Author Topic: Benzo free after 44 years  (Read 3942 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo free after 44 years
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 10:29:50 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS, [...]!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I, too, have suffered from dizziness and vertigo (I do not get vertigo that much, if at all, thank God) since I started on benzos. Hoping to have some indication of when this will go away.

I didn't know that about Thomas Kinkade. It's good that you turned away from alcohol.

All the best to you, and thank you so much for coming back and telling your story!!! We so need to hear from people who have healed. May you have a lovely life!!!  :smitten:

Hey [...]!

Thank you so much!  ;D

As far as an indication as to when it will go away, we are all different.

In my case, I had on and off vertigo during my taper, at times intense, but not debilitating.

It has diminished gradually, but I still get a light headed feeling sometimes. It's ok. And perhaps it from gabapentin or trazodone. Who knows.

Maybe battle scars.

Please be well, [...] and again thank you!

[...] :smitten:

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 11:24:12 pm »
Congratulations [...]!

Can I ask if you had a lot of muscle and pain problems?

Thank you so much, [...]. My main issues during my taper were insomnia, massive waves, and vertigo. I did have muscle problems, but not nearly as much, I think, as some, or debilitating.

[...]

Hi [...],
Can you please tell us a bit more about your vertigo and how it left? There are many of us who experience debilitating disequilibrium, as if we're on a boat all the time. Was your vertigo like this, or something else? How long did you have it, and did it fade away, or disappear quickly?

Congratulations again on making it to the "other side"!

Hi [...],

Prior to my taper, vertigo was not something I ever experienced.

I experienced it all throughout my taper, at times intense, though not constantly. For me it was not debilitating. Some of my taper buddies and I called it the "sick-dizzies" due to the nausea.

Subsequent to my taper, it became milder and less frequent, eventually, like now, a sometimes light-headed feeling when I stand up.

Perhaps at this point it's related to the gabapentin or trazodone at this point, not sure.

I wish I could have been of more help.

It will get better over time, rest assured about that.

Love, [...]  :smitten:

Hi [...],
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm glad your vertigo wasn't too debilitating, as it can be really tough for some of us who suffer with it. I'm hardly functional because mine is quite intense. It's great news that yours went away, though. Thanks very much for the reassurance, as we can all do with a boatload of that!

As far as your light-headedness goes, I can say from experience that trazodone can certainly cause that. I was on it for a very short time, but had to stop due to orthostatic hypotension. My blood pressure was low to begin with, and that medication lowered it even more.  Quite dangerous, in my case.

Take good care, and I wish you all the best!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 11:40:40 pm »
Congrats on overcoming such a huge struggle. Thank you for coming back to write your story too. It means a lot to us that are still in the fight. It's always so awesome to hear about someone being benzo free after long term use because nobody deserves to spend the majority of their lives on these vile little pills. I've been on Valium for 4 years and it feels like 50, so I can't imagine being on it for decades. Enjoy your freedom, health, and happiness!

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2018, 06:14:48 am »
Congratulations [...]!

Can I ask if you had a lot of muscle and pain problems?

Thank you so much, [...]. My main issues during my taper were insomnia, massive waves, and vertigo. I did have muscle problems, but not nearly as much, I think, as some, or debilitating.

[...]

Hi [...],
Can you please tell us a bit more about your vertigo and how it left? There are many of us who experience debilitating disequilibrium, as if we're on a boat all the time. Was your vertigo like this, or something else? How long did you have it, and did it fade away, or disappear quickly?

Congratulations again on making it to the "other side"!

Hi [...],

Prior to my taper, vertigo was not something I ever experienced.

I experienced it all throughout my taper, at times intense, though not constantly. For me it was not debilitating. Some of my taper buddies and I called it the "sick-dizzies" due to the nausea.

Subsequent to my taper, it became milder and less frequent, eventually, like now, a sometimes light-headed feeling when I stand up.

Perhaps at this point it's related to the gabapentin or trazodone at this point, not sure.

I wish I could have been of more help.

It will get better over time, rest assured about that.

Love, [...]  :smitten:

Hi [...],
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm glad your vertigo wasn't too debilitating, as it can be really tough for some of us who suffer with it. I'm hardly functional because mine is quite intense. It's great news that yours went away, though. Thanks very much for the reassurance, as we can all do with a boatload of that!

As far as your light-headedness goes, I can say from experience that trazodone can certainly cause that. I was on it for a very short time, but had to stop due to orthostatic hypotension. My blood pressure was low to begin with, and that medication lowered it even more.  Quite dangerous, in my case.

Take good care, and I wish you all the best!

Hi [...],

Thank you again, and I of course wish the very best for you, too.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2018, 06:18:27 am »
Congrats on overcoming such a huge struggle. Thank you for coming back to write your story too. It means a lot to us that are still in the fight. It's always so awesome to hear about someone being benzo free after long term use because nobody deserves to spend the majority of their lives on these vile little pills. I've been on Valium for 4 years and it feels like 50, so I can't imagine being on it for decades. Enjoy your freedom, health, and happiness!

Thank you very much, [...].

Hope to see you here, on this side, posting your success story!

And...all the very best to you,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2018, 06:44:02 am »
Thank you for coming back and giving us long term users some hope. Congratulations and all the best to you as you go forward!
Hate to bug you with questions but .....Did you ever have any psychological or mental symptoms like the fear/terror that so many of us here are experiencing?

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 07:47:32 am »
Thank you for coming back and giving us long term users some hope. Congratulations and all the best to you as you go forward!
Hate to bug you with questions but .....Did you ever have any psychological or mental symptoms like the fear/terror that so many of us here are experiencing?
Hi [...],

I certainly had psychological symptoms, which I would characterize as extreme emotions. During the initial stages of my taper, I didn't know what was happening to me, and that was frightening.

I actually still have extreme emotions. Like nowadays when I see someone in pain or despair, I may begin to cry, even sob.

It's kinda strange, but I just let myself.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help.

As was a common expression for me and some during my taper

Hugs for Healing...

Best,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 10:51:16 pm »
Hi [...],

I certainly had psychological symptoms, which I would characterize as extreme emotions. During the initial stages of my taper, I didn't know what was happening to me, and that was frightening.

I actually still have extreme emotions. Like nowadays when I see someone in pain or despair, I may begin to cry, even sob.

It's kinda strange, but I just let myself.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help.

As was a common expression for me and some during my taper

Hugs for Healing...

Best,

[...]

Thank you and just so many congrats and best wishes to you ...such a huge accomplishment  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 07:05:49 am »
Thank you so much [...].

Please feel free top PM me any time if I can be of help ion any way.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 08:03:47 pm »
Thank you warmly for coming back to share your success with us, [...].  Huge congratulations!!  Itís so encouraging to hear that healing happens even after long term use.  I was on Klonopin for 24 years and completed cross over to Valium on November 1st, 2018.  My taper rate is the same as yours was!  .04mg/day.  Your plog was helpful to see; so great seeing the dose amounts decline until you reached zero.  Oh how I long for that day!  My goal is Feb 2020.  Best wishes to you and all the joy in life!

Love,

[...]