Glad to be here!

[Be...]

Hi.

I feel a sense of relief already! ❤

I have been taking Xanax since 2003. 15 years. I cannot believe it. Prescription has always been 0.5mg three times a day. I have never taken more than the prescribed dosage. Some months, even having some Xanax not taken. In July,  I moved across the county - Florida to Las Vegas - and my first doctor visit in LV. per the MD, "you'll need to get off of these - we have strict rules here about prescribing Xanax". Whew! Talk about needing a Xanax! 😉 Truth be told, it is time and, I thought this will be a good time to taper/be done!

I had my 0.5mg - one three times daily rx - filled on 10-18-18. I have 31 (0.5mg) pills left. I am averaging .25mg twice a day (total 0.5mg). I have really spread them out - at a cost.  Current body and mind changes include: at times, weird sensation in my left leg (I guess like a "jelly leg", blurred vision (I just put my glasses on), mild headaches (bring on the essential oils!), foggy brain, insomnia started the last few nights, some depersonalization and oh! irritability (my husband is a saint!). These new body changes can sometimes put my anxiety in total overdrive. Some days much better than others. Some days, symptoms are minimal. Skills being used often: deep breathing, CBD, distraction, positive self talk "You can do this" "You'll make it through this" and aromatherapy/essential oils. I think my biggest concern is ... I want to feel normal (no jelly legs!). This WILL happen, eventually, right?

Be well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Believe.

Hello Believe2018 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are happy to have you here, I wish the circumstances were different.  Sorry you are struggling with symptoms, withdrawal is not pleasant, and some symptoms can be quite scary.  You have a great attitude!  It will help you get through it.  Be patient and keep positive, you will eventually recover from this ordeal.

Benzodiazepines need a slow taper off.  The rule of thumb is to reduce the daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  Some need to taper slower, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita