Has anyone had a shingles shot during withdrawal?

[Ma...]

Nope and I was offered the shot back in October when i took my flu shot but I was afraid to take it. My provider told me it was  a new shot now and if I did not feel comfortable then do not take it just yet.

I would like to know the answer to your question also.

I was not offered one during my physical last year - and it did not occur to me to ask.  I wish that I had though.  Shingles has practically brought me to my knees.  (I have no idea if the vaccine would have made my taper more difficult, but the nerve issues brought on by my shingles have dramatically affected my quality of life.)

I did read recently that many people who get the vaccine are often not told that they may experience a few days of flu-like symptoms after the shot.  The advice was to get the vaccine on a Friday so that you have the weekend to recover, (if you end up being in that group who does experience symptoms.)  From that info, and given that our demographic is so sensitive to most things, I would think that some issues post-vaccine should be expected.

Pick the better of two evils, I guess ...

(... but if I had it to do over, I'd choose the vaccine over Shingles any day!)

:idiot:

I hope someone who has had it chimes in though.  I’m curious too.

There is no cross sensitivity between the shingles vaccine and benzodiazepines.

And if you ever develop shingles, you will really wish you had gotten the vaccine. ::)

Thanks guys, I have no problem with the flu shot so I am going to get the shingles's.  I have to believe it would be better than having them, like builder said.  I will be scared to death, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.  We need a shaky emoji on here.  Love you all, Mary ☮️💜🙏🎄🦉🐕🐾

Same here Mary I will be getting mine also. :thumbsup:

Wish we could go together  :laugh: :laugh:  Love ya, Mary. ☮️💜🙏

Amen! Now I have to wait until the snow melts before I can get out of my house to go get it done. I pray both of us have success and no up ticks in symptoms.

Same here Mary I will be getting mine also. :thumbsup:

Wish we could go together  :laugh: :laugh:  Love ya, Mary. ☮️💜🙏

Me too ;)💜

Amen! Now I have to wait until the snow melts before I can get out of my house to go get it done. I pray both of us have success and no up ticks in symptoms.