Author Topic: Medication Induced Setback Support  (Read 10448 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Medication Induced Setback Support
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2018, 06:41:08 pm »
Merry Christmas Guys!

I wish everyone healing and happiness!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2018, 08:22:29 pm »
Thanks!

Merry Christmas every one!

The next one will be [...].

:smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2018, 07:49:42 am »
Hi how is everyone doing?

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2018, 07:50:36 am »

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2018, 10:16:29 am »
Hi guys......omg i made it, i did it! i have survived xmas and actually enjoyed some of it!! the 6 hour trip there wasn't too good as i was coming out of a wave, but once i got there i was ok, had a lovely seafood picnic on the beach with my son and his now fiance (he got engaged last weekend!). Then came the BIG xmas day at his in laws place, thank god i didn't have a toxic wake up so just relaxed on the balcony of our holiday rental overlooking the ocean until it was time to go.....omg there was so much food!! i had a bit of a panic come on but managed to breathe it away and my son had made me a non alcoholic punch and i managed to avoid the sugary desserts.....and i didn't get any adrenaline surges in the night which was a miracle...

today had to go to another lunch before the 6 hour trip back home, bit of a toxic wake up but it passed off, got through lunch in a VERY busy restaurant without any panic and the drive home was ok .....

arrived home to 44C heat, omg.....but i'm so proud of myself that i did all that, i know i'll probably get slammed again but the past 3 days have given me some hope that maybe this horrible setback may be starting to really ease up

Hope you've all had an ok or [...] xmas

SS x

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2018, 11:23:29 am »
SS,
That IS great to hear... Im worn out just reading...!!
If you need to rest some days, thats kinda normal.. -Dont be disheartened..
Job well done..!!
:)

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2018, 01:12:29 pm »
Hi guys......omg i made it, i did it! i have survived xmas and actually enjoyed some of it!! the 6 hour trip there wasn't too good as i was coming out of a wave, but once i got there i was ok, had a lovely seafood picnic on the beach with my son and his now fiance (he got engaged last weekend!). Then came the BIG xmas day at his in laws place, thank god i didn't have a toxic wake up so just relaxed on the balcony of our holiday rental overlooking the ocean until it was time to go.....omg there was so much food!! i had a bit of a panic come on but managed to breathe it away and my son had made me a non alcoholic punch and i managed to avoid the sugary desserts.....and i didn't get any adrenaline surges in the night which was a miracle...

today had to go to another lunch before the 6 hour trip back home, bit of a toxic wake up but it passed off, got through lunch in a VERY busy restaurant without any panic and the drive home was ok .....

arrived home to 44C heat, omg.....but i'm so proud of myself that i did all that, i know i'll probably get slammed again but the past 3 days have given me some hope that maybe this horrible setback may be starting to really ease up

Hope you've all had an ok or [...] xmas

SS x

Hey Guys!

SS, that is so great to hear!! I am so glad you were able to enjoy the holiday with your family. Good job avoiding the sweets!!

I had a window open up on Christmas Eve and was able to get through one of our family dinners without much issue. The mornings are always crappy, but it subsided. Same on Christmas day. Crappy morning, but it got [...] as the day progressed. Until I ate a bunch of chickpeas and the brain fog came back hardcore. This morning I'm kinda blah as to be expected but hoping it will lift soon.

How are you doing [...]?

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2018, 02:57:07 pm »
Just found out my kids have strep throat.
I am terrified I'm going to catch it.

And devastated that I can't cuddle them.

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2018, 04:29:54 pm »
Iím glad you guys got through Xmas! I was thinking of you all.

[...]- you sound like youíre doing really well. Iím glad you got through everything even if feeling blah. Iím sorry about the strep. Iíd be like 🙅🏻‍♀️. Iím so scared of getting sick in this condition. Maybe try to eat foods high in vitamin c to keep your immune system strong & no sharing drinking cups & stuff for now.

SS- Iím glad you got to enjoy your trip. Congrats on your sons engagement! I avoided all sweets as well even though I really wanted some I was too scared it would make me feel worse. I forget you are in AU and itís summer there. That heat sounds too hot for me! We are getting supplies for a 2 day blizzard that starts in a couple hours. Supposed to get a 12+ inches of snow & lots of wind.

Hope you are doing ok [...] & [...].

I did it too! Somehow. Christmas Eve I went to a packed church service. Constant panic & intrusives  but got through it. I also had the worst burning nerve pain on my scalp during the whole service which was all I could really focus on. It felt like a hot iron on my scalp! & I swear every single person was wearing perfume & cologne. Had dizziness, jelly legs, etc... the whole panic package. Then went to my familyís dinner/presents thing and didnít get home til 1 am. I did ok with worse moments, but had symptoms in the background for the most part. Overall it was a [...] day.

Christmas Day didnít got so hot for me. Woke pretty anxious because this was my fiancťís side of the family and itís also more than an hour away. Once we got there I was in a constant panic attack. Then more people kept coming (I thought it would be just a small gathering) & I kept getting all the anxious thoughts. It would lighten up for a bit then come right back. I made it through but it took the whole way home with panic & tears to decompress from the days stress. Got home late last night & slowly felt [...]. I woke early this morning and wasnít able to fall back asleep. Iím just exhausted. So much constant anxiety.

I know I couldnít have done any of this even a month ago. Even though it was all really hard, I proved a lot to myself. & I know it meant a lot to my family and fiancť that I was there.

But at almost 4 months out from this setback I find myself wondering... how much longer? When will this get easier? Am I doomed forever? Hopeless thoughts Etc etc.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 05:13:18 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2018, 10:50:34 pm »
Hi everyone

Oh [...] i'm so sorry your girls have strep throat, it's not just the anxiety about them having it but also the horrible anxiety that you might catch it, i am terrified of getting any illness in this state. Sounds as though you managed Christmas ok though

Waiting, you need a medal for going to a packed church service filled with perfume and cologne, and then to go on and do a family dinner/presents thing, well i take my hat off to you, so well done, i know xmas day wasn't so good sx wise but you did it! you made it through! so proud of you! Wow!!

Like you i am wondering when this will ever end, last night i woke up with adrenaline surges so i knew the window was closing, this morning i feel terrible, tingling feet, soooo fatigued, benzo flu, shivering attacks, buzzing feeling, background anxiety, crying spells, all the horrible stuff, but i am grateful that i managed to have that bit of a window over xmas, i definitely couldn't have done it a month ago either so i guess that's some improvement, but i'm always scared some really big whammy of a wave is going to hit and swamp me, i read so many stories of people having good windows and then getting slammed back into acute at 18 months out etc, i think it's a lying on the couch day for me today with the air con on and the fan heater, this heat we are getting is 10C above normal, it is predicted for the next 7 days, i would love a blizzard right now!

[...], any tips to survive this heat? from one cobber to another?! Hope you had a good xmas, or a good one of sorts at any rate

My husband bought me a puppy for xmas (big surprise), very cute but i'm not sure it's a fantastic idea, (a new dress would have been quite enough!), he said he thought looking after it would help with my wd, i suppose he couldn't find the shop that sold new brains...we pick it up in a few days, i think my cat will be horrified, too blah today to even think about naming the little thing

Hope you're going ok [...]

Just keeping on keeping on
SS x