New to tapering. Looking for help with liquid titration of 30 mg of Temazepam

[Ce...]

Hello and Thank you. I have been on 30mg  Temazepam for 2.5 months and would like to liquid taper this. I have done some reading but I am math challenged. I want to present my titration plan on paper to my doc.  His idea of tapering is scary!  I am hoping he will prescribe long enough to allow for a proper taper.

Hello Celeste7676 :hug: and Welcome to benzobuddies

We are glad you found us, welcome to the community.    Benzodiazepines used more than a few months, should be tapered off slow.  Sorry I can’t help with a titration plan, I am sure one of our members will help you.  Please browse the boards and post questions for members to respond.  You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.

The generally accepted taper rate is 5-10%, every 10 to 14 days.  The rate can be adjusted to meet your needs.  Some are able to taper faster than this and some must go more slowly to help keep their withdrawal symptoms manageable.

Read through the Ashton Manual,  It’s great for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body.  It also provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans    Titration Taper Plans

If you would be so kind please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Thank you so much ! I plan to visit the titration forum. :). Is the tapering the same whether you have been on a benzo 3 months or 3 years? I have been researching and it seems like it would take longer to taper than I was actually taking the benzo? Just curious.