6 weeks Benzo free tomorrow

[Gi...]

Hi all not sure if it will post having trouble with the signature;( I am 6 weeks tomorrow “Benzo free “..For me the worst symptoms have been the muscle tightness in my jaw and neck and back ! I am able to work ..through all of this ..It’s not comfortable at all but I have to pay my bills.I am able to drive and also sleep ..my sleep schedule has been ok ..I do take Unisom

before bed ...Very high alert mentally or I was just so emotionally sedated that was not feeling things ..I am hoping in the next 6 weeks that the muscle tightness dissipates and my brain will start to relax itself! Never have craved the Benzo at all do not miss it !! Good luck to all stay busy if you can ! Keep your mind busy ! So there is no time to dwell on the symptoms..Merry Christmas looking forward to 2019 🙏🙏😊😊🥳🥳

Congratulations! That is great. I am on day 50 tomorrow of weaning off of Alprazolem. Yay! I agree with you on staying busy. That helps me so much plus counting the days does too. Merry Christmas to you too.

You're doing great; the muscle/joint pain will go away with time.  This was bad with me also (thought I had rheumatoid arthritis at one point).  And, if you're sleeping, that's a HUGE win. 

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all , thank you so much for all the get well wishes 😊🌈 it means allot . Ok I am 8 weeks benzo free . The positive ,my personality is returning 😊😊 . I am happy I feel things that I have not felt in a long time! I am driving everywhere no anxiety at all I feel in control of myself completely it’s crazy weird but I am doing it :) on the negative side get overwhelmed with social media now can’t stand it lol my head just can’t take all the strories and emotional drama : probably because I am feeling again and it a overload to my (brain if that make sense) lol I do get angry easy not sure why, definitely a withdrawal for me . My back is still tight but improving. It’s more on my right side .Hot bath is needed . Not real sociable at this point accept for work I am nice . Some depersonalization definitely hate how my hair feels lol crazy I know !! Smells and some make up that I use to love can’t wear 😳just can’t stand how it feels ! Lol Our brains were definitely sedated how the hell did I take this for 18 years 🤫so glad I am free . Thanks for listening Ginaiscalm

Amazing job! You’re doing great. I’m around the same mark you’re at with 8 weeks off and I feel somewhat similar! You’re giving me strength. I hope for your continued healing ❤️

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ginaiscalm--what were you taking? Which Benzo...just curious.

Congrats on doing so well. I relate to the smells and news. ;)