Author Topic: What comforts you?  (Read 1918 times)

[Buddie]

Re: What comforts you?
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 08:56:16 pm »
Hot cocoa on a winter night and cuddling with my kitty.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 10:09:56 pm »
No nonsense.  No nonsense is highly comforting to me. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 02:42:34 am »
Things that comfort me include good music (but not as loud as usual), praying and reading scripture, etc., warm blankets and t.v., reading, snuggling with my cats, my husband, exercising, lunch and trips with friends and my mom, decaf green tea.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 10:27:16 pm »
Things that comfort me ... My family, my cat, Knitting, a hot water bottle when I'm cold and sometimes a soft blanket. Also knowing that I'm getting off benzos!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 10:34:45 pm »
Me too. My adorable cat Bear is an enormous comfort to me. He chose me and he was so right! Good food, shopping at thrift shops, looking pretty as a 68 year old can. Knowing I got through a truly awful WD is inspiring to me and I am proud of this. Very.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 05:32:55 am »
My wife, kids, parents, good food, my bed and blanket, some video games, good friends, counting my blessings, this website...

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 12:09:45 pm »
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]

Thank you all for your helpful responses. I've been dealt a new blow. Just lost my sister. How to keep coping?

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 01:02:01 pm »
[...] I am so sorry for you loss.  I can't imagine losing my sister right now. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2019, 01:31:52 pm »
[...] - keep going.  Keep doing what you need to do to heal yourself.  Allow the feelings - drug free.  My stepdaughter was recently diagnosed with bone cancer.  I know how difficult it can be to have something big thrown at you on days where just eating and showering are a challenge.

Don't want to offend with my own beliefs...but know your sister is in very very good hands and would want you to continue to find your own peace.

Much love and compassion, [...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2019, 04:44:44 pm »
[...]- hang in there pal!!! In this times we are often far stronger than we give ourselves credit for. I am keeping you in my thoughts today. My deepest condolences.