Petition to UK Govt nominating Prof Heather Ashton to be recognised by Queen

[lo...]

I very much hope that many people here will sign this petition.  I am sure many of us would like to see Prof Heather Ashton honoured by the Queen in recognition of her work for the victims of benzodiazepines. 

https://www.change.org/p/the-honours-and-appointment-secretariat-professor-heather-ashton-the-true-angel-of-the-north-to-be-honoured-by-the-uk-government

Thank you very much in advance.

Fiona  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hope everyone will sign this.

I do hope so, without her I dread to think where we would be, so few doctors recognise the need for safe tapering. 

By Barry:

Professor Chrystal Heather Ashton.

A call to the World Benzo Community.

Sir Michael Rawlins has just emailed me to say that at least 12 to 15 letters of support for Heather's nomination is vital to bring success for her Honours award.

I would be very grateful if as many of our community will write in to back up my nomination.

The postal address is as follows :

Honours and Appointments Secretariat,

Cabinet Office,

Room G39,

1 Horse Guards Road,

London.

SW1A 2HQ.

Let's have the postperson staggering under the weight of letters to support Heather.

Thank you,

Barry.

By Barry:

Professor Chrystal Heather Ashton.

A call to the World Benzo Community.

Sir Michael Rawlins has just emailed me to say that at least 12 to 15 letters of support for Heather's nomination is vital to bring success for her Honours award.

I would be very grateful if as many of our community will write in to back up my nomination.

The postal address is as follows :

Honours and Appointments Secretariat,

Cabinet Office,

Room G39,

1 Horse Guards Road,

London.

SW1A 2HQ.

Let's have the postperson staggering under the weight of letters to support Heather.

Thank you,

Barry.

Thanks for adding that.  I must write a letter too. 

Oh, that would be wonderful, Fiona!! Thank you for posting this!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It surely would be. Heather Ashton's family is very supportive of this as you would imagine.  I think the benzo community should do everything possible so that she can be publicly recognised for what she has done.

We have over 200 signatures .. keep them coming ... give Heather Ashton something to really celebrate next year.

I think she will be 90 years old.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If she is formally honoured by the Queen does this mean that doctors will finally recognise BWD?

Thankyou LF for posting this link.

I do hope so though it is recognised in the UK already by many doctors.

• 2 weeks later...
Please more signatures ... Prof Ashton deserves some recognition for the many people helped by her work on benzodiazepine withdrawal.

• 2 weeks later...

We now have 670 signatures, thanks to anyone who has already signed .. please keep signing.

This is a message from Barry Haslam who had campaigned on benzo issues for over 30 years in the UK.

The Cabinet Office have confirmed receipt of my submitted nomination of Heather for future Honours. There is a back log of claimants and i pointed out that Heather is in poor health, so could they push the nomination, for a quicker turn around rather than the 12 to 18 months usually quoted.

The Cabinet Secretary has been prompted by my letter as such and it will be considered for early perusal / decision making.

My goal would be that Heather is included in the Queen's Birthday listing in June 2019.

Fingers crossed and i will keep everyone in the loop with developments.

Thank you

Barry Haslam

Fiona . Am I not right in thinking that the Queen has had problems with withdrawals in her own family ? . I read that the Duchess of Kent has had over many years severe issues with depression and prescribed meds .

Our beloved Dr Ashton is certainly worthy of recognition .

Fiona . Am I not right in thinking that the Queen has had problems with withdrawals in her own family ? . I read that the Duchess of Kent has had over many years severe issues with depression and prescribed meds .

Our beloved Dr Ashton is certainly worthy of recognition .

I am not so sure about the Duchess of Kent but googled it and see she had a stillbirth followed by depression.  Princess Diana certainly had mental health issues and I believe was on medication but not too sure about that either.

Over 700 signatures now .. I have sent off my letter of support today to the

Honours and Appointments Secretariat

Cabinet Office

Room G39

1 Horse Guards Road

London

SW1A 2HQ

I hope others might like to do likewise.