Desperate to reduce constant severe anxiety state whilst tapering Valium.

[ch...]

I have been stuck in a very severe anxiety state all day today, and I don't know how to deal with it any more, I have tried decaf green tea, I ha tried magnesium citrate. even a bit of sublingual B12 in desperation for  relief. I have done breathing exercises , I have done tapping, I really need something to bring it down if only a bit, my fingers, lips and tongue, even my cheeks  are numb, and live in dread that this is my life for ever. I don't know where to put myself, I cannot distract, I have tried, I keep searching for something that will bring it down a bit so that I can function. I have had this for so long already, but today is really bad. Has anyone any idea what can help. and not make it worse? I can't live in extreme panic all the time, and it wont ease.

I cannot blame my last cuts. as they surely only a tiny drop over 19 days from3mgs to 2.8mgs. No cuts for the last 6 days. I get no help from my Doctor or psychiatrist. Any ideas are most welcome.

How I wish I had never gone to the Doctor in March. I can't keep living endlessly in this state. I do get a reprieve at night when cortisol is lower I guess, but this is really unbearable. Help Just frozen in fear. And fear it will be like this for ever, as I read today can happen to some. Just terrified

Thank you just for the kindness of replying It means a lot . Has anyone felt this level of fear shaking through them right down to their legs and feet. The feeling it will kill  level anxiety that wont ease up, going on and on all day. . I get it every day which has made me agoraphobic, and this I try to work through by at least walking the block, but today for some reason, the almost unbearable has become totally utterly  completely unbearable. It's been going on hours. But for these disgusting pills I could have a Christmas brandy, that is if I drank, which I don't, or even a herbal calming over the counter pill. But there is nothing for this as far  I know. It's way beyond what I went to the Doctors with, and the only drug there is no help for. I am just praying someone knows something that might ease it a little

Surely someone have felt this, and if so what did they do. I havn't even gone cold turkey to warrent this a reaction , Perhaps I should, then at least the suffering will have a reason . I really don't understand any of this. and it makes me believe I wont ever heal, If I am like this with a slow taper. from a low dose for not too long a time. I think it might be too much for me .

Thank you just for the kindness of replying It means a lot . Has anyone felt this level of fear shaking through them right down to their legs and feet. The feeling it will kill  level anxiety that wont ease up, going on and on all day. . I get it every day which has made me agoraphobic, and this I try to work through by at least walking the block, but today for some reason, the almost unbearable has become totally utterly  completely unbearable. It's been going on hours. But for these disgusting pills I could have a Christmas brandy, that is if I drank, which I don't, or even a herbal calming over the counter pill. But there is nothing for this as far  I know. It's way beyond what I went to the Doctors with, and the only drug there is no help for. I am just praying someone knows something that might ease it a little

Surely someone have felt this, and if so what did they do. I havn't even gone cold turkey to warrent this a reaction , Perhaps I should, then at least the suffering will have a reason . I really don't understand any of this. and it makes me believe I wont ever heal, If I am like this with a slow taper. from a low dose for not too long a time. I think it might be too much for me .

Yes I’m in it right now. It’s not even anxiety. It’s just unreality terror.

Chinchuck.  I don't know if this would help you, but my BP was skyrocketing and not coming down.  I also shook uncontrollably.  Someone on here suggested Hibiscus tea.  It took down my BP better than any bp medication and calmed me.  Linden DECAF Tea also calms the CNS. 

I KNOW KAVA KAVA works but I've read we should not take that with Benzos.  However, I have taken it when it gets bad.  It's supposed to harm the LIVER if you take it with medication.  Hibiscus tea heals the liver.  You can look all these things up. 

I looked up NERVINES from the herbal market.  I have tried a few but they did not help me except for Kava Kava.  But we're all individuals and what works for one might not work for another. 

I've been the guinea pig throughout this taper and it's not been easy.  Read Skullcap helps, but it did NOT help me at all.  You can google "NERVINES" and check them out for yourself, see if they help you.  If you do try them, do "DABS" first and see if it helps.  You know, open the capsules, and dab with your finger a little, wait to see if it does anything.  That's how I've done it. 

DiRibose is supposed to replace our ATP which feeds and heals our Mitochondria cells in our bodies and our brains.  I've noticed a significant help in taking this this week alone.  It seems to have helped me.  Just do the research before you take anything. 

But the Hibiscus tea has helped me.  No more than 3 cups a day though, it raises your metabolism, but it has calming effects. 

I hope this helps.

Lots of us are like this. I’m terrified of my own living space, everything I look at, touch, hear frightens me beyond describing and also in physical agony so can’t curl up in bed.

Thank you everyone. I does help to know others care. I only get  "Your just paranoid" at home. I am not. This is my reality or none reality /

Thank you also Hope for you tips, I do have some tea in with linden, or lime in it. I could try that tonight

I am at the point where I don't care about gaba this or that I just want time out from the horror movie.

I might send for some kava. if it's not banned over here with the concerns about the liver, but then what is Valium doing to it anyway,

I am so grateful for your support it means a lot. and can I join that club Off?

You have more than your share too Ajusta

We are all hurting and suffering but it's the road to RECOVERY.  Our only other choice is to stay on drugs till we die and we've chosen not to do that or go along with that, which shows we are courageous and Stronger then we ever imagined we could be.  Takes a lot of guts to do what we're doing and once we get off these, we'll be the better for it.  There is positive proof that many others have gone through this and healed. That's our goal and we WILL REACH IT.  One way either slow or fast, we'll get there and we have to keep our thoughts and minds on that goal on the days that seems too hard to bear.  I know, I've had days where I was so sick, I was in bed 24/7.  Frightening, yet, I won't give up, I will not turn back!  I will continue to move forward, or hold and then forward again till I reach my GOAL of RECOVERY!  This TOO SHALL PASS and we will be WELL AGAIN!

Yes Hope I know you are right, but tonight  I have given up. I feel deserted by the medical profession here in the UK, They offer nothing, Just leave me to my own devices, to make a taper plan of my own, and my underlying GAD and severe anxiety state will still be there even if I succeed in stopping the pills, they put me on and left me on, when I kept saying they are addictive, and it's me that has fought to be tapered off, I am lost, stuck in bed , not able even to talk to my family as I seem unable to now. That is recent and can only mean depression is setting in too. Like you I have lost so much weight. 30lbs , and I am tiny. Such a short time ago I was well and healthy and never dreamed this could happen as I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, not even statins or blood pressure pills, I was fit, Now I near to the end and left deserted by the NHS, just a 5 minute phone call of a review and no other help at all, and they prescribed the poison they told me I should keep taking. Oh well. Perhaps it will get better but I cannot see how .

You are so kind  Hope.. I do hope your BP stabilises and you can progress in your taper

You need to heal you. Watch those you tube videos that were recommended in response to showing family members what is happening,,, can’t switch back and get the link right now. Let me know if you need it b

Hi CC, I have also experienced what you described, including heart attack levels of anxiety. The only thing I have found to help is the herb bacopa monneri. It does not interfere with a benzo taper, and has been shown to help re-sensitize GABA receptors. It was a life-saver for me. I found B vitamins, magnesium, or pretty much any other supplement to be stimulating and increase anxiety. If you try bacopa, get the organic one and chew the capsule in your mouth until it is liquid. It tastes terrible, but it is a small price to pay when you feel like you are going to die. Once it is totally liquid in your mouth, swallow it. I do this on an empty stomach and see great relief from anxiety within 30-40 minutes.

It WILL get better. This is a path of great suffering, and it is normal to begin to feel hopeless, helpless and depressed. But you can get through.  http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/hug/hugging.gif

Hi CC, to my knowledge bacopa does not interfere with any medications. A lot of people take bacopa daily to help memory and cognitive I would recommend using it as needed.

Also, keep in mind anxiety is a side effect of Spironolactone for some people. So hopefully at some point you can get off that and see benefit too.

Thank you cowchick, I am only on Valium nothing else. My symptoms seem to be morphing into other things as well. tonight a burning face , right sided and double toned tinnitus with pressure in my ears and head. Will it never end.

It's kind of you to think about me

Oh yes, sorry about that, CC! I've got terrible benzo brain!  :idiot:

Don't know if bacopa will help with tinnitus and ear pressure. It might. It definitely seems to improve circulation inside the noggin'.

I know there is a connection to serotonin , Does it not have a similar start up problem like SSRI's .Does it help immediately or is there a delay?

For me, bacopa helps within 30-40 minutes for anxiety. If I am having bad anxiety, I chew half a one up, preferably on an empty stomach, and it just quashes it.

Bacopa is known to help resensitize GABA receptors. It acts more like an adaptogen, modulating receptors up and down based on what they need versus just pumping everything up. Below is a good abstract on it...

Go to:

Abstract

This review synthesizes behavioral research with neuromolecular mechanisms putatively involved with the low-toxicity cognitive enhancing action of Bacopa monnieri (BM), a medicinal Ayurvedic herb. BM is traditionally used for various ailments, but is best known as a neural tonic and memory enhancer. Numerous animal and in vitro studies have been conducted, with many evidencing potential medicinal properties. Several randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials have substantiated BM's nootropic utility in humans. There is also evidence for potential attenuation of dementia, Parkinson's disease, and epilepsy. Current evidence suggests BM acts via the following mechanisms—anti-oxidant neuroprotection (via redox and enzyme induction), acetylcholinesterase inhibition and/or choline acetyltransferase activation, β-amyloid reduction, increased cerebral blood flow, and neurotransmitter modulation (acetylcholine [ACh], 5-hydroxytryptamine [5-HT], dopamine [DA]). BM appears to exhibit low toxicity in model organisms and humans; however, long-term studies of toxicity in humans have yet to be conducted. This review will integrate molecular neuroscience with behavioral research.

Oh my I am not sure which to try, Bacopa. or NAC. The anxiety is making me scared to try. Have others used either of these. I dread to make matters worse, but really do need to get the severe anxiety under control  so that I can continue my taper. I am being driven by fear .

Don't be scared! I know that's easier said than done. I don't know about NAC, but I have never found bacopa stimulating. I, myself, am super sensitive to stimulants. I cannot even drink a couple ounces of coffee without going full on manic/panic.

But I understand your fear. Whenever I try something new, I take a little bit of it at first, just to see, so if it doesn't suit me I haven't just downed a whole pill of it. (And I save my receipts so I can return it if it is a no-go!) Try 1/4 of the bacopa, or just a 100mg of NAC. See how it goes. Just pick one and if that's not the ticket, try the other. They both have very low side effect potential, just go slow. 

I use Himalaya brand. It's organic. One tablet has 500 mg of whole plant and 250mg of extract. I chew it up in my mouth until it is liquid and swallow it on an empty stomach for fastest relief.