Author Topic: Intense anxiety 4-8pm  (Read 1087 times)

[Buddie]

Intense anxiety 4-8pm
« on: December 14, 2018, 04:10:58 am »
I don't understand why my anxiety get much more severe afternoon.
Anybody got more severe anxiety between 4-8 pm?
Anybody knows why is more severe by afternoon? I have all day and night anxiety, but afternoon much more severe with panick attacks.
I'm 30 months off benzo and 10 months off all medication. Still have  anxiety what I never had before benzo. So discouraged and I'm so sad. I don't see the light is ever going to end.
Love and healing you all
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Intense anxiety 4-8pm
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 07:26:54 pm »
I'm sorry you are suffering so. I don't have it the same time that you do, however, I do have what I call witching hours that I notice to be strongest during periods where my taper goes too fast. The witching hours are, for me, between 10 am and 4 pm. Neither of us have the luxury of blaming this on normal cortisol spiking from the wake response. Benzos mess with HPA axis regulation and it may take a lot of time to get that back to normal. Also, though I'm sure you may have considered this, but blood sugars can vary a lot with benzos and after benzo withdrawal, so some benefit from numerous small meals, as opposed to the standard three meals.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 07:57:57 pm »
for me its like noon-7pm. i think it has to do with cortisol etc. as your day goes you use your brain more and more. it causes the 'engine to run hotter'. then the evening things wide down.
this happens for non-benzo people as well, but we are more sensitive. i am about 24 months out and anxiety is really my only symptoms

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 08:48:23 pm »
Without a disturbance in the HPA axis to explain things though, normal cortisol should have mostly played itself out by noon (and we should be experiencing most elevated anxiety when we awake). I know that we are susceptible to adrenaline spikes with any stress, but I'm the same on a lazy Sunday as I am working on a Monday (given no added stressors at work).

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 09:13:44 pm »
Cortisol will not cause that kind of anxiety, it is actually reduced cortisol that does. Your body needs energy, if it doesn't get it from cortisol, it will get it from norepinephrine. That is what causes extreme anxiety.

Taking Hydrocortisone 10mg on waking will help get your HPTA regulated. Or 10mg on waking, 5mg, noon, 2.5mg 6pm can be needed.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 02:20:00 pm »
If anyone has flagging cortisol (long term stress on adrenals can do this) you can also try adrenal cortex capsules, vitamin C, Himalayan sea salt water, to support the adrenals.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 06:35:44 pm »
If anyone has flagging cortisol (long term stress on adrenals can do this) you can also try adrenal cortex capsules, vitamin C, Himalayan sea salt water, to support the adrenals.

Low blood sugar, low blood pressure are 2 indicators and why taking sea salt can help.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 07:05:34 am »
I canít take C vitamin, or any supplements. It can trigger my anxiety and my symptoms gets much worse.
Is adrenal cortex capsules would help for anxiety? Or is only good for adrenal?
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 02:38:45 am »
My anxiety is at its worst from like 4-8pm. Sometimes slightly after. I get this like pressure and fuzziness feeling in my head and eyes along with all of the other panic symptoms. Most days I feel decent but like clock work I get all tensed up and panicked to different degrees every evening

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 04:58:59 am »
Has anything bad in the past happened to you at these hours?
I had my first panic attack as the sun was going down, all the colors change, things have more shadows, the air changes, etc. It causes a derealization feeling for me. Always has, even when I had my anxiety disorder under control. Mine gets remarkably better after 8.