I finally found you!!!!

[su...]

Hello there. I was on Loraz for over 35 years, but wasn't taking it daily, so it wasn't a life altering issue to stop it. I am 50ish.

****Was taking Clonazepam for 13 years daily. I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (just found out)- and have had horrific drug reactions that appear to be like an attack on the CNS. (Normal doze of various drug classes- react like a life threatening overdose to me for 48 hours.)

STOPPING Clonaz triggered this reaction in me- but the symptoms haven't stopped. Many terrifying neurological symptoms including heavy arms and legs, seizures, internal tremors, internal buzzing, gut reactions, eventually affecting my jaw, neck, tongue, akathesia, 3 days my blood pressure was crazy and almost went to the ER several times..instant severe neuropathy, could barely walk for almost 4 wks pain was so bad...many more symptoms still going on. They thought I had Parkinsons but symptoms were multiplying beyond Parkinson's.

I am about 16 days off- still really suffering. Unspeakable anx day and night!!! (But hey-at least I'm off). I thought the symptoms would end when off- LOL!!!  I have almost lost my life during this hellish process- and it was so bad that I've seriously considered taking it. But I'm still fighting.

Severe insomnia started 8 months prior- sleeping 2 hrs a night- STILL. The sleep deprivation alone has almost pushed me over the edge- but again-Im still here fighting!!! I'm not completely sure the origin of sleep deprivation. Could be various things..cortisol..benzo, trauma. Ive had sleep issues for decades.

I am so traumatized by all of this..I can only read positive stuff or it really triggers me. Im doing this ALONE. New has dismissed me. He cannot believe this is benzo withdrawal. Too sick to get to appointments now.

I've drastically changed my diet which has helped with swelling and pain.

(Not sure how long this should be? There is much more to my story, but I'll leave it at that.)

I knew a woman online a year ago who left this earth by choice. My heart broke for her. Now I really understand what she was going through. I get it.

I'm looking for hope here.

Bless all you survivors!!!

Thank you.

zDFSObb.png

Hello sunnydayz!

We are very glad that you found us! Congratulations on being benzo free! I am sorry to hear you too are so sensitive to benzo. You are not alone. Unfortunately, many others report the same excruciating symptoms.

For many of us symptoms generally tend to slowly decrease in intensity and duration then dissipate. The recovery process can take some time. Hang in there you should fully recover in due time.  :thumbsup:

I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful recovery. You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to remain benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

OR

For a Visual Tutorial:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE

Links:

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days 

Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk

You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video

Other Tutorials:

sunnydayz, welcome aboard! you have come to the right place for support. 

I am not qualified to give you any suggestions, but I want you to know you are not alone!

:smitten: Hang in there.

-PH 🌷