Important Survey - Please Participate ×

how long does the reinstatement take to start working ?

[pr...]

I didn't reinstate, but I have seen others that did.  Some stabilized after the first dose or two, others took a few weeks.  It really is individual, and there is no way to know how long it may take.

I did twice after short, rapid taper attempts, and within a week I was back to normal.

I think it's important to believe that it will work and not second guess yourself. The mind is very powerful.

NJ when you reinstated did you get any paradoxical reactions?

Or was it smooth sailing? I’m almost a week in trying and having bad reactions, need to stop I think but don’t know how and scared to. I’ll take being back in acute over this Any day.

I reinstated Almost 6 months ago after being off klonopin almost 19 months when I first reinstated I had a bad reaction every time I dosed. This went on for two months then month three it got better then the next month better now I hardly feel much when I dose I think I stabalized on the 19th of last month which would be over 5 months to stabalize but you still have waves after you stabalize your just more functional I hit a wall on the 6th when I started my period but the first two months I reinstated I prayed for death. Also before my big break I had a horrid 19 day wave so if you get better then worse that’s normal some people take a week some take 6 or 7 months everyone is different. According to dr una who’s ran battle against tranquilizers for decades everyone stabalizes you just don’t know how long it will take she’s seen it take a year. You start out in tolerance and with bad reactions this is not a paradoxil reaction it’s an amp of symptoms.

Theaddiction fairy what made you persevere with reinstatement?

I’m a week trying and getting sicker so believe I need off these drugs no matter how long it takes to heal... just wondering what made you reinstate? I was still shaking and severe anxiety 7 weeks off but regretting reinstating as should have just pushed thru but got scared and doc said they thought I needed to be on... I’ve not been functional most of this year since started on daily benzo they only ever worked as a prn for me it seems...

Dr una at battle against tranquilizers has decades of experience she said everyone stabalizes period. I called her a lot I became bedridden at 16 months off till 19 months hospitalized with over 100 symptoms that were so bad I won’t mention. Even dr Ashton’s son said in an email my symptoms weren’t typical of bw. My first two months reinstating were horror. The at 4 1/2 months it shifted and I still get waves and have to lay down sometimes but I’m not bedridden anymore.

That sounds awful I’m so sorry to hear... you’re very strong to come thru this and be battling on ❤️

I’ve been bedridden for 6 months from a combo of K CT (which I was functioning thru) but then when they gave me Baclofen it was bed city. Couldn’t stand up and docs dismissed it... now I’m a weak mess that can’t bareky shower without needing to lie down.

Meds suck.

Glad you’re doing better, I’ll never get my nails done again now! 😳