Dry taper 1/8th a week? Anyone do it this way?

[Ho...]

Reducing by the same amount each time you make a cut becomes increasingly difficult because the percentage of the total dose actually increases every time you make a cut.  Your first cut would be 12.5%, second would be 14.3%, third 16.7%, fourth 20%, etc.  This site suggests keeping the percentage the same (10%) and making the cut every 10-14 days.

I was taking .75 Mg klonopin and 1/8 worked very well for me but I reduced when it felt right, not weekly. Let your symptoms diminish then resume the next 1/8. Don't let people or a doctor rush you. The first half a pill was most difficult because I think I actually was biting off more than a half so my dose was probably more than .75 so the first cut was a shock to my cns. I took about a year off to get as close to normal as I could. When I resumed I was already not drinking, eating healthy and EXERCISING to prepare. Do those things to help the process. These last 6 cuts were amazingly easy. When I say easy I mean still symptoms but if I cut on Thursday night I'd have symptoms through the weekend but mostly normal by Tuesday. Some reductions were weekly but do what feels right for you. I didn't notice if you're male or female but cutting close to my cycle was the worst ever. Any symptoms I normally get hit me like a train and a million times worse. So right after my cycle or maybe a week or so after is ideal but no more than 2 weeks after. I hope you're female or this will be TMI. Then when I got down to .125... it's been rough. I'm holding for a month or so then I think I'll do 120 day micro taper. Good luck!

Reducing by the same amount each time you make a cut becomes increasingly difficult because the percentage of the total dose actually increases every time you make a cut.  Your first cut would be 12.5%, second would be 14.3%, third 16.7%, fourth 20%, etc.  This site suggests keeping the percentage the same (10%) and making the cut every 10-14 days.

If he's at 10mg (per his siggy), then 1/8mg is 1.25%  1.25% per week (5% per month) is a pretty slow taper. 

If he's at 10mg (per his siggy), then 1/8mg is 1.25%  1.25% per week (5% per month) is a pretty slow taper.

Didn't read her sig.  Yes, that would be pretty slow.  Same principle applies.  Would recommend cutting based on percentage.

Ok I didn't see that, yes if at 10mg now then that does seem small. But sounds like she started st 30 mg so maybe that's as fast as she can go now. Again I would listen to your body. Maybe you can do 1/4 every week instead or cut 1/8 twice per week. Just do what feels right and allows you to still function. I have only taken k-pin so I don't know much about this drug.

I think the 10% is a good guideline but if I'd followed the percentages I would have had even worse symptoms when I started because 1/12 cut of my dose was tough. I'd also be well behind where I am now because I did much more than that the last few months. You have to factor in what responsibilities you have going on, how much time you have for self care vs. do you have a job to maintain and/or kids to transport safely? And every journey is unique some have low symptoms and others high there is no rhyme or reason. At the end of the day you want to be done with this poison but also you want to do it safely and prevent any protracted symptoms. That's where I'm struggling now. My nature is very cold turkey I don't do anything part way but I'm forced to in order to not suffer long term harm. Hope this helps. You're doing great to make it this far.

Thanks Guys!  I'm a female, 70 yrs old.  I tapered fast(less than 4 months) from 30mg to 10mg then I was hit hard as if hit by a car!  BP Skyrocketed and stayed high for 3 solid weeks. No sleep that entire time.  It was like CT.  Full CT.  So I have been on HOLD for a month now and still shaking. 

I discovered Hisbiscus tea and it is bringing my bp down but I seem to be more nervous.  But it has enabled me to sleep, once I get through the nervousness at night.  3rd night of sleep so far. 

I can tell my CNS is not dealing with this taper or even the HOLD.  Not stable as yet, which surprises me.  I started the KETO diet (I am 5'1" small boned and weigh 105 lbs); for Health reasons and Intermittent Fasting which helps your body to heal rather than breaking down food all the time.  I do the intermittent fasting by stop eating at 5 pm. then eat in the morning at 9:00 a.m.

But the worst right now while I'm on HOLD is the nervousness and tightness in my jaw.  It was broken in the joints from a car accident in the 90s.  So the pain I had in my jaw just magnified more than ever before.  Like I needed that.  :'(

Anyway, I appreciate all your help guys.  I need friends and support for now.  Hate to ask for it bcuz I know you are all going through your own problems as well.  So I greatly appreciate any and all help and advice you can give me.  Blessings to you all.

Thanks Guys!  I'm a female, 70 yrs old.  I tapered fast(less than 4 months) from 30mg to 10mg then I was hit hard as if hit by a car!  BP Skyrocketed and stayed high for 3 solid weeks. No sleep that entire time.  It was like CT.  Full CT.  So I have been on HOLD for a month now and still shaking. 

I discovered Hisbiscus tea and it is bringing my bp down but I seem to be more nervous.  But it has enabled me to sleep, once I get through the nervousness at night.  3rd night of sleep so far. 

I can tell my CNS is not dealing with this taper or even the HOLD.  Not stable as yet, which surprises me.  I started the KETO diet (I am 5'1" small boned and weigh 105 lbs); for Health reasons and Intermittent Fasting which helps your body to heal rather than breaking down food all the time.  I do the intermittent fasting by stop eating at 5 pm. then eat in the morning at 9:00 a.m.

But the worst right now while I'm on HOLD is the nervousness and tightness in my jaw.  It was broken in the joints from a car accident in the 90s.  So the pain I had in my jaw just magnified more than ever before.  Like I needed that.  :'(

Anyway, I appreciate all your help guys.  I need friends and support for now.  Hate to ask for it bcuz I know you are all going through your own problems as well.  So I greatly appreciate any and all help and advice you can give me.  Blessings to you all.

Hey Hopeforrecovery,  I'd be delighted to be your friend.  ;D  Private message me anytime!  Happy to support - we all need it through this and that's what I'm here for, to give and receive it.  I'm so sorry to hear about how rough it's been.  Smart thing to just hold for awhile and I hope you start feeling stable soon.  Making it that far in the first 4 months is really great.  Has your bp come down?    How's the diet affecting your taper and current hold do you think?  I've heard a lot of things about keto and the fasting but haven't looked into them yet.  Wrt to the tightness in your jaw, have you tried and warm pack?  Sending you good vibes.  :smitten: :smitten: