3.5 years and almost a success story

[Lo...]

Wow its crazy looking back at how far i have come from being left completely disabled after my jump to now functioning well and living an "almost" full life.

Unfortunately i was one of the unlucky ones and ended up a very rare and extreme case off short term low dose, a measly 2mg of valium for 3 months. I micro tapered and was extremely sick then jumped at 0.5mg. 3 days later hit like a freight train and layed out for the first 18 months. Im not going to revisit the early days but i was bad..... real bad.

Fast forward 3 years and things had faded away apart from muscle pain and extreme fatigue, i pushed hard to go back to work as a tradesman. Many days i finished early because i couldnt go on and many many setbacks from pushing so hard. It hurt and i was in a constant state of disbelief that this could be still happening.

My life turned around 3 months ago, i started feeling more stable and started getting stronger. Healing has accelerated and im sitting here in amazement as its power fades and i feed off its weakness. Im nearly there.

I watched your YouTube videos when I first started, really glad to be seeing this man. I’m in hell but this definitely helps, well done, congrats

Videos? Can I have this link please. So happy for you!!

I have deleted 2 of them as i didnt find them relevant anymore. The first video i was still in acute and in denial of how sick i was lol.

[nobbc]

- 4 months off

https://youtu.be/8w5JY28nLTk - 32 months off[/nobbc]

Hope you feel better soon

deactivated identifying links

Thanks guys, i was a bit hesitant to post as alot of positive posts fall to the wayside on this site but people need to hear this does end eventually. I know i needed to hear stuff like this along the way, there is hope even if it doesnt feel like it

Congratulations for your almost reaching the other side.! So happy for you. :)

Can I ask you did you had a terrible head scalp pain? Mine is burning squeezing and electricity feeling 24/7. 30 months out and no window yet.

Vica

Dear Lockie,

Wonderful update! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy your sweet family and good health as you near the end of this journey. It sure takes longer than we anticipated!

Warmly,

Carita  :smitten:

Great stuff, so glad to hear you are on the way to 100%.

I am getting better after 20 months but am left with muscle/ joint pain, tinnitus, tiredness and a general feeling of not being really happy.

Things could be a lot worse though when I look back to my taper and first year.

2trusting

Congratulations Lockie! I am so very happy for you that you are feeling better and almost on the other side!

Praying you will have your complete healing soon!

Blessings!

Pi

• 3 weeks later...
thats really good to hear man.....im at 20 months post last benzo and im almost there myself. 2 years without the drugs seems to be the sweet spot for many of us.