Antibiotic setback timeline?

[Fp...]

Does an antibiotic setback typically mean you are setback temporarily (maybe a week to a month) or can it cause you to be thrown back into acute and start the entire healing process over again? I would hate to spend a year healing then take an antibiotic and have to spend another year healing.

I recently took Macrobid and have been sent back into acute heal.

But do you think all of your healing is down the drain? That would be horrible. Perhaps a time frame of just needing to get back on track?

I recently took Macrobid and have been sent back into acute heal.

But do you think all of your healing is down the drain? That would be horrible. Perhaps a time frame of just needing to get back on track?

I have no idea. I just honestly can't even believe this is real life right now. I sure hope not, but it sure as heck feels like it.

[e1...]
Muddlefoot I'm in your camp on this, had a terrible setback due to an AB in month 9, straight back into acute for about 6 weeks, then it eased up a little and i thought thank god, i'm over that now, but then last week i've been flung into another wave from hell. In month 9 i was definitely feeling somewhat improved and i even sold my house, bought another one and moved it all to a different location 400 kms away, so i couldn't have been THAT bad, atm i can't even move from bedroom to bathroom hardly and i'm sure that the AB has put my healing right back, if not right back to the beginning some place not far from it. Worst thing is that the problem that the AB  was prescribed for hasn't resolved and the dr wants to give me another one......omg i am pretty sure that would be me right back to the starting point. Husband says he's sick of it all now and doesn't believe i can continue to be so sick from wd and an AB, but right now i feel i'm back to fighting for my life agaain. And the amount of articles i've read about the dangers of giving ABs to a benzo damaged cns i'm surprised dr's don't know more about it.

Muddlefoot I'm in your camp on this, had a terrible setback due to an AB in month 9, straight back into acute for about 6 weeks, then it eased up a little and i thought thank god, i'm over that now, but then last week i've been flung into another wave from hell. In month 9 i was definitely feeling somewhat improved and i even sold my house, bought another one and moved it all to a different location 400 kms away, so i couldn't have been THAT bad, atm i can't even move from bedroom to bathroom hardly and i'm sure that the AB has put my healing right back, if not right back to the beginning some place not far from it. Worst thing is that the problem that the AB  was prescribed for hasn't resolved and the dr wants to give me another one......omg i am pretty sure that would be me right back to the starting point. Husband says he's sick of it all now and doesn't believe i can continue to be so sick from wd and an AB, but right now i feel i'm back to fighting for my life agaain. And the amount of articles i've read about the dangers of giving ABs to a benzo damaged cns i'm surprised dr's don't know more about it.

Which antibiotic were you on?

[e1...]
I was on Flucloxacillin which is a penicillin. Penicillins affect gaba receptors in the same way as benzos but i didn't know that before i took it, i was ok whilst taking it but 2 days after i finished it all hell broke loose and hasn't really let up since except for maybe a week. I definitely feel that the AB  injured the receptors again and now i've got to heal again from way back.