Klonopin Addiction

[Ho...]

I have been taking Klonopin at the advice of a psychiatrist for a little over a year.  Six months ago, I started seeing a new psychiatrist and began tapering off.  My max dosage was 2.0 milligrams per day.  I am currently down to .5 milligrams per day, but have hit a wall and am experiencing numerous withdrawal symptoms that do not seem to be going away.  I’m looking for suggestions and support on how to successfully continue my tapering.

Hello HopefulyYours :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are pleased to have you here, you will receive plenty of encouragement and support here.  It looks like you have done a good job so far with your taper, well done. Sorry you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms,  It does get tougher at the low doses.  I am sure you will get some good sound advice from some of our caring members here.  You might consider titration method, it will slow the process down. 

Benzodiazepines should be tapered off slowly, reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the general recommendation. It’s okay to alter the schedule,  whatever feels comfortable. The aim is to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest you read The Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Klonopin Club 

Withdrawal Support

Titration Taper Plans

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita