Can you get tinnitus to slow down while tapering?

[Ma...]

I have had tinnitus longer than I have been on Xanax. It seemed better on Xanax so I am prepared for it to be worse than it has been It has been slowly gathering momentum the last month or so and now seems as bad as it ever has It is not a deal killer, but has anybody slowed their taper and have had tinnitus relent to some degree?

My tinnitus did not slow down while tapering, but I took my last dose on 9/6 when I walked off of klonopin after a DLMT.  About two weeks ago I noticed my tinnitus was gone.  It had definitely decreased in severity for about a month before it stopped.  I had it nearly non stop from January through November so I’m crossing my fingers that it doesn’t return!

As my doses got lower, all the side effects became much more manageable. My tinnitus wouldn’t spike as much toward the end, mainly happened around a cut. I’m almost off, currently at .2225mg Xanax. I’m hoping the tinnitus will no longer come and go after I stop.

Thanks for the responses from both of you

Dowork good luck the rest of the way It looks like you are trying to take the last part of your taper a l;title slower which seems wise