27 months off and mornings still hell

[wa...]

Hi all -- haven't posted in awhile but I guess I need continued support.

I should qualify that not every morning is hell.  But I have a good amount of anxiety each night about how I may feel the next day.  And, even though I often have the freedom to get back to sleep, any kind of disruption (spouse getting up, kid's alarm, dog, garbage pickup) sends me into an anxious state.  I freak out a little that I'm going to have to face the day feeling like s**t.  This fear, of course, creates anxiety in which I just say, "Screw this.  I'll just get up and be sleep deprived". 

Life has been particularly hard for me this past year.  I was moving too fast after I got off the Z-drug.  I was living life and doing things I was not able to do a year before.  But this morning symptom is stubborn.  It depresses me.  I thought I'd write a success story by now - hah -  things are better but not yet. 

Damn 27 months off and still struggling, I’m sorry to hear that. I keep pushing the goal post further and further ahead, thinking I’ll be better by 6 months, then a year, then 18 months which I’m nearly at and I’m no where near healed, in fact I’m falling back into a wave again. This just takes so long.

[8f...]

18 months and still have morning waaaayyy too sensitized feeling, ugh it sucks.

i had a couple months where the mornings awfulness subsided and i thought ok cool its passing finally, but nope, it came back and now its the same as always, waking up and having to work and conduct my day starting out with this totally oversensitive to everything feeling. it takes a few hours to subside at all.

what hell this journey, geez....

27 months for me this weekend and mornings are still the worst. Body aches / anxiety / music loops. Some days not so bad, other still yucky. Doesn't seem to be unusual, need a little more time I guess.

21 months and still have the morning anxiety, not really bad or debilitating but every morning I wake up with it.

Tinnitus and joint pains are my other lingering friends.

2trusting