Author Topic: Medication Induced Setback Support  (Read 8054 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Medication Induced Setback Support
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2020, 12:05:34 am »
So y'all,

Am in a setback.  When I last posted, I had just developed WD flu-like symptoms including a 102F fever.  Took 2 Tylenol, and felt pretty decent after that.  It acted like a reinstatement of whatever drug started my downward spiral (steroids), and felt almost symptom free for about a week.  I thought I was on the home stretch.  Then I was hit.  WD began as if I was at square 1 again.  Now my BP is sky high again, among the usual suspects of anxiety, fatigue, etc.  I can't seem to catch a break! I am getting these ridiculous cortisol surges in the mornings, jolting awake with sweating and tachycardia.  Mornings are horrible.  Damn!

Seems like "little things" like aspirin, Tylenol can set one back if sensitized.  And now I am scared with the Covid thing - told my husband if I get it I am resolved to die.  I cannot go thru any antibiotics, fever reducer, or anything else.  Sorry I do not have better news, but I feel like I am at a breaking point. 

But onward I go, because there is no other way.

Hello @[...], how are you doing these days.  I hope you are getting some relief from your aspirin setback.  Let us know how things are with you.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 12:14:06 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2020, 06:19:47 am »
So y'all,

Am in a setback.  When I last posted, I had just developed WD flu-like symptoms including a 102F fever.  Took 2 Tylenol, and felt pretty decent after that.  It acted like a reinstatement of whatever drug started my downward spiral (steroids), and felt almost symptom free for about a week.  I thought I was on the home stretch.  Then I was hit.  WD began as if I was at square 1 again.  Now my BP is sky high again, among the usual suspects of anxiety, fatigue, etc.  I can't seem to catch a break! I am getting these ridiculous cortisol surges in the mornings, jolting awake with sweating and tachycardia.  Mornings are horrible.  Damn!

Seems like "little things" like aspirin, Tylenol can set one back if sensitized.  And now I am scared with the Covid thing - told my husband if I get it I am resolved to die.  I cannot go thru any antibiotics, fever reducer, or anything else.  Sorry I do not have better news, but I feel like I am at a breaking point. 

But onward I go, because there is no other way.

Hello @[...], how are you doing these days.  I hope you are getting some relief from your aspirin setback.  Let us know how things are with you.

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry to hear this. So you took two Tylenol and didnít feel anything immediate but a delayed reaction? How long have you been in this setback? I too cannot take or tolerate any medicine at all. God help us. This is truly terrifying. I know youíve been through hell with the steroids. I hope this is very short lived for you. How were you doing before the Tylenol? Iíve said the same about Covid too. I wonít be able to participate in antivirals or vaccines.

Yes, you are right. Onward we go.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2020, 10:47:06 pm »
Hi [...],

It seems like my poor body is latching on to any med as a"reinstatement". After my steroid reaction, I had a similar reaction to anesthesia, doxycycline and now the steroid - each time I felt I felt ok for a while.  Then I deteriorate after some time back to square 1. In fact, it seems that each reaction is worse than the last.  I am so hopelessly kindled that I wouldn't be surprised if simply breathing air is causing me problems  :'(

Right now I am cycling through extremes.  I had horrible anxiety for about 2 hours, but it just broke, whew! and the body aches/fatigue are INSANE!

Prior to the Tylenol, I was not well, so it doesn't surprise me I am feeling lousy now, but the intensity is off the charts.  There seems to be a few people on SA who also had reactions to Tylenol.  BTW, I found out Tylenol affects serotonin and epinephrine, so no wonder...

Grrr...

How are you doing. Hang in there.  I tell myself "it has to get better" because it just has to.

[Buddie]

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2020, 01:33:43 pm »
Iím so sorry to hear that, [...]! I have read lots of people having issues with things like Tylenol, Advil and such. Our CNSís are just so out of sorts while recovering. How long has it been and have you started evening out at all?

If it makes you feel any better that is exactly how my body is now too.  Iím also so hopelessly kindled I canít touch any pharma at all and many other things or risk square one or worse. Itís awful. Iím like a year and a half or more from the floxing and still having many problems. 2 weeks out of the month are very bad, two weeks better which coincides with hormones.

I did want to ask... is anyone freaked out by the talk of mandated vaccines coming up for the coronavirus? My body wouldnít be able to handle that. What to do here? Iíd rather risk getting the virus than getting akathisia from square one for another 4 years, thatís for sure. But there is talk of possible mandates and needing to show immunizations when renewing/applying for a US driverís license.

I already canít get back into college until I prove that I have I have had my tdap booster vaccination, which I canít get. So what do us neurologically injured by pharma do in situations like this? I had to leave college because of withdrawal and adverse reactions. I want to go back and finish when Iím feeling better, but cannot risk a third setback! Any thoughts? Do I need to move to canada? Lol!

[Buddie]

« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2020, 12:18:13 am »
I received an email from benzo buddies just a minute ago and it made me think of you guys. I wanted to drop by and tell you all that I am better. It took the better part of a year and a half for me to really get back on my feet, but I am back to working as a stylist, raising my girls, and enjoying my life. I was going through an immense amount of stress when I had my setback and I truly believe that contributed to the length of time it took me to really start healing again. Stress is so detrimental to our already sensitive nervous system.

I still have symptoms, but they are tolerable, and can typically be curtailed with a nap. Lol. I hope you all are doing well. Hang in there, regardless and run towards any glimpse of freedom from this you my find.  <3

[Buddie]

« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2020, 12:42:48 am »
[...] that is lovely news!  I'm so glad you are able to work and enjoy life again!  Thanks for stopping by.   :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2020, 12:34:21 am »
I received an email from benzo buddies just a minute ago and it made me think of you guys. I wanted to drop by and tell you all that I am better. It took the better part of a year and a half for me to really get back on my feet, but I am back to working as a stylist, raising my girls, and enjoying my life. I was going through an immense amount of stress when I had my setback and I truly believe that contributed to the length of time it took me to really start healing again. Stress is so detrimental to our already sensitive nervous system.

I still have symptoms, but they are tolerable, and can typically be curtailed with a nap. Lol. I hope you all are doing well. Hang in there, regardless and run towards any glimpse of freedom from this you my find.  <3

Iím SOO happy for you! Iím still healing at snails pace from the antibiotic! I cannot WAIT for the day I can speak the words you just said! Did things just slowly melt away for you or any big jumps in healing? Be well and stay well  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2020, 08:28:38 pm »
Hi everyone, I am so glad I found this thread.  I am on week 3 of an acute setback from ONE dose of an antibiotic.  I had food poisoning and residual symptoms that weren't going away (although I now come to find out this can be normal) and actually took an antibiotic which has always been my worst nightmare - to have a setback.  I was feeling 100% healed at around 19/20 months off and then at 22 months off took the antibiotic and have now been housebound/bedridden.  I have completely lost my appetite, I have lost tons of weight, I have nausea, burning all over, red eyes, and my gut and digestion is awful.  I don't want to take probiotics because they have revved me up in the past.  I honestly thought the whole benzo thing was behind me.

It's hard just to make it through the days right now and my period is about to come which, as some of you know, revvs things even more.

How are you all coping? Sending love through this one of the hardest times of our lives. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2020, 12:34:07 pm »
Hi everyone, I am so glad I found this thread.  I am on week 3 of an acute setback from ONE dose of an antibiotic.  I had food poisoning and residual symptoms that weren't going away (although I now come to find out this can be normal) and actually took an antibiotic which has always been my worst nightmare - to have a setback.  I was feeling 100% healed at around 19/20 months off and then at 22 months off took the antibiotic and have now been housebound/bedridden.  I have completely lost my appetite, I have lost tons of weight, I have nausea, burning all over, red eyes, and my gut and digestion is awful.  I don't want to take probiotics because they have revved me up in the past.  I honestly thought the whole benzo thing was behind me.

It's hard just to make it through the days right now and my period is about to come which, as some of you know, revvs things even more.

How are you all coping? Sending love through this one of the hardest times of our lives.

Im so sorry to hear that. Sounds like what happened to me too except I wasnít healed yet when my reaction happened. (only to one dose also) You arenít alone. This seems to be happening to others a lot around here. Are your symptoms the same as before? How are you now?

[Buddie]

« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2020, 11:37:45 pm »
Hi sorry for delay I just havenít been well enough to respond. Itís been a month now and I feel about the same. My gut is beyond messed up and i just donít know what to do. I am on a very limited diet and have lost a lot of weight. I have oral thrush and donít want to take anything for it because of health anxiety now due to the setback. I just wonder if I am actually going to be able to heal from this? It seems so extreme to have such bad digestive issues. Would love any advice or encouragement from others!