Want to reinstate everything 😢

[of...]

I’m thinking of going to the hospital and reinstating everything ..not for detox

AD’s benzos whatever they want to make this go away

Think I started tapering from a very bad unstable depressed place and that is not recommended

I’m thinking of going to the hospital and reinstating everything ..not for detox

Think I started tapering from a very bad unstable depressed place and that is not recommended

If you started off in a difficult spot it makes sense to go up, stabilize and then try again.  I'm not sure why this would involve a trip to the hospital and getting on anything the doctors suggest. What's your thinking behind the trip to the hospital?  offandon, you're in a really vulnerable position right now bc of the w/d and you can end up a lot worse off if you're not careful.  What have you done today to try to alleviate your symptoms?

If you started off in a difficult spot it makes sense to go up, stabilize and then try again.  I'm not sure why this would involve a trip to the hospital and getting on anything the doctors suggest. What's your thinking behind the trip to the hospital?  offandon, you're in a really vulnerable position right now bc of the w/d and you can end up a lot worse off if you're not careful.  What have you done today to try to alleviate your symptoms?

Because I feel very unsafe all the time. I’m convinced I need to be on something else. Like and ssri or antipsychotic or even gabapentin before I can do this. But I’m afraid to try anything else at home because I feel unsafe.

The only thing I’ve done to help today is I’ve been talking with my family to try to help me through. Basically nothing. I just am out of coping or hope.

The boatiness and unreality are very bad today.

Because I feel very unsafe all the time. I’m convinced I need to be on something else. Like and ssri or antipsychotic or even gabapentin before I can do this. But I’m afraid to try anything else at home because I feel unsafe.

The only thing I’ve done to help today is I’ve been talking with my family to try to help me through. Basically nothing. I just am out of coping or hope.

If you're feeling suicidal then definitely go get help.  The hotline number is 1-800-273-8255 here in the U.S.

Are you able to make an urgent care appointment with your doctor? That may be a better option to try first.

If you're feeling suicidal then definitely go get help.  The hotline number is 1-800-273-8255 here in the U.S.

Are you able to make an urgent care appointment with your doctor? That may be a better option to try first.

I’m not suicidal. I’m terrified that a body and brain will just give out from this on its own. That kind of unsafe.

I feel like I’m breaking myself worse than I was before.

This can’t just be benzo withdrawal. I’ve been lower dose than this and never felt like this. The only difference is no Ssri. 

I can call her but she’ll just have her receptionist tell me to go the hospital.

I feel so trapped unable to go back or forward.

Do what you feel you need to do but please know that Acute withdrawal does end when you get off Benzos and heal. It does. Trust me. Felt the same way you did. 

Do what you feel you need to do but please know that Acute withdrawal does end when you get off Benzos and heal. It does. Trust me. Felt the same way you did.

How can it be withdrawal when I’ve been lower than this and never felt like this and I’ve even  been holding.

The difference has to be the ssri. This started getting worse for me when early dark nights set in.

I feel so trapped. The hospital can’t help no one can.  :'(

How exactly would your mind give out?

You're responsive to questions and can think through scenarios so that's a good sign.  offandon, these appear to be pretty typical fears for what you're going through.  You haven't reduced by very much and you have people around you that are helping you.  What do they say about your condition and state of mind?  Can you hold conversations with them?

fwiw, my doc was not very sympathetic and forced me to jump basically. I'm on day 16 and it does get better. I remember being so terrified and while its been hell, it does seem like my patience is paying off

Off. I did go to the hospital and it put me back. I regret the time lost. I did gain a thorough medical and EKG, but that is all, I lost my taper, I was not given anything to stabilise, just observed. I tell a lie, they tried me on 10mg citalopram , at my request, which I thought better in the safety of a hospital, and I reacted so badly, but did they care, NO. The on call junior doctor prodded my stomach because I was dry heaving, then left, I was terrified, my mind in cyberspace. and was left on my own for an hour and a half. my mind in cyber space. What I could take successfully before Valium, I cannot tolerate now, and that is the sum total of the hospital visit. I would probably be off the Valium by now if I had not gone in there, and I was put back 2 months of taper. I hardly slept, and could not wait to leave. I would think carefully before a hospital option, please, though I do know how you are feeling, as I am feeling similar at this moment in time.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. If you wanted to try something, could someone from you family be with you? You would be in control and could try the tiniest bit to see the reaction, that is if you really wanted to reinstate some of your meds, just be careful our bodies react differently now and you don't want to make things worse. Be gentle with yourself

Must go and take my nightly dose of V now  , YUK 

You're working yourself up.  My suggestion is to get off benzo buddies and put your mind on something else.  My second taper was much worse than my first. It's common for people to think they need something else while going through this and this is your choice - you do have the option to do this - but in my experience and from what I've read about others is that it can make things a lot worse.

You're responsive to questions and can think through scenarios so that's a good sign.  offandon, these appear to be pretty typical fears for what you're going through.  You haven't reduced by very much and you have people around you that are helping you.  What do they say about your condition and state of mind?  Can you hold conversations with them?

I know I haven’t reduced much at all .....that’s why I don’t think this can be just withdrawal.

Because I’m not in reality how can ones body stay alive in that state.

Yes I’m holding conversations about my situation. They believe it’s withdrawl but are very worried because they’ve never seen me this bad. Tolerant and not very functional but not this out of it.

I know I haven’t reduced much at all .....that’s why I don’t think this can be just withdrawal.

Because I’m not in reality how can ones body stay alive in that state.

Yes I’m holding conversations about my situation. They believe it’s withdrawl but are very worried because they’ve never seen me this bad. Tolerant and not very functional but not this out of it.

Well the in person assessment from those who know you is gonna be much better than what you get from us on benzo buddies.  They haven't been through benzo w/d though.  You ultimately have to do what you think is best and no one's gonna fault you for anything you do bc we do understand. Just please take care of yourself and do what you think is right having gotten input from everyone.

You're working yourself up.  My suggestion is to get off benzo buddies and put your mind on something else.  My second taper was much worse than my first. It's common for people to think they need something else while going through this and this is your choice - you do have the option to do this - but in my experience and from what I've read about others is that it can make things a lot worse.

How was your 2nd taper worse ?

Symptoms more intense all around.  My second was clonazepam and my first was a CT detox off alprazolam.  New symptoms like akathesia.  I was not on sertraline like I was during the detox but I did start out my clonazepam taper in a pretty bad state - I was in tolerance already and dose wasn't stable. 

Off. I did go to the hospital and it put me back. I regret the time lost. I did gain a thorough medical and EKG, but that is all, I lost my taper, I was not given anything to stabilise, just observed. I tell a lie, they tried me on 10mg citalopram , at my request, which I thought better in the safety of a hospital, and I reacted so badly, but did they care, NO. The on call junior doctor prodded my stomach because I was dry heaving, then left, I was terrified, my mind in cyberspace. and was left on my own for an hour and a half. my mind in cyber space. What I could take successfully before Valium, I cannot tolerate now, and that is the sum total of the hospital visit. I would probably be off the Valium by now if I had not gone in there, and I was put back 2 months of taper. I hardly slept, and could not wait to leave. I would think carefully before a hospital option, please, though I do know how you are feeling, as I am feeling similar at this moment in time.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. If you wanted to try something, could someone from you family be with you? You would be in control and could try the tiniest bit to see the reaction, that is if you really wanted to reinstate some of your meds, just be careful our bodies react differently now and you don't want to make things worse. Be gentle with yourself

Must go and take my nightly dose of V now  , YUK

Chin I’m so sorry for what you’re going thru. It’s unconscionable that there aren’t places we can go to get help thru this.

I don’t understand why we can’t get back on what we were on before.

I’d gladly go back to my non driving but in realty Prozac and .75mg klonopin a day person.

Symptoms more intense all around.  My second was clonazepam and my first was a CT detox off alprazolam.  New symptoms like akathesia.  I was not on sertraline like I was during the detox but I did start out my clonazepam taper in a pretty bad state - I was in tolerance already and dose wasn't stable.

It seems like most of us had to be in a pretty bad state when we started getting off of them or why we get off of them right ? Then why does kelly brogan say you should taper when you’re in a stable place. Makes no sense. If everyone was stable they wouldn’t have been looking around on the web and going to drs to see what was wrong with them.

Have I really hardly reduced? Then how will I possibly do this?

My spreadsheet says 42% from August but it’s probably more because I was taking extra doses while my mom was sick and after.

My benzobuddies friend, I replied to you on another thread before I noticed this one.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=214510.40

You don't need a hospital, you need a break from your anxiety cycle. Your brain chemistry has you thinking in loops. Each loop builds up another loop. It's so very much a part of this process. It's absolutely normal for your situation.