Comfort needed.

[Mu...]

I have recently been setback due to an antibiotic.

I am sitting here in a wave of chemical terror and panic and racing thoughts. Fear that I'm dying and losing my mind.

I could use some comfort.

I am trying to remind myself that it could lift any moment.

I've been going through something very similar lately. Not sure if it's the same thing, but I feel like I'm mentally stuck in a drug addled fog and my thoughts are just racing. I feel completely disconnected from my mind, like it's completely doing it's own thing. I'm not just existing anymore, I'm hypervigilant of my own thoughts and they are just popping in and doing their own thing. In combination with that, I feel really out of it, struggling with cog fog and just pretty overwhelming feelings of being on another planet or in an alternate reality.. It just feels far different from regular anxiety, it's like something is seriously wrong with your brain or mind.

I don't know if that helps, but hopefully it will help you feel less alone.

I have recently been setback due to an antibiotic.

I am sitting here in a wave of chemical terror and panic and racing thoughts. Fear that I'm dying and losing my mind.

I could use some comfort.

I am trying to remind myself that it could lift any moment.

Hi MF, it hasn't happened to me but to a lot of other people.  Go to the home page and see search, type in antibiotics and all sorts of posts will pop up for you.  It can cause your symptoms and can go away any time, everyone is different.  Hold on, you will make it.  Keep us posted, love Mary ☮️🙏💜

[ff...]

i dont think itll last to that strength for too long, you actually had some level of relief or at least it not being that horrible already which is really cool because it shows although you may have these awful waves, i think youre gonna pull through it.

youre NOT dying, i promise, youve gotten through all this crap already, this instance now sure as hell isnt takin ya out.

Whatever you do, don't give up now. Keep moving forward because healing WILL happen if you give it time.

I think its good that you understand that your brain is currently "addled" due to a drug. It is NOT you! You are not crazy, a drug made you temporarily nuts. May I ask which antibiotic you took? Most will not harm you during BWD but a few will. If you truly needed to take an antibiotic, then taking it probably a good thing. Each person reacts differently top different drugs. The florouquinolones see to cause instant WD in benzo takes (we call it being "floxed"). Other antibiotics do not do that but personal sensitivities (or reactions) can [probably cause a change in your BWD symptoms.

Pleasse do not let this stuff scare you too much. As you gradually heal, all of this stuff will....just fade away and become a distant memory.

east