smile from the inside out, laugh, feel more patience, awe and the beauty of Christmas lights, and feel love.  I feel well, not perfect health but ok.  Best, I WANT / DESIRE to do things again I haven't done for many years, to bake gingerbread for instance, there is the desire, the follow through, pleasure in it.  I was able to plant a bit of garlic in the (previously neglected) garden.  I can REST, lie on the sofa and feel PEACEFUL.  And all these are joys for which I can feel THANKFUL - I could not feel thankful before.   My Christian spiritual life is good.   Memories and things I used to know are popping up into my conscious.

It is not over, the healing is not 100% yet.  But now living towards healing is not 'enduring'  I still have symptoms, cognitive issues / ditsy, some irritability and etc. but the sxs are much less and keep lessening.  For instance I cannot deep clean and sort my bedroom or my files yet, sometimes I can get overly mad inappropriately at a clerk or etc.  And I feel some dread at some tasks but there are no more terrors, doom, despair or ideations.  Depression very little.  There are no more weird sxs like stinging hands or rattling teeth.  If I eat some sugar or sip some wine I'm fine, but if excess I feel it.

Now I also am becoming increasingly aware what being on the benzo was doing to me, that I had no idea how much it was blunting me, suppressing my immune and other systems, making me ill and fatigued, stealing my pleasures, stealing my very life - and my will. 

Somebuddy on here, a link is in one of my posts, said something like at _ months "the miracle began to unfold".  That is this EXACTLY!  It was a walk in hell that now feels like I am walking a progressive MIRACLE. 

KEEP GOING BUDDIES!  There are no pills to get off pills.  You will not believe how good you are going to feel!  Everyone is different in how long it takes, but for all it is a matter of time.  But what the Buddies said was all the truth, you WILL feel WELL and HAPPY.  Thanks be to God for getting me off those pills. 

Life has seasons when Christmas is not 'merry'.   I wish you A Christmas of His Comfort and Peace,
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: I Feel HAPPY and WELL!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 05:12:39 pm »
Congratulations on your healing. I see from you details that you suffer from hashimoto;s and take t3.  I have hashi's as well. Were you able to tolerate the t3 OK.  Did you suffer from severe fatigue at some point after you jumped?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 05:21:07 pm »
Yes, [...], All along I take / took bioidentical T3 and tolerate it fine.  And 100 mg of progesterone tolerated fine, but the sustained release type triggered sxs.  I also now take a tiny amount of LDN which also improves me.  My doctors are Holtorf Medical in CA.  They are excellent.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 05:23:50 pm »
Thank you [...], I wish you a happy Christmas to!
I'm happy to hear about your healing :) I feel something similar. It's it great when you discover that your "true self" might be better than you suspected?

Now I also am becoming increasingly aware what being on the benzo was doing to me, that I had no idea how much it was blunting me, suppressing my immune and other systems, making me ill and fatigued, stealing my pleasures, stealing my very life - and my will. 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 05:58:30 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 05:30:14 pm »
Congratulations, HerbGardener. Thanks for [...] back and posting this so close to Christmas. Would you mind explaining how the depression and ideations went away? Was it very gradual?

Also, were you suffering any other intrusive thoughts throughout the process that you didn't have before? Did they go away? Thank you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 05:36:22 pm »
So happy for you, HerbGardener!  Thank you so much for your story; I really needed it today; it gives me so much hope!!  Merry Christmas and the happiest new year in a long time!!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 05:42:47 pm »
So happy for you! It takes much longer than we hoped but the miracle slowly unfolds!

Enjoy your well deserved health,

[...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 05:57:41 pm »
Thank you, HerbGardener, for your beautiful post just in time for solstice and Christmas! I've been feeling so heartbroken at the thought of yet another Christmas spent struggling. You've brought comfort and peace by reminding us of the truth...that miracles, magic, and Light are reborn ✨ - even after the darkest times.

Wishing you joy and wellness always.

With gratitude,
Lara
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:47:32 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 06:00:40 pm »
Congratulations and enjoy the holidays!! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 01:34:21 am »
Thank you so much for this uplifting, encouraging heartwarming post!! I jumped Aug. 2016 so I'm right in the same time frame you are. Not quite there yet so this is so incredibly encouraging to me. Also, thank you very much for including the fact that you took 100mg of Progesterone. This is controversial as I'm sure you know and I have taken Prometrium for most of my withdrawal but it's so hard getting answers on this so I've always wondered. I have been reassured many times from different sources (functional medicine doctor included - a very good one) that it should not be a problem but I've wondered because it's hard to get a clear answer. So thank you!

I am so HAPPY for you! Well done!