Three months off and I'm doing well

[ma...]

Thank you guys :smitten: These were 15 very difficult months but things are really getting better: one year ago I was in bed, unable to move, with excruciating muscle pain, but today I made a full aerobics class. I still don't feel as sharp as I'd like but it might also have to do with the AD I'm still on. I need to taper it also but I'm feeling so lazy!

Congratulations magnesi! So very happy happy for you. Glad that things are getting better for you!

Sending lots of hugs and prayers for more healing your way!

Blessings!

Pi

Thank you guys :smitten: These were 15 very difficult months but things are really getting better: one year ago I was in bed, unable to move, with excruciating muscle pain, but today I made a full aerobics class. I still don't feel as sharp as I'd like but it might also have to do with the AD I'm still on. I need to taper it also but I'm feeling so lazy!

Magnesi,

No, not lazy! look at your profile -- look at what you've just been through, and what you've accomplished. Not lazy. You'll get to the AD in good enough time.  Stay stable, keep healing!  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

magnesi,

I appreciate your progress log! May I ask why you went from a liquid taper to a dry cut towards the end? Was this somehow easier to do?

Thank you.

Yes, it was simpler and also cheaper. I didn't have to get prescriptions because one box of pills lasts forever when you're taking only tiny amounts (I used to grind a few pills into powder and then took only what I needed each day). I also didn't have go to the pharmacy to have my compound suspension prepared, which saved me also a lot of money because compound meds are expensive. And I didn't need refrigeration to store the suspension, which was nice during holidays.

Don't worry fridaygirl. It'll be OK if you go slow, hold when you feel bad and resist the urge to updose or take rescue doses.

...thank you again....so were you weighing the powder? How did you keep doses accurate if not?

Yes, on a Gemini scale. I used always the same scale and I calibrated it often. This method is accurate enough. There are some fluctuations, of course, but these changes to your dose have no immediate effect and they will cancel each other over a long period because of their random character. So, if you use always the same technique, you'll be able to reduce your dose slowly over time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rodolfo!

I read your signature and I tapered the exact same way as you only instead of cutting every month I cut every 2 weeks then every week and jumped on 11/10/18!! How are you feeling now? My withdrawal symptoms are still really bad!! I feel a little better sometimes but overall the withdrawal got worse since I jumped! Is it the same for you?

Hi Magnesi and congrats..so jealous!. I, too, am dry cutting every 2 weeks as holding just seems to make me worse. I am at 1.2 valium for 3 more days then was gonna cut half 2 mg pills into eigths and see. Can you please share your method with me..scales and I have not done well in the past

I still have tinnitus and memory is not as good as I'd like it to be, but muscles are much better. I'd say I'm 85% healed.

:)

That's fabulous Magnesi and wonderful for us to hear and feel hopeful, thank you, Mary 🎈🎈🎈🎈