Question about water taper - have not tried yet

[ju...]

Hello:

I would like to water taper .25 mg.  I would like to taper in 60 days.  How much water should I start with?

How much should I take out daily. What size beaker should I get?  What size syringe?

Any help would be appreciated.  Even if you say I am an idiot for doing it in 60 days.

Hello:

I would like to water taper .25 mg.  I would like to taper in 60 days.  How much water should I start with?

How much should I take out daily. What size beaker should I get?  What size syringe?

Any help would be appreciated.  Even if you say I am an idiot for doing it in 60 days.

Your post does not say what benzo you are taking, but common benzos are NOT water-soluble*.  You can however, dissolve them in a tiny amount of solvent (vodka or propylene glycol) then dilute with water.

You will probably need a 1ml and 10ml oral syringe.  You can use any  common glass jar with lid for a "beaker".

*The only water-soluble benzos are midzolam and librium.  And there are problems with stability with librium dissolved in water.

Thank you for your reply Builder:

I am taking Clonazepam.  I have seen it crushed on youtube before putting in water.  I do not know if this is another

way of making it viable in water.

How much water would be needed to start with the taper?

Thank you for your reply Builder:

I am taking Clonazepam.  I have seen it crushed on youtube before putting in water.  I do not know if this is another

way of making it viable in water.

How much water would be needed to start with the taper?

Yes, I'm sure you saw that on YouTube, along with a lot of the other misinformation there.  And it won't matter how much you crush it, it will not make it water-soluble.

"Clonazepam has a faint odour. Practically insoluble in water;"

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/pim326.htm

The way you make it liquid is to dissolve it in a solvent (alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol).  it then becomes a uniformly distributed liquid that can readily be diluted with water.

The standard ratios are 1mg + 2ml solvent + 8ml water.  That creates a stable, uniformly distributed solution, .1mg per ml

You didn't tell us your dose (adding your history/info in your siggy would be very helpful), but if you were taking 1mg/day, you could do ...

10mgs + 20mls solvent + 80 mls water.  That would give you a 10-12 day supply of .1mg per ml liquid.

More info on this page:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=208064.0

I am currently on 2 mg of Klonopin right now.  I started 5 years ago at 5 mg of Xanax a day. With the help of benzowize psychiatrist I switched to Klonopin and started a taper of 5% a month using a compounding pharmacy.  I stopped and held several times due to health issues. 

Now I am in a new state Michigan (was in Colorado), and a new psychiatrist.  At first he agreed to let me continue the 5% taper using a compounding pharmacy I had found.  Last month he told me he was not going to write scripts for the compounding pharmacy anymore.  He gave me two scripts: One for Gabapentin 200 mg 3 times a day and one for 2 mg of the Klonopin tablet.  No more compounding at 5%.  In January I have to start with a quarter (25mg) cut of one of the tablets, although he did not say how long I had between each cut.  He said the new laws IOpiate, Benzo) are making him press his patients on benzos to get off fast.  Now I really scared and have been searching for a doctor who will at least continue prescribing Klonopin so I can keep on tapering.  But in Michigan I am not having any luck. 

I was thinking if I have the time, I could water taper the 25mg instead of making the cut. 

I wonder if any of people on benzo are having this problem with the new laws?