Intense anxiety 4-8pm

[Vi...]

I don't understand why my anxiety get much more severe afternoon.

Anybody got more severe anxiety between 4-8 pm?

Anybody knows why is more severe by afternoon? I have all day and night anxiety, but afternoon much more severe with panick attacks.

I'm 30 months off benzo and 10 months off all medication. Still have  anxiety what I never had before benzo. So discouraged and I'm so sad. I don't see the light is ever going to end.

Love and healing you all

Vica

I'm sorry you are suffering so. I don't have it the same time that you do, however, I do have what I call witching hours that I notice to be strongest during periods where my taper goes too fast. The witching hours are, for me, between 10 am and 4 pm. Neither of us have the luxury of blaming this on normal cortisol spiking from the wake response. Benzos mess with HPA axis regulation and it may take a lot of time to get that back to normal. Also, though I'm sure you may have considered this, but blood sugars can vary a lot with benzos and after benzo withdrawal, so some benefit from numerous small meals, as opposed to the standard three meals.

for me its like noon-7pm. i think it has to do with cortisol etc. as your day goes you use your brain more and more. it causes the 'engine to run hotter'. then the evening things wide down.

this happens for non-benzo people as well, but we are more sensitive. i am about 24 months out and anxiety is really my only symptoms

Without a disturbance in the HPA axis to explain things though, normal cortisol should have mostly played itself out by noon (and we should be experiencing most elevated anxiety when we awake). I know that we are susceptible to adrenaline spikes with any stress, but I'm the same on a lazy Sunday as I am working on a Monday (given no added stressors at work).

Cortisol will not cause that kind of anxiety, it is actually reduced cortisol that does. Your body needs energy, if it doesn't get it from cortisol, it will get it from norepinephrine. That is what causes extreme anxiety.

Taking Hydrocortisone 10mg on waking will help get your HPTA regulated. Or 10mg on waking, 5mg, noon, 2.5mg 6pm can be needed.

If anyone has flagging cortisol (long term stress on adrenals can do this) you can also try adrenal cortex capsules, vitamin C, Himalayan sea salt water, to support the adrenals.

If anyone has flagging cortisol (long term stress on adrenals can do this) you can also try adrenal cortex capsules, vitamin C, Himalayan sea salt water, to support the adrenals.

Low blood sugar, low blood pressure are 2 indicators and why taking sea salt can help.

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t take C vitamin, or any supplements. It can trigger my anxiety and my symptoms gets much worse.

Is adrenal cortex capsules would help for anxiety? Or is only good for adrenal?

Vica

• 1 month later...
My anxiety is at its worst from like 4-8pm. Sometimes slightly after. I get this like pressure and fuzziness feeling in my head and eyes along with all of the other panic symptoms. Most days I feel decent but like clock work I get all tensed up and panicked to different degrees every evening

Has anything bad in the past happened to you at these hours?

I had my first panic attack as the sun was going down, all the colors change, things have more shadows, the air changes, etc. It causes a derealization feeling for me. Always has, even when I had my anxiety disorder under control. Mine gets remarkably better after 8.

Has anything bad in the past happened to you at these hours?

I had my first panic attack as the sun was going down, all the colors change, things have more shadows, the air changes, etc. It causes a derealization feeling for me. Always has, even when I had my anxiety disorder under control. Mine gets remarkably better after 8.

No, I’ve never had anything traumatic happen to me to cause this. I think I’m just genetically gifted to have it. Lol

TBH, I had my struggles with anxiety as a teen. But throughout my 20s and 30s I never had severe anxiety. This shit was brought on after stopping Xanax that I was taking for only 6-8 weeks. It’s insane.

I do get this hazzy or cloudy look when it starts to build up at night. Almost looks like there’s a mist in the House

I never had any traumatic happened to me either, ( besides benzo and remeron withrawl 5 times in 2 years)  and I don’t understand why I’m Feeling so bad  at night 4-8 pm. Getting more depressed about it. Crying a lot and my head symptoms getting worse too.

Don’t see the light :'(

I never had any traumatic happened to me either, ( besides benzo and remeron withrawl 5 times in 2 years)  and I don’t understand why I’m Feeling so bad  at night 4-8 pm. Getting more depressed about it. Crying a lot and my head symptoms getting worse too.

Don’t see the light :'(

It’ll get better. It has to. There thousands of people that got off much higher amounts and survived it. It’s just a bitch doing it. I feel almost guilty on here only being on this stuff for a couple months however the symptoms were so intense I needed to know I wasn’t alone. You’ll beat this. Don’t give in to this garbage

• 2 weeks later...

Cortisol will not cause that kind of anxiety, it is actually reduced cortisol that does. Your body needs energy, if it doesn't get it from cortisol, it will get it from norepinephrine. That is what causes extreme anxiety.

Taking Hydrocortisone 10mg on waking will help get your HPTA regulated. Or 10mg on waking, 5mg, noon, 2.5mg 6pm can be needed.

No one in benzo withdrawal needs to be taking hydrocortisone. High cortisol DOES cause severe anxiety.

I'm sorry, I've been away from this website for a while, but looking back at it now while I'm more healed, I'm realizing now that that's why this forum is so incredibly dangerous. Because of posts like this. Search this forum and you'll see that people have gone into multi year setbacks due to corticosteroids. What you are suggesting is something that could potentially cause someone to end their life.

I would love to support people on here but I can't do this anymore. I can't be a part of it. I'm out.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you find to relief your severe anxiety? I feel I can’t do this anymore.Almost  3 years non stop suffering  and my anxiety not getting better.

Losing hope. Thinking to do Botox for my headpain. Maybe if my pain level goes  lower my anxiety will get better.

:'(

Vica

[df...]
I also feel worst exactly between 4 - 8 pm. My heart would race basically only during these hours and also other symptoms increase. I don't know why, but I think it must be due to adrenaline levels which are perhaps highest at that time. However, I have mostly recovered and I believe you'll heal too.

Vica: did I mentioned the combination of passion flower and lemon balm? that helps me immensely when I get anxiety spouts. I did not notice negative s/x

for me its like noon-7pm. i think it has to do with cortisol etc. as your day goes you use your brain more and more. it causes the 'engine to run hotter'. then the evening things wide down.

this happens for non-benzo people as well, but we are more sensitive. i am about 24 months out and anxiety is really my only symptoms

Same.

Vica, what med do you take for throyd? Maybe that might cause some problems.

Hugs,

Mary

Hi Mary,

I take a SR ( slow release) natural thyroid medication. A month ago tried to change for synthetic.... thinking maybe a natural thyroid med. causing this terrible headpain and is back fired on me. Had even more anx and was sweating like crazy every hr. Had to go back on natural thyroid medication.

I don’t know what to do. 3 years non stop terrible headpain and nothing helps.

Thank you for writhing me back.

God bless you with god health

Vica

Vica: did I mentioned the combination of passion flower and lemon balm? that helps me immensely when I get anxiety spouts. I did not notice negative s/x

Is it a tea? A drops?

Thank you for writing me back

Vica

Dear Vica,

I've been taking for many years Synthroid as I had Graves disease and was treated with RAI so I am basically hypothyroid.

That's why I have to take the hormone and Synthroid worked well for me. I had a friend who tried to take the natural hormon but had a terrible time so she switched to Synthroid (NOT Levothroxin because it has more filers).

Hugs,

Mary

Hi Vica and Buddies,

While I don't suffer from anxiety, I do recognize the times of the day... for me, it's akathisia which steadily worsens from late afternoon, and actually keeps getting worse and worse until I finally manage to fall asleep at night. I don't know why that is, a reverse-cortisol cycle, or some other hormone 'triggering' the flare up in symptom? I just know that it happens day in and day out no matter what I do...

Does it mean that you do get some relief when the evening comes? If you do, that is absolutely priceless... something to look forward to... which I don't.

...but I trust that healing will take care of that. It will be ok.

Warm healing hugs!

Julz